What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Tigers articles from the media

WA Tiger

Bench
Ok you were right Silver Madge did keep his job and I was wrong. Well for the most part I was wrong although I was open to anything after learning from the podcast where the club is really at ..Chammas is not our problem Trust me..his questions were fine …The article just confirms that WT are really not in safe hands !!!

The things that stood out for me from Lee and left me baffled were…1/. I don’t know enough to criticise Madge Ive never criticised Madge..True both times…2/ I can’t see how what we do should impact what they do on the field The two are separate …..3/ I’m not sure who reports to who with sheens snd Madge .. we will work more as a team anyway although sheens will obviously have a very senior position OMG.. 4/ We see WT as a destination club! yea right BUT FOR WHO !!! 5/ We don’t believe there’s any substance in the narrative that good players don’t come to WT because Madge is here
There is a lot of incompetence from Lee in this interview and for me it just yells out. “ We really have no clue what we are doing” I’m definitely thinking spoon next year. It’s hard to get excited about or expect anything next year .. The likelihood is that the level of disappointment felt this year will be dwarfed next year.

A couple of good players added here or there won’t change the core problems with the team coach admin or the general confusion about who’s doing what from the ground up

Last edited:
On SEN yesterday arvo Jimmy Smith said that the story behind the board meeting that was supposed to occur was actually a planted lie to see who is leaking info out to the media.
If this is true, then all the attacks that are happening now are because these "journos" were duped.
I've seen it this year with the Sharks when Morris was let go, because the Club didnt let in anyone to the secret they went on full attack mode.
If the Tigers management really has pulled a swifty on them, then expect their firey garbage to follow. Take no heed, your club has done well to make these idiots look more foolish than ever. Every other club should be applauding your management. I am.

Ok you were right Silver Madge did keep his job and I was wrong. Well for the most part I was wrong although I was open to anything after learning from the podcast where the club is really at ..Chammas is not our problem Trust me..his questions were fine …The article just confirms that WT are really not in safe hands !!!

The things that stood out for me from Lee and left me baffled were…1/. I don’t know enough to criticise Madge Ive never criticised Madge..True both times…2/ I can’t see how what we do should impact what they do on the field The two are separate …..3/ I’m not sure who reports to who with sheens snd Madge .. we will work more as a team anyway although sheens will obviously have a very senior position OMG.. 4/ We see WT as a destination club! yea right BUT FOR WHO !!! 5/ We don’t believe there’s any substance in the narrative that good players don’t come to WT because Madge is here
There is a lot of incompetence from Lee in this interview and for me it just yells out. “ We really have no clue what we are doing” I’m definitely thinking spoon next year. It’s hard to get excited about or expect anything next year .. The likelihood is that the level of disappointment felt this year will be dwarfed next year.

A couple of good players added here or there won’t change the core problems with the team coach admin or the general confusion about who’s doing what from the ground up
It doesn’t matter which one of us is right or wrong wa buddy, that’s a bit like accusing someone of cheating in cards on the titanic!
We’ve all got an eye on each other and the lifeboats! That’s part of the “fun” of supporting our illustrious club!!

I will try to trawl through the rest of it.

Chammas should have persisted in getting answers to his questions when they were not being answered. That’s my beef. Our most junior LU ezine intern would have nailed him.

I read and assess stuff for a business as a living, the interview and Lee’s response lacks substance. If we got that at work, I’d be telling the boss not to deal with Lee on paper and bring him in for an interview.

I think we can all take some comfort from the fact that Lee’s deflection and penchant for form over substance empowers ourselves.

For example

We told Lee here on this very forum in Round 3 or something that Madge needed proper assistance and to make changes.

A whole season later, after a review, he arrived at exactly the same conclusion. We told him that early and we told him that for free and without ensuing controversy with much less damage and humiliation for Madge, him and the club. And he calls himself a leader?

And what’s more, in a rare display of unity, we were all unanimous. Nobody here, suggested that the looming iceberg -season 2021 -was a mirage.

You, me and all our colleagues here, we had a better understanding of the club and more insight that Lee. That’s a problem when Lee is claiming he’s fit for leadership.

He needs to do a lot of work WA.

Please like @Ron's_Mate post if you have the time. Very good of him.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
There are no answers at least not worth considering. That is the point and that is what Chammas has highlighted..It’s like raising your voice demanding answers from the captain of the Titanic just before it sinks ..There is no point …esp if the captain thinks he has done no wrong…

Another thing I read this morning was “We spoke to Madge as part of the process and he was impressive” yes he was at the meeting always at the meeting and that’s enough for them…Trust me the media is the least of our problems…we are now the laughing stock of the NRL ..

There are no answers at least not worth considering. That is the point and that is what Chammas has highlighted..It’s like raising your voice demanding answers from the captain of the Titanic just before it sinks ..There is no point …esp if the captain thinks he has done no wrong…

Another thing I read this morning was “We spoke to Madge as part of the process and he was impressive” yes he was at the meeting always at the meeting and that’s enough for them…Trust me the media is the least of our problems…we are now the laughing stock of the NRL ..
Yes, the interview revealed just how bad things are. The exact opposite of what Lee intended.

WA Tiger

Bench
No player will come to WT if they Know; the team will lose, No one at the club cares if they lose, they will learn nothing and they will be laughed at UNLESS they are paid a lot which isn’t going to happen or they are desperate which is likely to happen

Das Hassler

Bench
It doesn’t matter which one of us is right or wrong wa buddy, that’s a bit like accusing someone of cheating in cards on the titanic!
We’ve all got an eye on each other and the lifeboats!

I will try to trawl through the rest of it.

Chammas should have persisted in getting answers to his questions when they were not being answered. That’s my beef.

I read and assess stuff for a business as a living, the interview and Lee’s response lacks substance. If we got that at work, I’d be telling the boss not to deal with Lee on paper and bring him in for an interview.

Here's the thing though...what thoroughness does WT owe Chammas or any other journo? ...they're not our Union reps....what have they ever done apart from gleefully fan the flames of every fire they shake their heads at but depend on to make a living. Do grinning Ivan and mumbling Uncle Benny ever give them full and truthfull answers about anything when there's drama with their mob..NO! because they know that all they want is more shit for the blender ..a civily conducted ..nothing off limits members Q&A is all that is due

No player will come to WT if there Know; the team will lose, No one at the club cares if they lose losing they will learn nothing and they will be laughed at unless they are paid a lot which isn’t going to happen or they are desperate which is likely to happen
Lee didn’t address the contrary proposition with any actual evidence. He just said we were wonderful and players and managers love us. Totally unsupported statement.

I agree that the transmission of info is good, but it raises serious doubts about competency at our highest levels and I agree with @Das Hassler as to whether or not we should have expected anything other than a whitewash. I’d hoped so, but on the facts, Das argument is much stronger than my position. That’s ok.

Last edited:
It's certainly not the end, BUT is it a new beginning?

In the statement released on Tuesday Pascoe said: “We are firmly committed to building a high performing club. With our strong financial position, increased investment and recent success of our pathways teams, the new centre of excellence and continued work on a South West academy, the arrival of Tim Sheens and his experience in NRL systems, this club is posed to reap the rewards of several years of hard work.”
I hope so, I really do.

But we say this every year lol.

But atm if we do progress, it seems to me that it will be despite our leadership and not because of it!

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope so, I really do.

But we say this every year lol.

But atm if we do progress, it seems to me that it will be despite our leadership and not because of it!
I just found the entire article and have edited my post.

But look, the decision has been made, for those who didn't expect it or like the decision, you need to move on and don't let it get you down too much?

At the end of the day, it's only a game of footy, which I hope we can become a competitive team in?

Winning changes every thing.

I just found the entire article and have edited my post.

But look, the decision has been made, for those who didn't expect it or like the decision, you need to move on and don't let it get you down too much?

At the end of the day, it's only a game of footy, which I hope we can become a competitive team in?

Winning changes every thing.
I’m not opposed to the decision at all. I just don’t like how they got there.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
What was, and is, one of the biggest issues about keeping Madge was his ability to sign quality players. I haven't seen or heard anything about how this will change from Lee or Pascoe or any Wests Tigers press release.
It seems to me they are saying the only problem was Madge needed to improve his communication with head office, he said he will do that so all under control, nothing else to do.
Nice to know I can chill out, sit back and read in the papers about the huge strides we are making to our roster.
All I have to do is remember that we have been told to be patient and to keep in mind our recruitment officer works on the strategy of no need to rush in to things.

Whats SEN Bubby ? Seven evening news i presume? I would like to try find the story

SEN is a podcast, look it up and search for Jimmy Smith articles?

This is another pod cast?

Yeah its actually a radio station, 1170 on the AM band. Jimmy's show is on now. I think it goes from 1pm to 3 or 4.
If they do have the pod up of yesterdays then have a listen.
Cheers

WT Unity

Juniors
"What was, and is, one of the biggest issues about keeping Madge was his ability to sign quality players. I haven't seen or heard anything about how this will change from Lee or Pascoe or any Wests Tigers press release."

Agree with you here Ned in regard to the ability to recruit players and also that neither the CEO or Chairman said anything about it, however, I think (and maybe with fingers crossed here) that the expectation is that Sheens will be a fairly big part of the solution here. Does he still carry that type of weight with current players? Who knows but I think we're about to find out one way or another. What has been promising is to hear the likes of Fittler, Sterling, Gould, Daley amongst others speak highly of him and praise him and I think their opinion carries weight with current players. So we can only hope.

Sh1t - Even the hacks from the telecrap are talking Sheens up!

Ned Kelly

Juniors
"What was, and is, one of the biggest issues about keeping Madge was his ability to sign quality players. I haven't seen or heard anything about how this will change from Lee or Pascoe or any Wests Tigers press release."

Agree with you here Ned in regard to the ability to recruit players and also that neither the CEO or Chairman said anything about it, however, I think (and maybe with fingers crossed here) that the expectation is that Sheens will be a fairly big part of the solution here. Does he still carry that type of weight with current players? Who knows but I think we're about to find out one way or another. What has been promising is to hear the likes of Fittler, Sterling, Gould, Daley amongst others speak highly of him and praise him and I think their opinion carries weight with current players. So we can only hope.

Sh1t - Even the hacks from the telecrap are talking Sheens up!
I am a big fan of Sheens but seeing he is not the coach I don't think that will have an impact on our roster next year.
My hope is the board and management not only listen to what he has to say but do what he recommends. He has far more football knowledge and expertise than any of them.
Noddy jokingly says we have a 15 year plan. Hope it doesn't turn out to be true.

Latest posts