What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Knights GAME DAY THREAD 6/6/21

Avenger

Immortal
They are trying to fix it by boning Fergo. I know it’s only Newcastle but I didn’t see too many deficiencies in our defence yesterday.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon Waqa and Lane were on notice given the speculation around them and how the responded. Sivo also played like a rocket had been put up him. Hard to complain about today's effort. Wests current form will test them. I'll even wear my unlucky Jersey next Sunday just to put them under a bit more pressure. Fire up boys.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If you put the Eels spine into the Roosters team they’d be contenders again. The Panthers, Rabbitohs and Storm have better spines but they don’t blow us out of the water.
I would hope our first choice spine is better than whatever the Roosters have been able to scrape together due to their horrendous injury toll.

forward pass

Coach
We haven't come close to bringing our A game to be honest, but somehow we've managed to put on 5 tries. I really don't know how. Perhaps it shows the quality of our opponents today.

Our set structure from attack in the most was pedestrian and predictable. What has happened to our run hard power game that was so effective for the first 10 games?

We appear to just have a couple of individuals who are far too good for our opponents to handle.

Although they were all difficult kicks, Moses needs to work more on his goal kicking. Perhaps this is just another indication that we haven't bought our A game.
I agree with this. We have hardly scored a try this year from beyond the 20 metre line. We are little threat in our own half. I think its our lack of pace actually.

lucablight

First Grade
I agree with this. We have hardly scored a try this year from beyond the 20 metre line. We are little threat in our own half. I think its our lack of pace actually.
Blake, Ferguson, Sivo and Moses are all capable of scoring length of the field tries.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I reckon Waqa and Lane were on notice given the speculation around them and how the responded. Sivo also played like a rocket had been put up him. Hard to complain about today's effort. Wests current form will test them. I'll even wear my unlucky Jersey next Sunday just to put them under a bit more pressure. Fire up boys.
I agree mate. I thought Waqa was sensational yesterday. Looked dynamite on those under balls in half broken play. More than capable of scoring some long range efforts. As you mentioned, Lane and Sivo were tremendous too.

lucablight

First Grade
Moses and Blake only. Sivo has not scored a try from further than 15 metres out in 2 seasons.
That’s one of my biggest issues with our attack. We never seem to create space for our players and have to get them to brute force their way through. Sivo is certainly capable of he gets in the clear.

emjaycee

Coach
That’s one of my biggest issues with our attack. We never seem to create space for our players and have to get them to brute force their way through. Sivo is certainly capable of he gets in the clear.
Sivo couldn't run out of sight on a moonlit Fijian beach.

He has strength but not speed.
That is why when he makes a break in our own half he slows down and takes the tackle.

He aint no Semi mate.

lucablight

First Grade

That is why when he makes a break in our own half he slows down and takes the tackle.

He aint no Semi mate.

He aint no Semi mate.

Gronk

Staff member
there is a lot of whinging but realistically we’re no chance at taking it out.
West Tigers 2005 say Hi. They proved that you you don't have to be the best team all year to win the comp. We finished minor premiers with STG with a 16/8 season. Wests limped into the semis with a 14/10 record.

They were up n down all season and just strung a few together.

Can you honestly say that this 2005 team is better on paper than our 2021 list ?

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Daniel Fitzhenry
3. Shane Elford
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Pat Richards
6. Benji Marshall
7. Scott Prince
8. Anony Laffranchi
9. Robbie Farah
10. John Skandalis
11. Ben Galea
12. Mark O'Neill
13. Dene Halatau

14. Liam Fulton
15. Chis Heighington
16. Bryce Gibbs
17. Todd Payten

TheParraboy

Staff member
West Tigers 2005 say Hi. They proved that you you don't have to be the best team all year to win the comp. We finished minor premiers with STG with a 16/8 season. Wests limped into the semis with a 14/10 record.

Can you honestly say that this 2005 team is better on paper than our 2021 list ?

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Daniel Fitzhenry
3. Shane Elford
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Pat Richards
6. Benji Marshall
7. Scott Prince
8. Anony Laffranchi
9. Robbie Farah
10. John Skandalis
11. Ben Galea
12. Mark O'Neill
13. Dene Halatau

14. Liam Fulton
15. Chis Heighington
16. Bryce Gibbs
17. Todd Payten

To be fair, both Dragqueens and us (both predicted grand finalists) choked in our respective preliminary finals

Its like if both Storm and Penrith lose the game before the grand final this year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

1. Brett Hodgson
2. Daniel Fitzhenry
3. Shane Elford
4. Paul Whatuira
5. Pat Richards
6. Benji Marshall
7. Scott Prince
8. Anony Laffranchi
9. Robbie Farah
10. John Skandalis
11. Ben Galea
12. Mark O'Neill
13. Dene Halatau

14. Liam Fulton
15. Chis Heighington
16. Bryce Gibbs
17. Todd Payten
They have a better spine but otherwise no. Our starting pack is significantly better, though their bench is very good; up there with ours.

Latest posts