What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.4 v SydRoosters

Blade23

Juniors
Apart from being sick it made sense to rest Schneider yesterday. He would have played if needed.

Laurie approached Ivan after the FG game asking to play reserve grade on the weekend, because due to limited minutes, he needed a run.

With Schneider out it allowed the side to keep Toelau in the halves. Rather than play off the bench.
Toelau as some saw yesterday, has been playing well. His short passing game close to the line is impressive. There are a few things in his game he needs to work on. But, In my opinion the more time he gets in the halves the better he will be for it.

Once Cole is back (very soon) we literally have 4 good half options for reserve grade.

For this week at least is was an easy decision to rest Schneider.

chrisD

Coach
Why wouldn’t Cleary play?
Looked a bit ginger to some when he went off and triple M thought it looked like he had a mild hamstring issue. Club has said he’s fine but like, the club routinely lies about these sorts of things and Ivan fancies this sort of nonsense trickery.

Likely nothing in it but at the same wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he doesn’t play this week and we pretend like he will up until game day. There is after all no reason at all to play him at this stage of the season if he has even the tiniest issue.

The Teach

Juniors
Walker has been cleared and will play anyone hear anything on sorrenson knee problem
Im pretty sure Walker wasn't allowed to return due to grade one concussion, which under the new NRL rules means he won't be allowed to play for 11 days

murraymob

Coach
Im pretty sure Walker wasn't allowed to return due to grade one concussion, which under the new NRL rules means he won't be allowed to play for 11 days
The rule is not a set in stone 11 days players last year played day 10 and 11 just need the doctors clearance

And of course the roosters being the roosters have no rules...even though this will be a 6 day turnaround
A HIA isn’t a punishment.

For all the shit we give the Roosters (deserved in my opinion) they have a good track record of managing head knocks; arguably better than ours).

If the Roosters have ruled Walker can play safely I will take that at face value.

soc123_au

Staff member
A HIA isn’t a punishment.

For all the shit we give the Roosters (deserved in my opinion) they have a good track record of managing head knocks; arguably better than ours).

If the Roosters have ruled Walker can play safely I will take that at face value.
I've never understood this narrative. Fast forward 20 years to Roosters old boys day and another chook goes off seeing stars, commentators gush how the the Roosters are so good with concussion, pan to the the old boys as Friend, Keary & Cordner piss themselves and drool on each other.

I've never understood this narrative. Fast forward 20 years to Roosters old boys day and another chook goes off seeing stars, commentators gush how the the Roosters are so good with concussion, pan to the the old boys as Friend, Keary & Cordner piss themselves and drool on each other.
You are probably right. But that scenario plays out in 10 years for most other clubs…

Girds89

Bench
Apart from being sick it made sense to rest Schneider yesterday. He would have played if needed.

Laurie approached Ivan after the FG game asking to play reserve grade on the weekend, because due to limited minutes, he needed a run.

With Schneider out it allowed the side to keep Toelau in the halves. Rather than play off the bench.
Toelau as some saw yesterday, has been playing well. His short passing game close to the line is impressive. There are a few things in his game he needs to work on. But, In my opinion the more time he gets in the halves the better he will be for it.

Once Cole is back (very soon) we literally have 4 good half options for reserve grade.

For this week at least is was an easy decision to rest Schneider.

Said this several times last year when not many knew who he was..

Hes a real smokey for fg imo.

Personally i think hes a great 14 option.. plays tough. Good passing a kicking game. Definitely not afraid to dig into the line for a tough run or put his body on the line.

He has lapses and seems to fade in and out a bit but i see massive upsides.. also think he probs has same pace as cole but a bit bigger.

Edit... talking bout Trent T fyi

Girds89

Bench
I want to see trent stay in the 6 tbh.

I think hes more a traditional 6 than cole.

For years on here when burto was here even in nsw cup i said hed struggle in the top grade at 6.. hes running game is his best attribute. Play making and laying on passes and making plays isnt burtos strong suit.

To an extent i think cole is similar. He lovws to run the ball.. his main thought from watching him is run first...

Theres a few different style of 6 options moving forward to take luais spot which is a great promblem to have.

The club has sort of covered all bases.

Laurie is similar in luai in a way. Very jinky and weavy.. probs a better ball player but not as good as defender. But still similar style.

Coles an out and out runner.

Schnieder is more your traditional 7/6 and like SOS and cogger.

And Trent T is very much a traditional sort of 6 that can take the line on well but can kick and play make but definitely as a 6 not a 7.

Clubs in a great spot

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I want to see trent stay in the 6 tbh.

I think hes more a traditional 6 than cole.

For years on here when burto was here even in nsw cup i said hed struggle in the top grade at 6.. hes running game is his best attribute. Play making and laying on passes and making plays isnt burtos strong suit.

To an extent i think cole is similar. He lovws to run the ball.. his main thought from watching him is run first...

Theres a few different style of 6 options moving forward to take luais spot which is a great promblem to have.

The club has sort of covered all bases.

Laurie is similar in luai in a way. Very jinky and weavy.. probs a better ball player but not as good as defender. But still similar style.

Coles an out and out runner.

Schnieder is more your traditional 7/6 and like SOS and cogger.

And Trent T is very much a traditional sort of 6 that can take the line on well but can kick and play make but definitely as a 6 not a 7.

Clubs in a great spot

I watched the cup game yesterday on telly. I thought Laurie's defence had aimed up a little, He looks to have put on about 2KGs in the chest area.
He was at least putting his shoulders into defending.
I thought it showed him wanting to improve by asking Ivan to play cup yesterday to get some miles into his legs.

Like others I agree, the club is in a good spot re depth and players coming through. Most impressed.

maple_69

Bench
I hope not but I think some people should probably prepare themselves for the possibility that Ivan selects Peachey to cover the 17 with Garner starting.

I’d go Alamoti as 17. He’s the guy that solves a problem that has impressed in Cup. Tago can pull a shift one in. If there’s any doubt around Cleary I’d have Schneider as our 14. If Cleary doesn’t have a plan for Laurie to be used he might as well get some more minutes in Cup.

Girds89

Bench
Broncos can cry a river but fact is tackle on sorro likely gunna rule him out for 4 weeks. Was a penalty

Haas tackle on nath which outstandingly and in one of the biggest jokes in the game went unpunished led to him being out for months from a clear hip drop... how they ruled the season to that point it was 10 in the bin easy

Girds89

Bench
People hate to hear the real facts but sad truth is peach has been better than mav in cup this year.

Not by a little either...

If anyone deserves a call up ot jordan grant.. probs dont need another prop.

But if your playing blokes that deserve a crack theres plenty before mav and others

PennyPanthers81

Juniors
Can someone link me to something about the Sorro injury? I haven't seen anything about it anywhere and I just tried to google and nothing. Insider info?

edit: Nevermind found it.

Latest posts