What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD1 NSWRL Cup Jets versus Sharks

2 True Blues

Coach
Hey guys and gals. If anyone is not making the trip to Manly and are interested, Jets play the Sharks on Sat 15th March kickoff 4.30pm in game one fo the 2008 Prem/League comp.

The game is being played at Oki Stadium Kogarah.

Was also wondering if you guys have a team line-up for this game ??

How have the Sharks gone in the pre-season trials. ??

Best of luck in the new season.

spider

Coach
1 Warren DIXON
2 Travis ROBINSON
3 Dustin COOPER
4 Jess CAINE
5 Filinga FILIGA
6 Harry BERRYMAN
7 Blake GREEN
8 Sam MOA
9 James STORER
10 Eddie SU'A
11 Lance THOMPSON
12 Paul STEPHENSON
13 Grant MILLINGTON
INTERCHANGE
14 Tinetali PAPALII
15 Dean PETERS
16 Isaac RETZLAFFE
17 Anthony KILLINGBECK
18 Aaron FIRMAN
19 Leonard ROPETA

Snoop Shark

First Grade
2 true u got the jets line up for us mate?

My good mate Byron Ford is playing for newtown...scored 36 tries for Hull KR in 06...Can score!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Bastard Squad said:
Do you know why this game is at Kogarah rather than Henson ?

The game is an AWAY game for the Jets. Apparently shark Park is not ready for use till RD 6 ?? So I was told without confirmation. So it's a HOME game for Sharks at OKI stadium. Never thought you would live to see that day I imagaine mate. LOL....

Jets are in good form though. Having won all trial games easily.

for the line-up checkout www.newtownjets.com guys.

Should be a good game.

2 True Blues

Coach
spider said:
1 Warren DIXON
2 Travis ROBINSON
3 Dustin COOPER
4 Jess CAINE
5 Filinga FILIGA
6 Harry BERRYMAN
7 Blake GREEN
8 Sam MOA
9 James STORER
10 Eddie SU'A
11 Lance THOMPSON
12 Paul STEPHENSON
13 Grant MILLINGTON
INTERCHANGE
14 Tinetali PAPALII
15 Dean PETERS
16 Isaac RETZLAFFE
17 Anthony KILLINGBECK
18 Aaron FIRMAN
19 Leonard ROPETA

Thanks mate. Some names not known to me there, but also some great players also. Should be a cracker. Thompson should be used to Oki stadium. ;-) :lol:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
2 True Blues said:
. So it's a HOME game for Sharks at OKI stadium. Never thought you would live to see that day I imagaine mate. LOL....

How desperate must we be...we are the prostitutes of the NRL

Snoop Shark said:

Thats what I was thinking. Surely they could have used a ground in the shire, Caringbah oval, ooops, I mean Glenn McGrath oval, or Waratah oval.

2 True Blues

Coach
cityshark said:
Hey wasnt Newtown the team that dumped us for the Roosters a few seasons back?

Nah mate. Was the other way around actually. But hey, it's worked well for us anyway. ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
Bastard Squad said:
Thats what I was thinking. Surely they could have used a ground in the shire, Caringbah oval, ooops, I mean Glenn McGrath oval, or Waratah oval.

I actually thought we would be playing at the soccer ovals next to Shark Park ( lol ) so it could have been worse. :lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
2 true u got the jets line up for us mate?

My good mate Byron Ford is playing for newtown...scored 36 tries for Hull KR in 06...Can score!!!

Sounds good mate. I have not seen him play yet. Am travelling some distance for this game though ( 3 half hrs drive there and same back ). He is starting in the No 2 jersey mate.

Inferno

Coach
Snoop Shark said:

Could be worse, I think the Tigers are using 5 different grounds for home games this year :shock:

2 True Blues

Coach
So why isn't Shark Park ready for use anyway. ?? What happened ??

Henson Park had a full facelift in the off season, with Marrickville council funding an expensive re-surface and drainage etc. Thats why we did not play any trial games there, so that it would be ready for use in RD 2 against Wests.

Shark Park has a new southern stand being finished off, won't be available until rnd5.

Holds about as many as the King George V Memorial Grandstand.

2 True Blues

Coach
LMFAO !!!!! That brought on a gut laugh. thanks mate.

Was thinking the extra rain in the off season must have delayed the process or something. I am an Engadine boy but nolonger live in the shire. Oldies are still there though and I saw they had a lot of rain.

S.R.

Juniors
Should have tried to play this game as a double header with some other stand along NSW/VB Cup fixture instead of playing at OKI Jubilee Sh!thole.

evv

Juniors
i was looking at the nsw cup draw today and it seems whenever first grade play away the nsw cup team play at shark park. so dont expect to see the sharks and the cobras to play on the same day, i think there mite be one wkend when the cobras wil play before the 20's.

2 True Blues

Coach
S.R. said:
Should have tried to play this game as a double header with some other stand along NSW/VB Cup fixture instead of playing at OKI Jubilee Sh!thole.

SG Ball Sharks versus Saints on beforehand apparently . starts 1.30pm. So it's a Sharks double header. ;-)

2 True Blues

Coach
Actually just checked again and it's a triple header mate. lol. Matthews Cup starts at midday followed by SG ball, followed by prem/league.

get on down there shark fans. LOl...

Latest posts