What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random afternoon thoughts V.3

clarency

Juniors
After the completely abysmal attempt at a survey conducted by the DT I figured this was long overdue.

1. Do you think the NRL will ever receive a higher pay packet for their TV rights than the AFL, and are both codes coming close to the plateau on how much they'll receive?

2. While most people consider the GWS AFL team doomed from the beginning, the AFL insist that it will succeed. Lets say it doesn't; will the AFL cut the cord and retreat or will they stick it out and continue to fund the team in hope that they eventually attract fans?

3a. To the people arguing the commission will bring no change: Why?
3b. To the people who believe the commission will bring change: What is it?

4. With Perth as a leading contender for the new expansion team, do you think its success will introduce a newfound motivation to expand to other areas, and/or will it lead new areas becoming more interested in the NRL?

5. With Perth and Adelaide holding many similarities (population, sporting teams, etc), why is Perth heralded as potentially the next Broncos, while Adelaide is said to be incapable of sustaining its own team. What's the deal?

6. If QLD win the SOO again in 2011, will we start to see a drop in NSW public interest?

I couldn't be bothered with the others but 5. seems simple. Perth is now bigger and is growing fast. There is more money there due to the minerals boom. RL is stronger already and there are way more ex-pats from NSW, Qld, NZ and England. Not to mention they actually have a bid and a team etc. Although I don't think anyone is saying they will be the next Broncos or anything of the sort.

Slackboy72

Coach
I couldn't be bothered with the others but 5. seems simple. Perth is now bigger and is growing fast. There is more money there due to the minerals boom. RL is stronger already and there are way more ex-pats from NSW, Qld, NZ and England. Not to mention they actually have a bid and a team etc. Although I don't think anyone is saying they will be the next Broncos or anything of the sort.

The biggest thing in Perth's favour is the large NZ, SA and English ex-pat community. This however works in the Force's favour too though which is just as likely to attract those fans.

Perth Red

Post Whore
After the completely abysmal attempt at a survey conducted by the DT I figured this was long overdue.

1. Do you think the NRL will ever receive a higher pay packet for their TV rights than the AFL, and are both codes coming close to the plateau on how much they'll receive?

No, I doubt we will ever get the quality of administration that would be needed or the willingness to step beyond out traditional paradigms

2. While most people consider the GWS AFL team doomed from the beginning, the AFL insist that it will succeed. Lets say it doesn't; will the AFL cut the cord and retreat or will they stick it out and continue to fund the team in hope that they eventually attract fans?
Yep, this isn;t about GWS getting 35k to games in Sydney, it is about continuing to grow the presence of AFL in NSW and the value that has

3a. To the people arguing the commission will bring no change: Why?
3b. To the people who believe the commission will bring change: What is it?
Yep lots of change for the positive but they will find it hard going to change the old school mentality of the game and clubs
4. With Perth as a leading contender for the new expansion team, do you think its success will introduce a newfound motivation to expand to other areas, and/or will it lead new areas becoming more interested in the NRL?
Yep, once the value of having a truly national comp is reslaised it is logical
5. With Perth and Adelaide holding many similarities (population, sporting teams, etc), why is Perth heralded as potentially the next Broncos, while Adelaide is said to be incapable of sustaining its own team. What's the deal?
Perth is 5-10 years ahead of Adelaide in every aspect of growing RL from the ground up
6. If QLD win the SOO again in 2011, will we start to see a drop in NSW public interest?
Nope, people are a sucker for punishment!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
what's for dinner?

is there any beer in the fridge?

what is this rash?

why is the guy in the car in front wearing a sombrero?

Latest posts