What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18 2024: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 4th

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I had big hopes for Russell this year but he continues to disappoint.
He definitely is not a centre, has no idea.
Season is so over. Time for Cini to get a run FFS.
At least he will put in and we need some effort in the team.
The plod factor is just doing my head in.
The dropped balls in attack are just destroying us.

Hard to argue really. His form has dropped off completely and that moment from the Souths drop out sums up his form.

Both centres have been ordinary lately. Geez Penisini has been shocking

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just looked at the presser, how on earth is Barrett going to provide any impetus to the team. Such a downbeat expression and responses, it does need a reset at coach level and someone to light up the recruitment and retention area, preferably not someone who’s a life member of a rival club.
Buckets hid away from the crowd tonight.

Normally he shows his face every home game was MIA tonight.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Matto's issue has never been on the field.

It's been getting him on it.

The other 2nd rower is a different story atm. Does he want play Rugby league.
I can only assume that perhaps he’s got other stuff happening off the field because he was completely disinterested. Put it this way, he made 11 more tackles than MA in 32 more mins on the field.

Interesting comments in the presser above three tries we let in where we just stopped and walked instead of working "under the ball" - for the Walker try before half time, it was captain Gutherson himself and Bryce that stopped working and left the huge gap after the offload for Walker to stroll through and score.

Haven't spotted the third try they might have been talking about. Possibly the very first try off a scrum, where Gutherson packed at lock but couldn't get there quick enough to lay a hand on Walker to pressure the pass setting up the play for the try out wide?