What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders want Carney by season's start

Bay56

First Grade
Can this club afford to pay two marquee players $350K + 4 players $250K (a total of six players in key positions)??

Or does it make more football sense to pay each and every player the same ... approx $160K each??

cooba

Juniors
Saw Mary aka "Crookwell Witch " last week ,she sees a great future in Marc Herbert, reckons he is the future of the club, an intelligent boy destined to be club captain. Says dont worry about Carney, if he leaves will end up the same as Finch. For those who have been on this site will remember the hex placed on Finch by Mary and remember she never placed one on Freckle Monaghan.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

cooba

Juniors
I will Raider_69. she is the "Raiders" number 1 supporter,great knowledge about the history. She really got a set on Finchy, hope it doesn't happen to Carney-he's treading down a very dangerous road.

Bay56

First Grade
hey cooba do you reckon you can get the witch to cast a spell on Donny Jnr and Hawko ?

an "or else" type spell ... ie sign Carney or else a plague of mites will be ever present in his Y-fronts .. that'll get the bastards off their combined arses

legend

Coach
What if he wears boxers?

He's probably got a tat of a detour sign down there anyway.

100%green

Juniors
I was shocked about what Smith said today till I remembered how many clubs he played for. So no real shock there.

Chachi

Bench
cooba said:
Saw Mary aka "Crookwell Witch " last week ,she sees a great future in Marc Herbert, reckons he is the future of the club, an intelligent boy destined to be club captain. Says dont worry about Carney, if he leaves will end up the same as Finch. For those who have been on this site will remember the hex placed on Finch by Mary and remember she never placed one on Freckle Monaghan.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
He certainly appears to be a pretty level headed kid with a good attitude. It's a shame we didn't hold onto Monaghan, because all of this Carney garbage would have been almost irrelevant with Zilly and Herbert also on the books.

Yes it might set us back a year if Todd goes, but a Herbert/Zillman halves combination could be outstanding if Marc continues to improve at his current rate. Campo and even Dobson can also fill in the gaps.

Having said that, Win news suggested tonight that Carney was set to announce his intentions before the season started. I'm not sure if this is total crap, but that could indicate positive news for us. I'd hate to be TC if the Crookwell Witch gets hold of him!

cooba

Juniors
I will pass on your regards Sydney Raider, she will appreciate the support she is given. Some people regard this witch stuff as mumbo junbo garbage, but to her its her religion,something she has believed in for years, i just think thank God she's a fanatical Raiders supporter. the thing that convinced me she's on the right track, was how the Roosters tracked her down and tried to get the hex on Finch lifted. (to no avail)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
cooba said:
I will pass on your regards Sydney Raider, she will appreciate the support she is given. Some people regard this witch stuff as mumbo junbo garbage, but to her its her religion,something she has believed in for years, i just think thank God she's a fanatical Raiders supporter. the thing that convinced me she's on the right track, was how the Roosters tracked her down and tried to get the hex on Finch lifted. (to no avail)
:lol:

Chachi

Bench
If our reported offer of around $1.4-$1.6M over 4 years is true, and he knocks it back then I say adios muchachos, thanks for the memories.

But fair dinkum you'd think WE somehow owe HIM a favour.