What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18 2024: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 4th

hindy111

Post Whore
Happy to give the kid more time but I see nothing in his game. He’s slow to pass and does
Not run the ball, his speed is not existent. Let’s see if he can develop but I have my doubts.

boooooooooooods

I've seen him shred sides in NSW CUP and kick 40/20s. I think he looked average but he had what 9 mins with the ball? I'll give him a bit more time

Wally21

Bench
Well I have to say I was wrong about Talagi. In the heat of the moment last week, I questioned the hype. Tonight however he played tough and played well. Still needs to do plenty of work under the high ball and defence is still a work in progress, but credit where credit is due, he was one of our better players tonight.

JokerEel

Coach
I love how you all seemed to conveniently miss the under 19s state of origin

I don't think he was that good in the Origin game but he has been really good in the NSW cup games I have watched..

He needs to keep developing and hopefully our new coach in the off-season gets an assistant in let's hope someone like Joey to help the halves and Hookers.

Happy MEel

First Grade
So I reckon our top 17 middles next year should be:
Guymer
Hopgood
Moretti
RCG
Offa
Matto (if we have to)

Hookers:
Hands
Not sold on Boods so need to go to market. f**k it, I’d be interested in the cheese.

Edge forwards:
Tuilagi
Doorey
Cartwright or Brazel off the bench

Fullback:
Lomax

Wingers:
Sign Vunivalu
Tago

Centres:
Blaize
Gutho

Halves:
Moses
Drown

This gives us a more agile pack, hard running backrowers, threats on the edge and class in the halves.

We need to offload Paulo, Lane, Semi and possibly one of either Matto or Cartwright. Even chipping in we should be able to pick up the cheese and Vunivalu.

We then are big players in the market for 2026. We replace Gutho for someone like Staggs in the centres. We then use RCG’s coin on Cotter or Leniu.

That’s my pitch for the coaching gig.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
Well I have to say I was wrong about Talagi. In the heat of the moment last week, I questioned the hype. Tonight however he played tough and played well. Still needs to do plenty of work under the high ball and defence is still a work in progress, but credit where credit is due, he was one of our better players tonight.
I think we have to make him a big offer. He has very rare attributes. It will likely be a waste of money and end badly, but I think we just have to gamble on the roar talent.

Pazza

First Grade
Given the way his old man departed and allegedly thinks the club is shit, how heavily do we invest in MA? If his old man gets a gig elsewhere I reckon he'll get him off our books quick smart and over to wherever.....

I struggle to believe much from the parra talk podcast. Entertaining but

EelEtric

Juniors
Next week:

1. Gutho
2. Blaize
4. Tago
5. Cini
6. Drown
8. RCG
9. Hands
10. Offa
11. Cartwright
12. Matto (regrettably)
13. Guymer

14. Boods (regrettably)
15. Doorey
16. Paulo (regrettably)
17. Moretti

No idea who plays centre and halfback with Moses in origin.
With Moses in Origin...

1. Gutho
2. Russell
3. Penisini
4. Tago
5. Blaize
6. Drown
7. Sanders
8. RCG
9. Hands
10. Offa
11. Doorey
12. Cartwright
13. Guymer

14. Arthur
15. Matto
16. Brazel
17. Moretti

We'll get smashed but at least Hannay will get to see what he has to work with next year.

JokerEel

Coach
Guymer
Hopgood
Moretti
RCG
Offa
Matto (if we have to)

Hookers:
Hands
Not sold on Boods so need to go to market.

Edge forwards:
Tuilagi
Doorey

Fullback:
Gutho

Wingers:
Sign
Tago

Centres:
Blaize
Sign Iro

Halves:
Moses
Drown

This gives us a more agile pack, hard running backrowers, threats on the edge and class in the halves.

We need to offload Paulo, Lane, Semi and possibly one of either Matto or Cartwright. Even chipping in we should be able to pick up Iro and Vunivalu

Lomax?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sean Russell needs a new jockey asap

1e548a776b708dc1b794fa93ffb435cf.gif
He needs a trip to the glue factory.

EelEtric

Juniors
Guymer
Hopgood
Moretti
RCG
Offa
Matto (if we have to)

Hookers:
Hands
Not sold on Boods so need to go to market. f**k it, I’d be interested in the cheese.

Edge forwards:
Tuilagi
Doorey

Fullback:
Gutho

Wingers:
Sign Vunivalu
Tago

Centres:
Blaize
Sign Iro

Halves:
Moses
Drown

We need to offload Paulo, Lane, Semi and possibly one of either Matto or Cartwright. Even chipping in we should be able to pick up Iro and Vunivalu. We then are big players in the market for 2026.

We replace Gutho at fullback with someone like Paps, or move Blaize there and go for Staggs in the centres. We then use RCG’s coin on Cotter or Leniu.

That’s my pitch for the coaching gig.
Lomax wants to know if he can still play next year?

Asi has been named 18th man pretty regularly (including tonight) so I think he's next man up when Moses in on Origin duty. Otherwise I agree Gutho into the halves in attack is an option if needed.

1. Gutho
2. sigh... Russell? or Lumelume?
3. sigh... Penisini? or Harper? or Cini?
4. Talagi (I think centre will be his position, may as well get used to it)
5. Tago
6. Asi
7. Brown (hopefully will feel a sense of responsibility and step up)
8. Campbell-Gillard
9. Hands (but give him a break after 25-30min)
10. Ofahenguai (finally gets the starting number, if Junior is injured)
11. Lane (may as well be useless starting in his usual position)
12. Doorey
13. Matterson
14. Arthur (stint in middle of the game)
15. Makatoa (because Junior is injured)
16. Cartwright (benched for his early game errors)
17. Guymer (just like this week, but for more minutes)
18. Moretti
19. Sanders
20. Greig
21. Harper
22. Lumelume

yy_cheng

Coach
1. Blaize
2. Cini
3. Penisini
4. Harper
5. Tago