What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 10th May

King-Gutho94

Coach
The saddest part of last night's game was Brisbane weren't there physically.

I felt we won the battle for 80 mins and lost by 16.

Sums up both sides when they pick up 2 loose balls and run away easily and score.

While when we did did the exact same thing Simmonson got chased down with 35m still to go.

We have no speed to take any opportunity of a half chance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The saddest part of last night's game was Brisbane weren't there physically.

I felt we won the battle for 80 mins and lost by 16.

Sums up both sides when they pick up 2 loose balls and run away easily and score.

While when we did did the exact same thing Simmonson got chased down with 35m still to go.

We have no speed to take any opportunity of a half chance.
We won the collisions that’s all that matters, who cares about the scoreboard.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Didnt we smash the mother fu*king Ulluru outta them last Indigenous Round to start their decline?
Yep at Allianz.

Accor is a shithole we never play well at is where we play them at.

How can you trust us to beat a RMC side atm.

We will probably rock up looking for a soft win.

Soto

Bench
Effort and Energy was good last night.
Bronx scored 2 very arsey tries..it's gonna happen. When your luck is down that's the shit that happens to you. They pounce and score but we don't. I really can't believe we didn't pressure the crap out of their halfback..
Talagi showed why people have spoken of him highly. Despite a few errors he was excellent. The footwork, the speed, the strength. He needs to stay in the team and at fullback even when guth returns. I'd be pushing guth to left centre and Russell to left wing. Sivo out and on the plane to England or France at years end.
Now for the other changes next week.
Lane, Tuilagi, Lussick, Makatoa out.
In Cartwright, Doorey, Greig and Morretti
We need some young grunt in the pack and I believe Doorey, Greig and Moretti can offer that.
Next year we need to buy 3 key players.
Hooker
Back row
Wing
Now we also need to make some tough calls for next year as well.
I'd be advising the following they are free to go.
Lane
Sivo
Lussick
Hands
Makatoa
Harper
And 1 of the following Paulo, RCG, Gutho.
We need to reshape the roster and replenish with quality youth.
If we do that that frees up over $2.5m a season...
The club can then sign 4-6 quality players

oldmancraigy

Coach
We wont be buying a 9. Boods warmed up with the team on field last night. Huge hint there where BAs thinking is. Was also good to see Guymer warming up as well.

It's not wonderful (given the nepotism allegation in the review), however I'd like to see the midget given a go off the bench. I don't see the point in Hands. He can't tackle, so let's make him the 9 in reserves and see if MArthur has anything in firsts

Soto

Bench
We wont be buying a 9. Boods warmed up with the team on field last night. Huge hint there where BAs thinking is. Was also good to see Guymer warming up as well.
Boods has the makings of a much better hooker than Lussick and Hands...he's not the typical hooker BA normally goes with as he can play....
Guymer is definitely a good one too..
I will say there definitely appears to be more inclination to blood youth now more than ever in BAs tenure.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I think @King-Gutho94 said it, Sivo should be made to watch 12 hours of Semi tapes every f**king week. He has all the impact of a wet lettuce leaf
Sivo is a perfect representation of this club.

Dumb as dogshit.

Just the run the ball with venom and tenacity you never know he might bust a tackle or two.

He deadset runs like he is too scared to get hurt.

Avenger

Immortal
Sivo is a perfect representation of this club.

Dumb as dogshit.

Just the run the ball with venom and tenacity you never know he might bust a tackle or two.

He deadset runs like he is too scared to get hurt.
He’s a disgrace but then again the whole forward pack has regressed.

Delboy

First Grade
Well, even this morning it is still so obvious that what was feared going into the game occurred. We have no,elite speed, 2 tries from intercepts, a try where speed took winger outside our defence , and the last 2 tries from kicks which had a big element of luck.

We played with decent attacking shape and players like Haas and Carrigan were hardly effective, but when opportunities came our way they just weren’t finished, we can’t score from intercepts or mistakes made on halfway as we just don’t have speed. Unfortunately coaching and recruitment are not where it should be, and actually appears recruitment is worse.

Can you imagine Storm, Roosters, even Newcastle allowing a young player to run down his option , they would have presented an offer ahead of that time and got it signed. The game changed over 2 years ago and recruitment hasn’t adapted. Like most we will be at the next game cheering for a win, but without confidence that the current administration are good enough to get the club where it’s size expects.

King-Gutho94

Coach
He’s a disgrace but then again the whole forward pack has regressed.
Penrith have set the blueprint for 5 years.

Get there back 3 to do all the heavy lifting with the ball and conserve the energy of there forwards for the defence.

We do the opposite.

I said 2 weeks ago our forwards look like they have chased one too many collisions we need to replenish them in the next 18 months.

We have 2 x halves good enough to win a comp especially with the lack of halves going around atm clubs would kill to have Moses and Drown together.

Just sort out the platform being laid for them with smarter tactics and fresh blood in the forwards & coaching staff.

Avenger

Immortal
Well, even this morning it is still so obvious that what was feared going into the game occurred. We have no,elite speed, 2 tries from intercepts, a try where speed took winger outside our defence , and the last 2 tries from kicks which had a big element of luck.

We played with decent attacking shape and players like Haas and Carrigan were hardly effective, but when opportunities came our way they just weren’t finished, we can’t score from intercepts or mistakes made on halfway as we just don’t have speed. Unfortunately coaching and recruitment are not where it should be, and actually appears recruitment is worse.

Can you imagine Storm, Roosters, even Newcastle allowing a young player to run down his option , they would have presented an offer ahead of that time and got it signed. The game changed over 2 years ago and recruitment hasn’t adapted. Like most we will be at the next game cheering for a win, but without confidence that the current administration are good enough to get the club where its size expects.
I wonder when MON’s contract is up? I know that some of BA’s assistants and other coaching staff ends this year. I know that Barrett’s tenure ends this season and we have been worse since he arrived. He is a curse.

Latest posts