What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravalawa

nrlnrl

First Grade
three open spots in the roster and immediate needs are Prop/Centre/Utility

The most likely targets we are after here are Saifiti/Talagi/one of Marshcke Brown or even Volkman or Schuster who have been doing off field stuff with Kyle Stanley.

We have three other spots in the roster i think we could try to free up - Ravalawa/Fifita and Lawrie but the replacements would need to make us stronger.

Latu/Stewart/Egan/Tonga and Corey Allan are all joining the top 30 next year along side Cook. Latu was confirmed directly to me by club management.
Also Halangahu into top 30 from 2025.

FlickFlano

Juniors
Also Halangahu into top 30 from 2025.

I thought the same thing based of media quotes and the like. I was curious about both him and Finau Latu and their top30 status for next year so i asked senior club management directly.

Their response Latu Top 30 in 2025 and Halangahu held back until 2026.

Obviously given the abilities of senior management at the club this could be wrong.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I thought the same thing based of media quotes and the like. I was curious about both him and Finau Latu and their top30 status for next year so i asked senior club management directly.

Their response Latu Top 30 in 2025 and Halangahu held back until 2026.

Obviously given the abilities of senior management at the club this could be wrong.
That was my understanding also is that Halangahu is "in the extended NRL squad" ie Supp player 2025

Halangahu only moving down to Wollongong after school and hasnt done a full pre season yet with the NRL

Tonga and Latu have done a full pre season with the NRL Squad this last one 23/24 and ready for their second come Nov 2024

I didnt realise that Halangahu and Latu are actually child hood best friends despite that year or so age gap.

Smart recruiting.

TheRev

First Grade
Why can't they move Cake on instead???
Its going to be very difficult to move Cake on.. for arguments sake lets say hes on 500k.. who is picking him up in the NRL? Even the UK im not sure they'd take him.. and if they did its 200k at best. Plus we have to replace him with someone, so we are probably looking at 450k out of pocket to offload him for 2025 and again 450k in 2026.

That said.. Flanno might decide that its worth it to free up that Top30 spot.. but im starting to think we might be stuck with Cake for next season atleast in reserve grade.. until another club have a change of heart or Cake wants to retire or is open to UK etc.

Ravalawa and Fifita however are 2 guys I think we can get pretty much all our money back from.

FlickFlano

Juniors
I doubt any NRL team would take Cake now .. he is that vanilla it isnt funny. Fifita sure on a low end top 30 deal he would get a gig and Rava would easily get money in the UK.

Latest posts