What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 judiciary

vlad

juniors
no mention of the lifting tackle by nathan cayless ... I've seen much less end up at the judiciary ...

must have slipped under the radar with all the other higher profile incidents from the weekend

Inferno

Coach
Ross charged with striking?

What a joke.

Anyone know if there are grades of striking, or how does that work?

Vicious

Bench
Ross should get 2-3 games max, White should get off with a warning, Hunt and Graham should get off with a warning and Josh Perry wouldn`t have knocked the top off a custard tart, he certainly shouldn`t get anything for that. The game is becoming far too soft !

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
El Diablo said:
White's was the worst of the lot. absolute joke he gets hit with a feather
Nice to read a non biassed post.....

El Diablo said:
that wasn't a lift

Witt (?) dived himself. have a look and you can see him do it.
Ohh and another one :crazy:

:sch:

blain

Juniors
i wish i could dive like that with 2 guys holding me.

shouldnt of been punished though, nothing dangerous in it, just a bit dodge.

Mr Saab

Referee
Broncos better fight this. Bring in the the Ryles/Ryan incident of 2007 when the dogs fought the charge cause Ryles was falling into the tackle

Knight76

Juniors
Vicious said:
Ross should get 2-3 games max, White should get off with a warning, Hunt and Graham should get off with a warning and Josh Perry wouldn`t have knocked the top off a custard tart, he certainly shouldn`t get anything for that. The game is becoming far too soft !

This is something lacking at the judiciary in my opinion. It matters if the player was injured or not, it matters who the player that did the hit was, it matters who the player that copped the hit was.

WHY? If a player comes in with elbow cocked late, wether he strikes the player flush or just knocks him over, that tackle is against the rules and should be punished severely. If that was darren lockyer and his jaw was smashed by the exact same tackle, ross would be out for months. I can understand the odd high shot that sneaks up fine, but this sort of thing is deliberate and should be stamped out completely.

Any player who does something like this, that is obviously deliberate should be refered straight to the judiciary and sitting on the sidelines for 10 weeks minimum. Let the soft one and two week suspensions be for the reckless, accidental etc.

Same as Josh perry, a head butt is a head butt, wether he did it full on or not he still did it, send a message to the NRL through the judiciary that this sort of thing will not be tolerated. Sit him on the sidelines for 10 weeks. See if he does it again. I am surprised he wasnt sent off, how many head butts get just a "put on report". Atleast bin him.

End rant.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
El Diablo said:
White's was the worst of the lot. absolute joke he gets hit with a feather

I agree totally now i know im biased as a souths supporter but why does Fa'alogo get 7 weeks and White gets 3?? Serious question

Danish

Referee
Seems odd that they would grade Hunt's tackle to be less severe than Hodgson's, considering Hodgson lost both his legs, and was almost on his back already by the time Graham got him.

To me they deserved the same grading, with perhaps Graham's looked at as the lesser of the 2 incidents.

aids

Bench
with Graham's tackle, i felt he intentionally lifted the point of his elbow to make contact with the player falling, to clip him at the very least.
should've been graded as a higher offense than cuties, who i feel shouldn't have a case to answer.

skeepe

Immortal
IMO, the punishments should have been

Cayless 1 week
Perry 6 weeks
Hunt 0 weeks
Graham 3 weeks
Ross 5 weeks
White 10 weeks

BWNB

First Grade
skeepe said:
IMO, the punishments should have been

Cayless 1 week
Perry 6 weeks
Hunt 0 weeks
Graham 3 weeks
Ross 5 weeks
White 10 weeks

agreed , Ross should be 7 and Perry 5

Hanscholo

Bench
What exactly could Anasta say to make that tackle any better than it was? It was an accident, and a pretty obvious one. It was also a terrible hit, he should really go for 4 weeks imo, being that reckless is bad.

Latest posts