What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 25

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So if they stick to that then the games that will be MNF game
Cowboys V Bulldogs
Panthers V Warriors
Rabbits V Roosters
Manly v Dragons

Won't be the first two - they're potential 4 v 5 teams.

The Colonel

Immortal
It would probably be easier for the NRL to scrap Monday Night Football for the last round of the season so as top give any potential semi final opponents the best chance of prteparing for the games.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well, yes, but the NRL shouldn't be letting television dictate the games....... that has always been the big issue. They have had or will have had 24 rounds of MNF at that point - one round isn't going to be that big a loss, it goes a long way to ensuring a proper preparation for the 8 teams involved which would be better for the NRL and the teams.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Play the game as a TWILIGHT game on Fox- start the game at 5pm on Sunday night that week.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I thought that the rule was every team will get at least 2 MNF games

and looking at the numbers it's quite obvious that the plan was to make Panthers v Warriors the round 25 MNF game

Timmah

Staff member
I thought that the rule was every team will get at least 2 MNF games

and looking at the numbers it's quite obvious that the plan was to make Panthers v Warriors the round 25 MNF game

This was quashed above - 25 games, 15 teams, 2 each doesn't fit ;-)

How could they make Pen v NZ the MNF game given NZ are a large percentage chance of snaring 4th or 5th spot?

Hurriflatch

Referee
if you bothered to read you'd see I said at least 2

and look at the numbers listed both Penrith and the Warriors have played 1 MNF game everyone else has played at least 2 games

so Penrith v WArriors means both teams get 1 more MNF game meaning everyone has played 2 games or more

you idiot

Timmah

Staff member
And did you read my last line?

Warriors are quite possibly shoe-ins for 4th or 5th. They WON'T be MNF :crazy:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Timmah said:
And did you read my last line?

Warriors are quite possibly shoe-ins for 4th or 5th. They WON'T be MNF :crazy:

I never said it will be MNF
I never said I wanted to be

but the fact remains that a lot of people heard that each team will get at least 2 MNF and it just happens that the 2 teams that only have 1 game to date just happen to be playing each other in the final round

that was far too much conincidence, so it's obvious that the plan was to make Panthers v Warriors on Monday but the postion on the ladder may change it

FMD you are dumb

Latest posts