What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd2. Wests Tigers-Sea Eagles 5.30pm "spoilers"

simon says

First Grade
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Except if they bomb to Moodie's wing.

Fitzy to centre was a masterstroke. :?

As soon as I saw rain and Fitzy in the centres, I knew we we gone. We actually did better than I thought we would, but only because of our defence.

Thank God for Robbie Farah.

When I saw Fitzy in the centres I was off to the TAB to invest on Manly....but I have to say that I was impressed with his game.

26 tackles,no misses,no donuts,no surrenders and when he got the ball he looked sharp.

Im usually the first in line to drop the boot into Ftz,but I thought he showed some ticker yesterday and had his best game for the club.

PS...and yes,thank Kali for Farrah.

Mr Saab

Referee
CharlieF said:
I though the Tigers just played shocking and Manly did nothing to make them do this??

Not really. Most of the Tigers dropped balls were under 10s stuff and not because of defensive pressure from the eagles.
Tigers mounted zero pressure, and gave away field position as a result of errors.

simon says

First Grade
CharlieF said:
I though the Tigers just played shocking and Manly did nothing to make them do this??

Manly had nothing do do with blokes running one out,as well as players dropping the ball when there wasnt a player within COO-EEE.

They did adapt to the conditions better by hanging into the ball and kicking well to keep the Tigers locked down in their danger zone in the second half.

simon says

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Not really. Most of the Tigers dropped balls were under 10s stuff and not because of defensive pressure from the eagles.
Tigers mounted zero pressure, and gave away field position as a result of errors.

Exactly how I saw it.

boonboon

Juniors
Tigers dropped a lot of ball
They cant play in rain
Manly were also crap just there game suits the rain better esp without orford
gail came up behind manly in 2nd half

Manly had the luck

CharlieF

Juniors
Mr Saab said:

I know stats don't mean much and I know what you are saying about the crap WT effort, but have a look at these interesting statistics

WT made 331 tackles to Manlys 315
WT made 16 handling errors compared to manlys 15.
WT made 23 missed tackles compoared to Manly 21.

penalties went to the WT at a rate of 2 to 1.

Possesion was pretty even.

simon says

First Grade
boonboon said:
They cant play in rain

Manly had the luck

:lol: :lol:

Yes we struggle in the rain.....they are first grade footballer and they must adapt.

Manly were not crap....they played good wet weather football.We were crap.

Manly had no luck at all.....with a bit of luck they would have won this by thirty.

CharlieF

Juniors
boonboon said:
They cant play in rain

Manly had the luck

I think if Orford was there, the margin would have been considerably greater. His kicking game was missed by Manly, especially in the WET conditions.

Clock watcher

Juniors
I agree with some of these coments, Manly should have won by more. But taking into account the Tigers Try should have been disalowed and the eagles had 4 try's disalowed, then we were a sh*te load better than the score line showed. Someone on here said the tigers were still in ot with 10 to go but that was a false economy created by some lopsided referee's decisions.
Give some credit were credit is due!!!!
Given an even run by the officials we would have won by 25-30 points.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
boonboon said:
They cant play in rain

Manly had the luck
Are you being serious?
Manly games suits the rain better without Orford? What is that sh1t dribbling out of your mouth?
Tigers were lucky they didnt get done by 30.

mepelthwack

Juniors
I agree with Boonboon and Saab in their respective comments to be honest.

The runaway wet weather wooden spooners are without a doubt the Wests Tigers.

Clock watcher said:
But taking into account the Tigers Try should have been disalowed and the eagles had 4 try's disalowed.

Stewart didn't even get near him, he seemed more interested in sticking his arm out to tag Marshall.

yes people can blame the rain or they want but the problem is more than that Benji needs too be dropped or benched he needs too ragain hes fitness cause he looks lost out there

Morris may not have played well but at least he tried he was one of the onlyh guys on our team too break the line and he also had a great short quicking game

CharlieF said:
I know stats don't mean much and I know what you are saying about the crap WT effort, but have a look at these interesting statistics

WT made 331 tackles to Manlys 315
WT made 16 handling errors compared to manlys 15.
WT made 23 missed tackles compoared to Manly 21.

penalties went to the WT at a rate of 2 to 1.

Possesion was pretty even.

yes manly can complain about losing orford all they want but it seems likie there forgetting Monaghan is a natural halfback

wittyfan

Referee
effnic said:
:lol: You need to learn to watch football and not perve on the players, f**k you have no idea on rugby league and every one of your pathetic posts prove it especially this one.

Now now effie. You don't want another holiday from these forums! :lol:

brooksy19

Bench
Ryan "Hands on Hips" did nothing in PL to deserve a call up, he didn''t look interested, took one hit up every 2 sets and surrendd in the tackle.

innsaneink

Referee
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Except if they bomb to Moodie's wing.

FFS, does anyone see Moodie as a bloke who seems to think that running 1/2 speed sideways is a good thing?

Glad I'm not alone, this sh*ts me to tears.

effnic

Bench
Tigers fans have to understand manly played in the wet to you know. I thought manly played good wet weather footy doing the basics and grinding it out, so to me thats good footy adjusting to conditions. Tigers just didnt adjust. Lets not forget the 40 dissallowed tries we got.