What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rankings end of 2019

siv

First Grade
Can anyone answer some basic questions

How many years are used to determine ranking ?

Importance of the last result versus a team. Compared to a result between the two teams a few years prior

Do England Knights / Australia A results count ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done NZ. Deserved just on the amount of games they have been willing to play compared to Australia.

adamkungl

Immortal
Can anyone answer some basic questions

How many years are used to determine ranking ?

Importance of the last result versus a team. Compared to a result between the two teams a few years prior

Do England Knights / Australia A results count ?

5 years
The system must be heavily weighted towards recent results though, for NZ to overtake

A-teams dont count

jim_57

Staff member
It means f**k all but good to see, if Australia want to whinge about it play more games, pretty simple.

adamkungl

Immortal
I spent... far longer than I'd like to admit... in excel, trying to come up with a formula that roughly fits the published rankings.

I could not for the life of me get one to work. Any formula that had NZ over Aus, also resulted in Tonga over England and in some cases #1.
I eventually landed on one but it feels pretty contrived

Id love to see the real formula

Burns

First Grade
I spent... far longer than I'd like to admit... in excel, trying to come up with a formula that roughly fits the published rankings.

I could not for the life of me get one to work. Any formula that had NZ over Aus, also resulted in Tonga over England and in some cases #1.
I eventually landed on one but it feels pretty contrived

Id love to see the real formula
I think it’s been done to provoke Australia. Very for it.

siv

First Grade
Few points from the Chasing Kangaroos podcast

Only 3 years count most recent years worth more

Global comps worth more than regionals

PARRA_FAN

Coach
People in the media are blowing up about this but really I'm not too surprised about the rankings considering they've played more games than us and only lost 1 test.

I dont see it as a big issue what other people are making it, have a look at other sports, I mean years ago South Africa were ranked number 1 in test cricket even after we dominated them 3-0

This ranking should send a message to the ARL to get the sh*t together.