What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18 2024: Eels v Rabbits GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 4th

Soto

Bench
Its really not that hard
It's not...they laugh when they know they are playing us..shift a few wide and any winger will score..putrid defence.
It's only in the last 11 yrs I've seen this poor defensive structure...has me thinking...who would be responsible for that

King-Gutho94

Coach
Guymer is the only real positive i can take out of the game, Tago a bloke who was playing RM at the start of the season looked almost our best back. Let that sink in, and if we lose Talagi the club just needs to be blown up seriously he's just too good to lose. I'd give him the fullback gig now and if Guth doesn't like it he can get f**ked as far as i'm concerned. The thing that stinks out like Dog balls is this team needs some proper coaching something that hasn't happened since Daniel Anderson got the arse.
Play Blaize at FB next week.

Move Gutho to 6 with Drown at 7 with Moses out.

Then move Gutho to centre after origin and see what happens.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I just don't understand what these guys do at training.....it is truly mind boggling

They are unfit, they just go side to side in attack with no structure, they have absolutely no idea in defence, they look weak and barely dominate in tackles, they continue to make moronic errors like Russell's drop out (which was the second time they have done that this season), they don't look to have any off the cuff skills and always take the wrong options when making a half break....

I just don't get it

King-Gutho94

Coach
I just don't understand what these guys do at training.....it is truly mind boggling

They are unfit, they just go side to side in attack with no structure, they have absolutely no idea in defence, they look weak and barely dominate in tackles, they continue to make moronic errors like Russell's drop out (which was the second time they have done that this season), they don't look to have any off the cuff skills and always take the wrong options when making a half break....

I just don't get it
The biggest problem with our attack and you see it at the game is.

We have no players in motion off the ball they all stand still.

So when we offload the ball there is no momentum in the play as everyone is flat footed.

Same when we spread the ball no one is moving with any forward motion or momentum to capitalize on a backline play.

We lack speed on the edges and our support play is abysmal.

Gutho makes a break last night at 16-10 wtf was his support he had to throw a harbour bridge pass 25m to the winger which got intercepted.

Gutho should have taken the tackle but at the same time wtf was Dylan Brown or someone else pushing up in support.

Sean Russell was nowhere to be seen i think Gutho tried to pass it to Tago.

If we score there to get it back to 16-all with the momentum its a different game.

King-Gutho94

Coach
boy it's a good thing they didn't announce the new coach and disrupt preparation for the game
in contrast souths announced the wayne bennett signing just before round 12 guess what happened
Havent lost since Bennett got appointed.

I reckon wayne has screwed us over 4 times already this year.

Dolphins in Darwin
Signing with souths
2 losses to Souths with Wayne coaching Hornby on the mobile phone back on his farm.

TheParraboy

Staff member
boy it's a good thing they didn't announce the new coach and disrupt preparation for the game
in contrast souths announced the wayne bennett signing just before round 12 guess what happened

We announce the coach today / this weekend, and then go through undefeated to take out the title ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore

I just don't get it
It’s not a coaching issue, coaching means absolutely nothing at all. Until it does off course.

ATM it’s just bad luck and a lack of resources.

Incorrect

Coach
Gutho makes a break last night at 16-10 wtf was his support he had to throw a harbour bridge pass 25m to the winger which got intercepted.

Gutho should have taken the tackle but at the same time wtf was Dylan Brown or someone else pushing up in support.
It was noticeable even on the TV coverage, Offa made 1 or 2 half breaks but there is nobody sniffing around and supporting the players. Gutho used to be good at it, Mahoney too....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And I’m not sure if this is a good thing but Offa is now our best middle forward, actually scratch that he’s been our best forward this year. Has he improved that much or the others just gone backwards at a rate of knots??

It’s obvious that the foward pack have had the collision chased out of them the last 5 or so years. I think a new coach and voice could do a lot.

Gherkin

Juniors

I just don't get it
That's another thing that stood out for me with Guymer. We've got players that are walking looking for a rest after 10 minutes, he seemed to keep up with the pace of the game better than a few of our experienced forwards

hindy111

Post Whore
It was noticeable even on the TV coverage, Offa made 1 or 2 half breaks but there is nobody sniffing around and supporting the players. Gutho used to be good at it, Mahoney too....

The main support players for forwards should be the fullback and hooker who are floating. I think Gutho days at fullback are numbered for this reason. Remember B.Hodgson and how good he was at it.
As far as Guthersons break I reckon it has to be the halves ( If they didn't pass the ball ) or your centres/Wingers. Ours are just to slow. None of them are going to make up ground with a 10mtrs start.
Luke Burt was small and average but his support play was first class cause of his speed. Fast sides make a break and it's goodnight. We have built such a slow squad it's embarrassing.
Speed kills

Latest posts