What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd2. Wests Tigers-Sea Eagles 5.30pm "spoilers"

innsaneink

Referee
Case of whos out more than anything this game.

Wests Tigers off a close 2 point loss to melb in melb are without Whatuira with calf strain, replaced by Fitzhenry with Shannan McDonnel on bench

Manly, off an emphatic 6 try hammering at a dingy Brookie over the raiders last Sat are without the Beaver, Ox and matteye

Beaver replaced by Hoppa wannabe Whatmo, Matteye and orford replaced by I dont know, Wests Tigers by 16...yes, 16 points! :crazy:

innsaneink

Referee
Yeh, Morrison showed up Fitzy last year when he played center.....He'll have fulton covering for him this time though.

willvillain

Juniors
Manly were on the backfoot when Beaver and Matai were out. I thought it was bloody even, perhaps with Manly in front a little bit, when Fatz was ruled out. But with Orford out as well.... Tigers shouldn't lose this one.

Orford's short kicking game was going to be crucial. Burns is a tough nut, but has virtually no kicking game, let alone a short kicking game. Lyon is a gun, but he only kicked once or twice last week - the one that sticks in my mind is the one that he booted out on the full. Monas was never known for his short kicking game even when he WAS a halfback.

So it's fair to say that I'm a little worried about where our tries are going to come from seeing as all but one came from kicks last week...

Still, it's not like the Tigers don't have weaknesses. Should be a good game.

Manly by 8.

Kid

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Only concern is Fitzhenry in the centres marking Bell.
Tigers 1-12
You have to admit....it's a pretty bloody big concern though. I was feeling very confident about winning this one until old turnstyles was put in the centres. Steve Bell will be licking his chops!!

simon says

First Grade
Collis try out wide after superb work by Bunji Marshall..

Tigers up 4 nil after 3 minutes with a kick to come.

Disco

Bench
Manly likely lineup

1.B Stewart
2.Robbo
3.Bell
4.Lyon
5.Hicks
6.Burns
7.Monaghan
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kite (C)
11.Watmough
12.G Stewart
13.Williamson

14.Halden
15.Rose
16.Bryant
17.Hall

I think Manly will grind them down in the forwards, Bell to score 2, Kite or Watmough to be MOM

Inferno

Coach
I tipped Manly in the work tipping comp but the tigers in my 2 online ones.

Having a bet each way:cool:

I reckon the Tigers will win by 8.

t-ba

Post Whore
Disco said:
Manly likely lineup

1.B Stewart
2.Robbo
3.Bell
4.Lyon
5.Hicks
6.Burns
7.Monaghan
8.King
9.Ballin
10.Kite (C)
11.Watmough
12.G Stewart
13.Williamson

14.Halden
15.Rose
16.Bryant
17.Hall

If those three do an adequate job, I have faith in the forward pack to beat the Wiggers and the Backline to tear the sh*t out of them.

For that to happen, two uncapped players have two do a solid job of distributing the ball from Dummy half and Mick Monaghan has to stop running around in 'concentric circles' while at halfback :oops:

Watch out for Matt Ballin. Real goer, been dominating in Premier League for a while now.

innsaneink

Referee
http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=100

Wests Tigers supporters will be able to read the latest scores live from Leichhardt Oval on Saturday, March 24.

Starting from the Jersey Flegg game between Balmain Tigers and Sydney Roosters at 1.35pm, scores and a match report will be updated LIVE on the website as it happens at the ground.

The service will also be provided for the Premier League game at 3.30pm between Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers and Manly Sea Eagles, as well as the big one between Wests Tigers and Manly at 5.30pm.

Furthermore, a score service will also be provided for the Western Suburbs Magpies matches from Campbelltown Sports Stadium.

It is all part of the new Wests Tigers website.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=100

DeeGan

Bench
Looking forward to this game, I have taken Tigers 1-12.

One of the best sights in rugby league IMO is a full house at Leidchardt Oval.

Sheens should really play Fitz on the wing, and Tuiaki on the bench go with this line up

1 Hodgson
2 Fitzhenry
3 Collis
4 Danny Galea
5 Moodie
6 Marshall
7 Morris

8 Gibbs
9 Farah
10 Payten
11 Ben Galea
12 Heighinton
13 Halatau

14 Harrison
15 Tuiaki
16 Galloway
17 Fulton

t-ba

Post Whore
Marshall_magic said:
Sheens should really play Fitz on the wing, and Tuiaki on the bench go with this line up

Indeed. But that's why Sheens is the Coach and I'm the hopeful Manly Fan...

Results so far….. Saturday March 24
Harold Matthews (round 5)
Wests Magpies 38 d Souths Rabbitohs 30
Balmain Tigers 46 d Cronulla Sharks 16

SG Ball (Round 5)
Wests Magpies 48 d Souths Rabbitohs 22
Balmain Tigers 20 lead Cronulla Sharks 4 at Half Time

Jersey Flegg (Round 2)
Balmain Tigers 32 d Sydney Roosters 12

Results so far….. Update
Harold Matthews (round 5)
Wests Magpies 38 d Souths Rabbitohs 30