What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders vs Tigers Trial- Team

Raiders side named for Tigers trial
graham_trial1.jpg-f77ffeddffc5e40d9ec3097a56eceb99.jpg
28 Feb,2007
spacer.gif

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have named their team to take on the Wests Tigers in their second pre-season trial this Saturday night.
The Raiders will be looking to bounce back from last week's upset loss to a combined Broncos/Redcliffe outfit by putting their best foot forward against the 2005 premiers, in their final hit-out before the start of the NRL regular season.
CANBERRA RAIDERS V WESTS TIGERS
DAVIES PARK, BRISBANE, SATURDAY MARCH 3, 7.30pm
1. MARSHALL CHALK
2. COLIN BEST
3. PHIL GRAHAM
4. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
5. ADRIAN PURTELL
6. TODD CARNEY
7. MICHAEL DOBSON
8. SCOTT LOGAN
9. LINCOLN WITHERS
10. DANE TILSE
11. GLEN TURNER
12. MATT BICKERSTAFF
13. ALAN TONGUE (C)
14. ANDREW DUNEMANN
15. JOSH MILLER
16. BRAD CROSS
17. NEVILLE COSTIGAN
19. BEN JONES

woodgers

Bench
Unless something drastic happens, that is the side he is expecting to send out against Manly apparently (or that is what has been stated in the media and at the Meningans). I'd say Cross will be dropped for week 1 though. I'm happy with that side. Disappointed I can't go and watch them this weekend actually.

woodgers

Bench
raiders fan forever said:
are they just resting weyman

Must be. He'll probably come in for Jones round 1. If Thommo is fit then i'm not sure who he will drop. I imagine Tilse to the bench but who misses out is a mystery.

Raider_69

Post Whore
agreed azz, weyman in for Cross and Jones dropped off the bench and i think thats what our rd 1 team will look like

intheknow

Juniors
Christmas Ape said:
That's a pretty sweet looking team.
I don't know a lot about Brad Cross. What's his story?

Dubbo junior and plays in the centres... very strong in defence.

intheknow

Juniors
raiders fan forever said:
Raiders side named for Tigers trial
1. MARSHALL CHALK
2. COLIN BEST
3. PHIL GRAHAM
4. WILLIAM ZILLMAN
5. ADRIAN PURTELL

fast backline with Zillman, Graham, Best and Chalk, Hopefully see and expansive game from the raiders...

Timbo

Staff member
I dare say Howell will come in for Purtell when he's over his niggle.

Otherwise it's probably our best outfit.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i fear unless zillman has a pretty good game this week, howell might come in for him. And if the reports are anything to go but you could hardly blame henry, zillman has had two dusty games thus far. Need a big one from him this week

Howell/Purtell is really a who cares debate imo, either way its the weakest link in our backline, id dearly love to see Frawley find his game and see us play 1. goodwin 2. best 3. graham 4. zillman 5. frawley

with an option being moving zillman into the halves or bench and playing the better form player of howell/purtell/kelly/cross whom of the latter two im tipping one to be our answer to adam mogg's departure

Chachi

Bench
Don't forget about the possibility of Thompson being right for Rd 1 if the rumours are correct. I'm still not convinced on that one though.

I'm surprised by the starting front row of Tilse and Logan, but it sounded like Weyman had a shocker last weekend so maybe he just played himself out of the side? Not a great deal of depth up front with only Miller on the bench.

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
WHEN IS TLL back!!!
If everyone was fit my team would be something like this

1 BRONX GOODWIN
2 COLIN BEST
3 PHIL GRAHAM
4 WILLIAM ZILLMAN
5 DAVID HOWELL
6 TODD CARNEY
7 MICHAEL DOBSON
8 MICHAEL WEYMAN
9 LINCOLN WITHERS
10 SCOTT LOGAN
11 TOM LEROYD LARS
12 NEVILLE COSTIGAN
13 ALAN TONGUE

14. GLEN TURNER
15. ANDREW DUNEMANN
16 .JOSH MILLER
17 MATT BICKERSTAFF

Raider_69

Post Whore
chachi, dont worry about up front
we have plenty of depth, thompson, weyman, tilse, miller, thurling, raston and williams (who has apparently carved pre season a new one) all with NRL experience.

aussies1st

Staff member
That side looks good hopefully Zillman has a cracker so there is no question he'll be in the 17.

woodgers

Bench
My drama as i've mentioned before is how people will assess Zilly round 1. If he plays in the centres he'll either be marking Bell or Lyon. Not a very easy task at all, in fact couldn't be a harder task up front if you ask me so if he has an ordinary game, people will jump on his back.

I hope he goes brilliantly this weekend. He has to be in 1st grade. He is too good not to. I'd prefer they put him in and he makes mistakes rather than hide him in reggies any longer.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
woodgers said:
My drama as i've mentioned before is how people will assess Zilly round 1. If he plays in the centres he'll either be marking Bell or Lyon. Not a very easy task at all, in fact couldn't be a harder task up front if you ask me so if he has an ordinary game, people will jump on his back.

I hope he goes brilliantly this weekend. He has to be in 1st grade. He is too good not to. I'd prefer they put him in and he makes mistakes rather than hide him in reggies any longer.

I don't really rate Bell all that much and Lyon will be in the #6 I believe. As for leaving Zillman in reggies, I couldn't agree more. Better off losing a few games at the start of the season than at the end of it (if this is even a result of Zillman playing).

jed

First Grade
Not a bad looking side at all.

What happened to the #18? Is that being saved for an extra player to make the trip up?