What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

stryker

First Grade
God I hope not.

Sheens gave us three years of no finals appearances because of his stubborn refusal to play a genuine halfback after Prince signed elsewhere. He also forced out Hodgson and refused to play a genuine fullback until Tedesco started. Instead of fixing the issues with the spine, he gutted out forward pack by signing Adam Blair which started an exodus of players to the Sharks. He tore the club apart, going through 3 CEOs and was too arrogant to see that he was past it and took legal action rather than taking a coaching director role. He also signed a washed up Braith Anasta as a parting gift.

Sheens may have been in charge when we won the premiership, but if it was anything more than incidental, we would have seen much better results in the ten years after that.
100% Fordy.
Sheens is a bumbling old fool and his hiring has bordered on strategic sabotage.

2 Sundays in a row now from Sunday Telecrap, News Corp non-journalist Rothfield today:

Its actually better entertainment than watching their games.

”The rumour will not go away that one of the few consistently well performed players at West Tigers wants out to join a rival club after a disagreement with teammates”.

Tigerm

First Grade
2 Sundays in a row now from Sunday Telecrap, News Corp non-journalist Rothfield today:

Its actually better entertainment than watching their games.

”The rumour will not go away that one of the few consistently well performed players at West Tigers wants out to join a rival club after a disagreement with teammates”.
Hmmm, it would have to Nofo, wouldn't it? I hope so anyway.

stryker

First Grade
No idea Tigerm, I’m still struggling with
There are none really but those who come close include Doueihi, Laurie, Stephano and Nofoaluma.
Doueihi and Laurie have been our most consistent, however they seem committed currently.
Stephano is too new to be fighting behind the scenes.

Nofo, however criticised his inside defensive men publicly, essentially blaming them for his lapses. Surely that caused some arguments in the sheds.
I hope it is him, his current contract is ridiculous and unearned.

Yeah I agree stryker, I was just being facetious.

Sad or is that funny thing, wasn’t he Nofa, rumoured at one stage in the past 12 months as being 1 player that the Storm wanted in a swap with JAC?

More reports of Madge under pressure filtering through. Stern denial from the club…

Source is sporting news

I had a mate work for a newspaper and all of the star sign nonsense was taken from a paper in the usa under an agreement. It was old and out of date, but it read well.

he’s now a local government politician

I haven’t seen him for a period. Right wing of the Labor party.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Yeah I agree stryker, I was just being facetious.

Sad or is that funny thing, wasn’t he Nofa, rumoured at one stage in the past 12 months as being 1 player that the Storm wanted in a swap with JAC?
Just another example of a player who has sacrificed their career out if misplaced loyalty.

Before some of you merkins go barking off about how much some of these blokes get paid, let me tell you something I learned the hard way: No amount of money ever makes up for the shame of failing to reach your potential and the regret of missing out on your chance for glory.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
For everyone who gives Sheens a bagging I suggest they watch The Session Benji Marshall on Keyo or Fox. It's a few years old but worth listening to when he talks highly of Sheens.

Front-Rower

First Grade
For everyone who gives Sheens a bagging I suggest they watch The Session Benji Marshall on Keyo or Fox. It's a few years old but worth listening to when he talks highly of Sheens.
Meh I want to hear what Matt Jobson and Danny Galea have to say about Tim Sheens…..

Three points in the debate:

a) he’s been appointed already. No point whinging about him. Wasted breath!
b) his future contributions remain untested in the modern nrl environment
c) the club is clearly struggling and we need change.

Until such time as his decisions are implemented and then able to be assessed, I think he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

He’s not a bear on a barrel. He has a serious league mind

A lot of people ripped into Seibs very unfairly.
He was told everything was his fault at Brisbane. He’s duly sacked and poor Kevvie makes a negative impact at Red Hill. The whispers are that the Broncs are still in the coaching market!

So I welcome the prodigal son and hope he has a major role in the Tigers ASAP.

To complain about the current state of the club and oppose his appointment appears incongruent without any evidence that the modern Tim can’t help us turn things about.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Three points in the debate:

a) he’s been appointed already. No point whinging about him. Wasted breath!
b) his future contributions remain untested in the modern nrl environment
c) the club is clearly struggling and we need change.

Until such time as his decisions are implemented and then able to be assessed, I think he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

He’s not a bear on a barrel. He has a serious league mind

A lot of people ripped into Seibs very unfairly.
He was told everything was his fault at Brisbane. He’s duly sacked and poor Kevvie makes a negative impact at Red Hill. The whispers are that the Broncs are still in the coaching market!

So I welcome the prodigal son and hope he has a major role in the Tigers ASAP.

To complain about the current state of the club and oppose his appointment appears incongruent without any evidence that the modern Tim can’t help us turn things about.
He started this rot.
If he can fix it then happy to support him.….but he ain’t no f**king white knight.

simmo1

First Grade
There are none really but those who come close include Doueihi, Laurie, Stephano and Nofoaluma.
Doueihi and Laurie have been our most consistent, however they seem committed currently.
Stephano is too new to be fighting behind the scenes.

Nofo, however criticised his inside defensive men publicly, essentially blaming them for his lapses. Surely that caused some arguments in the sheds.
I hope it is him, his current contract is ridiculous and unearned.

The other option is Luciano. Although I'd disagree he has been a consistent performer he seems highly rated by neutrals. His form has gone off a cliff this season which seems to coincide with his brother given the arse. Wouldn't surprise if he's looking elsewhere.

Tigerm

First Grade
The other option is Luciano. Although I'd disagree he has been a consistent performer he seems highly rated by neutrals. His form has gone off a cliff this season which seems to coincide with his brother given the arse. Wouldn't surprise if he's looking elsewhere.
Yeah, he could be kicking stones over his brothers issues with the club?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Must be a seniors thing but I don't remember him at all. Danny Galea (such a good player for us) yes Matt Jobson no. I will have to 2005 finals series to refresh my memory.
He didn’t play in the finals. He played a handful of games throughout the season. Quite an enthusiastic smallish second rower.