What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18 2024: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 4th

I had big hopes for Russell this year but he continues to disappoint.
He definitely is not a centre, has no idea.
Season is so over. Time for Cini to get a run FFS.
At least he will put in and we need some effort in the team.
The plod factor is just doing my head in.
The dropped balls in attack are just destroying us.
Sadly agree, he’s turned to shit

Gronk

Staff member
I had big hopes for Russell this year but he continues to disappoint.
He definitely is not a centre, has no idea.
Season is so over. Time for Cini to get a run FFS.
At least he will put in and we need some effort in the team.
The plod factor is just doing my head in.
The dropped balls in attack are just destroying us.
Agree, it felt like every time the ball went to Russell, it died with him.

yy_cheng

Coach
Honestly what a joke of a performance. Souths werent even that good but yet again this team has made the weaker teams look like title contenders. I was disappointed last week and even more tonight. They've got nothing.
At least they worked on their defense

Gronk

Staff member
Good games by

Gutho
Tago
Blaize
Moses
Reg
Matto
Offa
Charlie
Doorey

Ok games by

Dylan
Bryce
Hands
Arthur

Patchy games by

Penisni
Junior

Gash game by

Russell
Lane

King-Gutho94

Coach
I can only assume that perhaps he’s got other stuff happening off the field because he was completely disinterested. Put it this way, he made 11 more tackles than MA in 32 more mins on the field.
The thing with Lane is which can't be picked up on TV I suspect but you see at the game.

In nearly most attacking sets we ruck it out from a long kick.

Lane spends the first 3 tackles with hands on his hips behind the opposition defensive line.

He is not the only one. But generally he is one of the main ones there regularly.

He doesn't look fit to me if he is looking gassed after 25 mins every set of six we have to ruck it out.

Gherkin

Juniors
Interesting comments in the presser above three tries we let in where we just stopped and walked instead of working "under the ball" - for the Walker try before half time, it was captain Gutherson himself and Bryce that stopped working and left the huge gap after the offload for Walker to stroll through and score.
Why are we always so reliant on Gutho plugging holes in the front line?

Soto

Bench
The thing with Lane is which can't be picked up on TV I suspect but you see at the game.

In nearly most attacking sets we ruck it out from a long kick.

Lane spends the first 3 tackles with hands on his hips behind the opposition defensive line.

He is not the only one. But generally he is one of the main ones there regularly.

He doesn't look fit to me if he is looking gassed after 25 mins every set of six we have to ruck it out.
This team is so unfit it ain't funny.
Looks like Paulo might be done with an ankle injury.
Then turf Lane.
We need younger forwards.
I don't care now but time to put Greig and Morretti in.
Before anyone says well they are unfit and not good defensively neither are the blokes in front of them. Morretti has good leg speed and needs more time in the top grade.
Greig was our #1 metre eater last yr before suffering the lisfranc injury.
I hope the new coach is announced today which i feel they will be and starts immediately trying to shape the roster for next yr.
I will emphasise that not 1 person from the current 1st grade coaching team nor the head trainer should be retained.
Barrett, murphy, Antonelli, elkin all need to go as well as MON and Ben Rogers.
I'm more convinced than ever that Dylan Brown would be an awesome hooker.
Hands and Marthur aren't the answer there.
Riley Smith is better than both.
Some of Marthurs passes last night were wow..I know it was wet but he's been a hooker his whole life.
Change needs to start immediately with a industrial hose down of playing, coaching, training and admin personnel.
This great club is now a huge embarrassment.
I'm not even sure I will attend another game this yr...last night was maybe just the end...it's f@$#&

Gronk

Staff member
This team is so unfit it ain't funny.
Looks like Paulo might be done with an ankle injury.
Then turf Lane.
We need younger forwards.
I don't care now but time to put Greig and Morretti in.
Before anyone says well they are unfit and not good defensively neither are the blokes in front of them. Morretti has good leg speed and needs more time in the top grade.
Greig was our #1 metre eater last yr before suffering the lisfranc injury.
I hope the new coach is announced today which i feel they will be and starts immediately trying to shape the roster for next yr.
I will emphasise that not 1 person from the current 1st grade coaching team nor the head trainer should be retained.
Barrett, murphy, Antonelli, elkin all need to go as well as MON and Ben Rogers.
I'm more convinced than ever that Dylan Brown would be an awesome hooker.
Hands and Marthur aren't the answer there.
Riley Smith is better than both.
Some of Marthurs passes last night were wow..I know it was wet but he's been a hooker his whole life.
Change needs to start immediately with a industrial hose down of playing, coaching, training and admin personnel.
This great club is now a huge embarrassment.
I'm not even sure I will attend another game this yr...last night was maybe just the end...it's f@$#&
Agreed with almost everything. Emu however has been sluggish. Moretti has been also shown up by the young guys. I thought he has been quite average in the past few weeks.

This might be my rose coloured glasses, but I see guymer, brazel, Parker, Tuivati, Latu etc as having a bit of a young Broncos feel about them. Throw in Reg, Bryce and Kelma and you have a very mobile bunch.

Soto

Bench
I don't reckon.... he'd have too many mental lapses over the course of a season. It would lead to a dumb knock on, or a pass the wrong way, or (etc)
I'm thinking more along the lines he has a simplified game. We know defensively he's excellent. We know he has speed and he has most often will just need to pass but run when there is one marker or retreating defence.
He should be the same or better than Jeremy Marshall King and I like the way he plays a hell of a lot.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agreed with almost everything. Emu however has been sluggish. Moretti has been also shown up by the young guys. I thought he has been quite average in the past few weeks.

This might be my rose coloured glasses, but I see guymer, brazel, Parker, Tuivati, Latu etc as having a bit of a young Broncos feel about them. Throw in Reg, Bryce and Kelma and you have a very mobile bunch.

Emu is no good. Games gone passed those types of Props

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Guymer is the only real positive i can take out of the game, Tago a bloke who was playing RM at the start of the season looked almost our best back. Let that sink in, and if we lose Talagi the club just needs to be blown up seriously he's just too good to lose. I'd give him the fullback gig now and if Guth doesn't like it he can get f**ked as far as i'm concerned. The thing that stinks out like Dog balls is this team needs some proper coaching something that hasn't happened since Daniel Anderson got the arse.