What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random WWE (Suggestions thread)

Misanthrope

Staff member
In the spirit of the Random Wrestler Rumble, I've borrowed/stolen this idea from another wrestling board I'm on. I think it's a fun compromise between a regular wrestling diary and the audience participation that seems to have engaged people so much with Random Wrestler Rumble.

How it Works
This is to simulate the ever-changing landscape of the WWE.

You will start with a list of 100 random booking situations.

These situations will be varied, here are a few examples: "Jake Roberts must appear on your next show" to "The WWE title must be defended twice" to "A worker must debut a new manager who has previously held a WWE championship."

Each in game week, three situations would be selected by random.org. These three situations would be placed into a public poll to decide which would be used.

The one with the most votes wins, the one with the least is eliminated, and the one with the second goes back into the list.
Where do you come in?

Well, aside from the voting - I'll also need your help coming up with a list of 100. I've stolen the list from the other site and added some of my own, but any and all situations you can come up with are welcome.

I'll use the 2002 period, specifically the original Brand Extension. The diary will start the week after the Draft - and I will even be randomising said Draft. Yes, this could mean some pretty bloody lop-sided rosters.

The purpose of this thread - and where you lot come in - is to propose situations, like the examples brenchill mentioned above, to be assigned to cards.
I ask only one thing:

Be as weird as you like.

----------------

The Titular List​

1. A wrestler debuts a new gimmick of a time-traveler.
2. A wrestler jumps ship from one brand to the other.
3. The Intercontinental champion retains his title via use of his Evil Twin.
4. Bob Backlund turns up uninvited and starts making terribly unreasonable booking demands.
5. Two mid/lower-card wrestlers agree to culminate their feud in a Buried Alive match.
6. A top superstar (85+) goes on a losing streak and is selected to be Hurricane's newest Super Friend.
7. A Roulette-themed show takes place, with a Coal Miner's Glove Match as the main event.
8. An upper-midcarder wins the Women's title and starts a double life as both a male and a disguised female wrestler.
9. WWF: The Musical.
10. Kwee Wee turns up and claims Rico stole all his fashion tips from The Kwee Wee.
11. An nWo member wins the Undisputed title, only to lose it one show later to someone who has never been a World champion.
12. The Fingerpoke of Doom returns.
13. Billy and Chuck feud, culminating in a Dildo on a Pole match.
14. Greg Valentine returns, wins the IC title by breaking the champion's leg and eventually loses the title to Honky Tonk Man.
15. Stephanie McMahon wins the Undisputed title.
16. A wrestler becomes the new Doink.
17. A show is entirely dedicated to the ladies, with no men allowed.
18. A super-heavyweight wins the Cruiserweight title via a set of cunningly manipulated scales.
19. The Mean Street Posse become the nWo B-team.
20. Shane McMahon returns to manage a former WCW champion who was not involved in the Invasion.
21. Steve Austin versus Hulk Hogan is thrown away on free TV.
22. The European champion loses the title and shows up on the other brand with an entirely new name/gimmick/disposition.
23. A woman will end the show as the reigning Hardcore champion.
24. The most over developmental wrestler debuts and defeats a main eventer.
25. The competitors in last week's second singles match form a tag team.
26. A wrestler who arrived during the Invasion loses cleanly to an 80s WWF wrestler.
27. The Ultimate Warrior returns and is dominated by a lowly wrestler.
28. It's World Cup time! You must book a World Cup themed tournament featuring no less than four nations.
29. Ernest 'The Cat' Miller debuts with his Momma (who receives the romantic attention of another wrestler).
30. GTV's culprit is finally revealed.
31. The most and least over wrestlers on a show form a genuine and mutually beneficial friendship.
32. All the brand's titles changes hands on a single night.
33. A wrestler introduces a new/original pet or animal as part of their gimmick.
34. A random high profile free agent debuts
35. The main event is title versus title with a clear winner.
36. A developmental wrestler debuts with a Magician gimmick, making a secondary title 'disappear' to retire it for good.
37. The highest-rated upper midcarder debuts the Spinning Toehold as a brutal, hospitalising finisher.
38. Two rivals settle their differences in an out of the ring contest of some kind.
39. Four words: Women's. Tag. Team. Championship.
40. A tag team gets a makeover as 1970s TV detectives.
41. The three most over Free Agents are hired and debut as a new group.
42. The oldest worker declares they will retire if they lose another match...and yes, it will happen.
43. The Cruiserweight title is revamped to an 'X-Division' style division, defined by match quality rather than weight.
44. A male and female worker embark on a REALISTIC relationship...
45. An old stable is resurrected (roll a die): 1. The Ministry, 2. The Corporation, 3. Four Horsemen, 4. Dungeon of Doom, 5. DX, 6. The Nation.
46. Kamala returns to lead a new stable.
47. A show is dedicated to a new movie starring a WWF superstar.
48. The commentary team are forced into a match with a champion/champions to defend their jobs.
49. A superstar causes havoc in the production truck.
50. Animal will for a new Legion of Doom...partnered by a woman.
51. There is a Hell In A Cell match on the show, with a clean finish.
52. A "fan" will jump the barrier and attack a superstar, earning a contract.
53. Father vs Son: Mark Henry vs The Hand
54. BBQ Sauce on a Pole Match
55. The next PPV must hold a Celebrity Battle Royale
56. Ultra American Dudes v Anti American Dudes Survivor Series/War Games match
57. A set of triplets debuts
58. A month of weddings
59. Fatal Four Way for a Woman's Hand in Marriage
60. A WWE/WCW Legend's bastard debuts
61. Your next PPV must feature one of the following match types: 1). World War 3 2). War Games 3). Triple Cage 4). Money in the Bank 5). Clockwork Orange House of Horrors 6). Elimination Chamber

Your turn!

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
So, we vote for a number? Mine is for 28. World Cup.

Nope. Like PWA, you suggest story ideas or booking decisions that I'd have to abide by. You can suggest as many as you like. They can be specific (like PWA's) or general (like 'hire a new worker and debut them in a loss to a female worker).

Wrestlemania celebrities (not in sports) battle royal: Mr T, Joan Rivers, Liberace, Ozzy Osbourne, Regis Philbin, Cindi Lauper, Donald Trump, Alice Cooper, Run DMC, Burt Reynolds, Willie Nelson, Salt N Pepa, Pamela Anderson, Jenny McCarthy, Jenny Garth, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Boyz II Men, Motorhead, Raven Symone, Mickey Rourke, Freddie Prinze Jr, Pee Wee Herman, Limp Bizkit, Snoop Dogg, Kid Rock, P Diddy, Kim Kardashian & Snooki

Ultra American dudes vs People who had gimmicks hating on america Survivor Series match.

Lex Luger/Hacksaw Jim Duggan/Hulk Hogan/The Patriot/Kurt Angle/Sgt Slaughter vs Muhummad Hassan/Lance Storm/Test/Christian/William Regal/The Iron Shiek

Fatal 4 way for litas hand in marriage. Matt Hardy vs Edge, vs Kane vs Essa Rios

What about CM Punk? Just throwing it out there, don't confirm it.

One for the list: debuton of a guy who is the bastard son of a WWE legend from the past (the legend has no idea the kid exists or is theirs, but the kid knows).

Misanthrope

Staff member
Love that last one, Marshal. Dig yours too PWA, but may make them less worker specific.

Four wrestlers:

1. Ultimo Dragon
2. American Dragon
3. Little Dragon
4. Super Dragon

1. Must win a midcard title on debut
2. One must take on the gimmick of a postal worker and do something silly at the Royal Rumble.
3. One must main event a secondary PPV against a "legend" in a career v career match.
4. One starts an obsession another wrestler...Sting.