What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rate the clubs in terms of intimidation

Mambo

Juniors
Who do you reckon is the most intimidating team nowadays?I was thinking about the Broncos of the mid-late 1990's and it got me thinking...they were feared by everyone. So what happened? And who is the new feared team?

1-Roosters (I think they are the new benchmark. They go a long way off the reputation of 2002)
2-Bulldogs (they are bloody scary proposition for most teams)
3-Melbourne Storm (a bolter, but the olympic park hoodoo scares teams to no end)
4-St.George Illawarra (when they turn it on with their good young forwards and lightning fast backs....say goodnight....your team is gonna get smacked.
5-Broncos (they slip to 5, even this year i thought souths could beat them...and we almost did)
6-NZ (you tangle with their forwards and see how well you do)
7-Penrith (medium fear factor....nothing more)
8-North Qld (8th and rising....depending on what they manage in this years semis)
9-Newcastle (they used to be so much higher)
10-Canberra (they ain't got no Mal Meninga these days)
11-Sharks (Ando really stuffed this club up, and they aren't very scary)
12-Parramatta (they have turned a hardened semi final unit into a bunch of premier league pansies)
13-Wests Tigers (i actually look forward to playing Wests most of the time)
14-South Sydney (I kept my team off the bottom because I think teams know we could have a good day i.e. penrith 2004 storm 2003
15-Manly (their team list is getting better but they hold no fear to anyone)

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
roosters are the most itimidating closely followed by bulldogs and broncos then when storm play at home they are intimidating.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Id have to agree with most of them. Newcastle should be down abit though Parsons if very intimidating. Raiders should be up with Davico and Wiki

Phillips

Referee
parramatta are the most intimidating by far

i mean, we do have Michael Vella & Corey Pearson :lol: :lol: :lol:

:x

Stranger

Coach

i mean, we do have Michael Vella & Corey Pearson
funny

Getting intimidatied and knowing the other team has more skill so you probably cant win is two different things
I reckon NQ would be most intimidating i mean what would you do if you saw Tronc and rahihi running at you. Teams seem to get scare by them.

Roosters are the 2nd most favoured team because of skill not because they intimidate other teams. Cayless and Morley arnt the greatest props. There size isnt even that great. Morley is feared because he will pull your head off :lol: .

macavity

Referee
Phillips said:

i mean, we do have Michael Vella & Corey Pearson :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap:

Pearson - biggest 1/2 back in the comp....

Vella - biggest tranny......

Anonymous

Juniors
Every time Morley had a run last Sunday he got hammered.....he is an excellent and fully committed player but a bit on the skinny side and not particularly frightening, except for his propensity for high shots......

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
EXACTLY THEIRRY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lots more intimidating than Morley at the minute.
OMealy
Mason
Raihihi
Ryles
Chan
Costigan
Pritchard
Crocker
Leuluai
Skandalis

Bengal

Juniors
No team is intimidating these days - the Bulldogs and the Broncos of the eighties and nineties were, certainly the Bulldogs anyway.

The Roosters the new benchmark - yeah right #-o

Jimbo

Immortal
swing_low said:
15-Manly (their team list is getting better but they hold no fear to anyone)
Try telling that to kylie leuluai, jason king and anthony watmough

I find it difficult to get intimidated by anyone named Kylie...

Warriors are the most intimidating team regardless of how they are performing..

Ask any player if they like going to NZ to play the warriors. Most players would say no and after playing the warriors they always pull up worse over playing any other team. They are the most physical team in the comp. They have a whole team of hard hitters, and they are the only team that isnt afraid to go the biff.. I would say they are pretty intimidating.

bluesbreaker

Bench
And there lies the reason that the Warriors are my second team. They lose the plot toward the last 20 minutes of every game and just start smashing people, good to watch :)

Latest posts