What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd1: Womens NRL (inc Parra) GAME DAY THREAD Feb 27 2022

Mickyd39

Juniors
Badger is terrible. She needs to stay on the sideline. Actually, she's a hopeless touchie as well. She just needs to go.

Happy MEel

First Grade
This doesn’t add much to the conversation but she was my PE teacher in high school. I also had the Aus womens rugby captain as a PE teacher as well. It boggles the mind I didn’t come a professional athlete myself with all this tuition.

Gronk

Staff member
Was listening to an NRL podcast Boom Rookies this AM and they referred our ladies team as the W(h)eels.

TheRam

Coach
So I've written them off as something that should never be on TV for the simple reason that they'd get belted by the Harold Matts team. But I have to say it does have entertainment value. Some of the contact is excellent. I even saw a squirell grip.

Go drown some kittens you mongrel.

TheRam

Coach
The knights look better with the ball, but we are still in it because of the scramble.

We’re forcing errors and playing with ok width. We are owed some luck from the footy gods next half.

What game have you watched. We were the better side with the ball, but couldn't hold on to the damn thing long enough. But good to see we won anyway.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Some game stats , courtesy of nrl.com

Possession: Knights 51%
Completion rate: Knights 70% Eels 63%
All runs: 146 each
All run metres: Eels 1376 Knights 1204
PCM: Eels 400-356
Line breaks Eels 5-3
Tackle breaks: Eels 33-21
Offloads: Knights 4-2

TheRam

Coach
What a worthy captain. So well spoken and intelligent. Our mens team captain could do with a few pointers.

She also led from the front and had an exceptional woman of the match performance.

We have some very good players in this team that if they can settle down and play with a little more composure could really give it a red hot crack. The Broncos though are way to experienced, composed and all round talented not to win it again this year.

Go WEELS!

Gronk

Staff member
What game have you watched. We were the better side with the ball, but couldn't hold on to the damn thing long enough. But good to see we won anyway.
Dude we agree. They weren't dropping it and we were. Hence what I said.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ball handling seems to be the area that needs to most work/improvement

gees our girl's defense was good, they certainly can hit hard

Gronk

Staff member
ball handling seems to be the area that needs to most work/improvement

gees our girl's defense was good, they certainly can hit hard
I can't be too critical as the girls are just newbies. If you take a look at AFLW a few years in, their skill level has really improved from the fumble fest and poor kicking from a few years ago.

Latest posts