What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21 2024: Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 26th

Eelogical

Referee
JR will have nothing to do with current coaching but he sure will be working behind the scenes to ensure that he will be starting off on the front foot come 2025.
Ryles has nothing to do with coaching of the team this year. It’s all Barrett for the remainder. Ryles planning and preparing for 2025.
Yep, understood. But I suspect he has some input somewhere (behind the scenes) to give him a head start for 2025. I mean, it could be as simple as a suggestion to TB on where and who to play over the remaining rounds - the NRL's longest off season/trial series.

Noise

Coach
Yep, understood. But I suspect he has some input somewhere (behind the scenes) to give him a head start for 2025. I mean, it could be as simple as a suggestion to TB on where and who to play over the remaining rounds - the NRL's longest off season/trial series.
Trent Barrett made it pretty clear last week that he is putting players where he sees fit.

yy_cheng

Coach
It's pretty stupid if you ask me. JR should be able to say i want guth at 6 and Blaize at 1 now.

What a better time to get experience and see how they perform at nrl level.

Barrett can coach the team still but it should be 6 weeks of trials against nrl teams

Yes they might struggle but it is how you learn from mistakes and real life experiences

JokerEel

Coach
It's pretty stupid if you ask me. JR should be able to say i want guth at 6 and Blaize at 1 now.

Barrett can coach the team still but it should be 6 weeks of trials against nrl teams

Yes they might struggle but it is how you learn from mistakes and real life experiences

Have you met the Parramatta Eels?

King-Gutho94

Coach

Ryles telling Barrett he won't be here may have ended any possibility of helping each other out I suspect

JokerEel

Coach
The fact Barrett was adamant Gutho is playing 1 and Talagi would play centre and it’s ‘disrespectful’ to Gutho to suggest otherwise tells me Barrett is doing what he wants to do.

You are probably right though Blaize should be playing fullback...

In NSW cup ffs

Chipmunk

Coach
The fact Barrett was adamant Gutho is playing 1 and Talagi would play centre and it’s ‘disrespectful’ to Gutho to suggest otherwise tells me Barrett is doing what he wants to do.
All of this talk about Gutho not being Captain, and Talagi playing fullback is nothing more than journalististic opinion. There's no quotes from anyone that would know Jack Shit about what Ryles is thinking.

Journalist Opinion is no different than any other f**ker's opinion in this forum, and needs to be called it when it is just their view of the world rather than factual reporting.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
All of this talk about Gutho not being Captain, and Talagi playing fullback is nothing more than journalististic opinion. There's no quotes from anyone that would know Jack Shit about what Ryles is thinking.

Journalist Opinion is no different than any other f**ker's opinion in this forum, and needs to be called it when it is just their view of the world rather than factual reporting.
Lots of bullshit journalism, but they are used at times to leak shit and put things out there. I'm inclined to believe that Gutho wont be captain next year and I think it would take a brave person to bet against that.

Noise

Coach

Players, managers, staff all leak things to journos. I’m pretty confident Moses will be captain, Gutho won’t play the full season at fullback next year and we are trying to move on at least Matto and Sivo, despite no direct quotes from the eels.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's a good point. Maybe the request has already come through and Barrett's not having it.

Chipmunk

Coach
Players, managers, staff all leak things to journos. I’m pretty confident Moses will be captain, Gutho won’t play the full season at fullback next year and we are trying to move on at least Matto and Sivo, despite no direct quotes from the eels.
I can't see Ryles making a decision to change the Captain without setting foot in the place, and if he did have a view, I doubt he would've told anyone. That I think is pure opinion journalism, and based on Zero fact.

I don't think Gutho will play fullback after this season, but I also don't think he tell Talagi he'd play fullback. I think it will be Gutho needing to play somewhere else rather than him having to make way for someone.

The players being told to move on I think is close to the mark.