What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

Tigerm

First Grade
I feel like I knew most of that, but not the whole story.
I didn’t know that Sheens took the fall for the Blair fiasco and did not orchestrate it.
I did know that both Potter and Taylor were the fall men for us losing Marshal and Farah and not the orchestrators.
When added to the green lit Cleary spending spree, a problem becomes very evident…the financial controllers within the club administration are useless, treacherous merkins who should not be in their positions.
It is a good investigative piece and part 2 should be just as interesting.
It all seems a touch one sided to me (ex club members having a vent)?
I'd be interested to get the clubs version of events on Benji's claims?
Taylor was fully instrumental in getting rid of Farah, you don't drop an incumbent SOO player to reserve grade, when he comes back from playing in SOO, IMO.
Interesting the take on the Blair case, surely Sheens knows how the salary cap works?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Looks good

Shredder

Juniors
Madge says its Chee Cams last game today. He also mentions Mbye, Russell Packer and Walters as leaving.

So I guess the club has taken up the option on James Roberts?

Did Luciano and Tom Amone extend that I missed?

If we are keeping Roberts and Amone, we have three roster spots to fill.

Tigerm

First Grade
Madge says its Chee Cams last game today. He also mentions Mbye, Russell Packer and Walters as leaving.

So I guess the club has taken up the option on James Roberts?

Did Luciano and Tom Amone extend that I missed?

If we are keeping Roberts and Amone, we have three roster spots to fill.
I would have kept MCK for his utility value (he wouldn't cost much), unless they already have blokes coming?

Shredder

Juniors
Yeah my thinking is the same TM.

We must have guys coming.

The press is linking us to everyone because we have cap space, not for any other reason.

Maybe the Adam Elliot and or Bateman rumors are true.

Madge said earlier in the year hes looking for a prop and an outside back.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah my thinking is the same TM.

We must have guys coming.

The press is linking us to everyone because we have cap space, not for any other reason.

Maybe the Adam Elliot and or Bateman rumors are true.

Madge said earlier in the year hes looking for a prop and an outside back.
Yeah, I remember him saying that? Are Elliot and Bateman props though? That's why I thought the Thompson (dogs) story had some legs? But I think Bateman would be a goodun?

I don't read a lot of other clubs stories, but we do seem to get linked to everyone don't we?

What are you banging on about?
What did Blair say?
I was just highlighting the tenuous nature of the connections that journalists seem to deploy to make a point.

There’s no constructive point in the dog going back to eat it’s own vomit, we know we’ve made bad decisions.

So let’s address the current challenges such as:

1. Whether or not the current Board are competent to govern an NRL club based on performance and treatment of Members.

2. The immediate future of Madge Maguire and his tenure. If he remains, Whether or not he needs help and what is his plan. What has he learnt this year? What will he do differently? His errors have been manifold.

3. Why the majority of players are not growing or developing, why they are not on the upwards diagonal moving to optimum within their capabilities.

4. Why players are tuning out, not trying, making so many errors, lack composure and resilience.

5. Roster and recruitment.

6. Catastrophic failure in preparation.

7. The combined lack of talent of the wt officials at many levels.

8. Other issues.

We can be sure and certain that underlings are easy prey and going to be axed and scapegoated, but will it be enough?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
I was just highlighting the tenuous nature of the connections that journalists seem to deploy to make a point.

There’s no constructive point in the dog going back to eat it’s own vomit, we know we’ve made bad decisions.

So let’s address the current challenges such as:

1. Whether or not the current Board are competent to govern an NRL club based on performance and treatment of Members.

2. The immediate future of Madge Maguire and his tenure. If he remains, Whether or not he needs help and what is his plan. What has he learnt this year? What will he do differently? His errors have been manifold.

3. Why the majority of players are not growing or developing, why they are not on the upwards diagonal moving to optimum within their capabilities.

4. Why players are tuning out, not trying, making so many errors, lack composure and resilience.

5. Roster and recruitment.

6. Catastrophic failure in preparation.

7. The combined lack of talent of the wt officials at many levels.

8. Other issues.

We can be sure and certain that underlings are easy prey and going to be axed and scapegoated, but will it be enough?
1. Whether you like it or not, the club itself is going fantastically well, except for the NRL side, but that will change.
2. Lee has already said Madge's job is safe, but who can tell, but who do you put in that will see the plan completed, I think it too much for an inexperienced coach to handle?
3. Some players are, some aren't, I think it is a mental thing with them, even Teddy had a coach whisperer?
4. Probably a bit of the above or they were not the players that we thought we signed? The player market is pretty thin atm.
5. We are not an attractive club for most elite players, we haven't been in the top 8 for a decade, top players don't want to come here, the youth development strategy has merit, but time is required imo?
6. ?
7. ? Refer to point 1, if we had just won 2 of those 4 or 5 winnable games, we would be having this conversation?
8. ?

Also, I think we had those 2 clusters of games (one at the start and one after 1st SOO) where we were on a hiding to nothing and probably shook a lot of confidence out of the younger players?

We got this, next year🤣

WA Tiger

Bench
If looks could kill from Benji….

What stood out for me was the comment from Lee (which we already knew)that McGuire was resigned only because of the importance of displaying continuity with the couch for recruitment purposes!!! (God that just makes my skin crawl) and then when asked the hard question if McGuires under pressure he comes back with the easy option of “well we are all under pressure” in other words McGuires staying coz Ive got no fkn idea of what to do now… … the fact is throughout the diabolical results they have been under pressure to keep McGuire so they dont look bad for the original decision to keep him…It’s just a shit storm that has to stop now!

The other stuff about Madge just confirms my suspicions including the spoon being way more likely next year

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
If looks could kill from Benji….

What stood out for me was the comment from Lee (which we already knew)that McGuire was resigned only because of the importance of displaying continuity with the couch for recruitment purposes!!! (God that just makes my skin crawl) and then when asked the hard question if McGuires under pressure he comes back with the easy option of “well we are all under pressure” in other words McGuires staying coz Ive got no fkn idea of what to do now… … the fact is throughout the diabolical results they have been under pressure to keep McGuire so they dont look bad for the original decision to keep him…It’s just a shit storm that has to stop now!

The other stuff about Madge just confirms my suspicions including the spoon being way more likely next year

Didn't you say that last year about this year?:D

1. Whether you like it or not, the club itself is going fantastically well, except for the NRL side, but that will change.
2. Lee has already said Madge's job is safe, but who can tell, but who do you put in that will see the plan completed, I think it too much for an inexperienced coach to handle?
3. Some players are, some aren't, I think it is a mental thing with them, even Teddy had a coach whisperer?
4. Probably a bit of the above or they were not the players that we thought we signed? The player market is pretty thin atm.
5. We are not an attractive club for most elite players, we haven't been in the top 8 for a decade, top players don't want to come here, the youth development strategy has merit, but time is required imo?
6. ?
7. ? Refer to point 1, if we had just won 2 of those 4 or 5 winnable games, we would be having this conversation?
8. ?

Also, I think we had those 2 clusters of games (one at the start and one after 1st SOO) where we were on a hiding to nothing and probably shook a lot of confidence out of the younger players?

We got this, next year🤣

I’m not got going to waste your time buddy @Tigerm but I stand by my critique and we’ve lost almost twice as many games as we’ve won.

This is due to 85% of our players stagnating and backpedaling under current systems. They should be improving.

That said, I’m not for any kind of stupid knee jerk mass point making clean-out. I’m ok to tweak, junior but also marquee.

But we just can’t have Madge left unattended in charge of coaching this pre season and next year.

As you know, if he stays, I want him and the entire squad under Sheens fascist control as a bare minimum.

When we’d jagged a few games, Madge came out with all this bullshit about progress and development. Then it collapsed. He built these expectations, he wasn’t cautious or realistic. He learned from it, true, but it’s his job to ensure we step up.

In my view, Hartigan is less culpable than Madge. He walked into a living hell for a recruiter and he’s saved the silverware.
Steff, Doogie and Laurie etc have been fantastic with massive futures despite sub-standard coaching from all of the coaching staff.

We should make generous offers to storm assistant coaches etc and fly them up as a thought.

Great players are still in the market and more will present themselves first half next year for immediate engagement. So I’m not too worried about Marquee. We have more pressing problems on the home front.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
It all seems a touch one sided to me (ex club members having a vent)?
I'd be interested to get the clubs version of events on Benji's claims?
Taylor was fully instrumental in getting rid of Farah, you don't drop an incumbent SOO player to reserve grade, when he comes back from playing in SOO, IMO.
Interesting the take on the Blair case, surely Sheens knows how the salary cap works?
Ok so all these people are lying and the club are Saints.
Well done.

WA Tiger

Bench
If WT was the Kabul airport I think he’d still back our prospects of top 8 and prob blame it on the Afghans

Last edited:

Latest posts