What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Knights LIVE GAME DAY thread 10/8/19

hindy111

Post Whore
Dylan Browns pass was a bit early to Gutho. He could’ve drawn him in a bit more. Saying that Gutho should have scored from there. For Ponga to turn around and chase him down, that’s what you call a freak

I thought the same thing. He should of pulled wider to make the gap larger between Ponga and Guth. He didn't commit Ponga to tackling him and always shaped to pass. The perfect play is not only to pass but to be able to make contact with the fullback after release the ball and take him out or slow him up atleast.

eel01s

Bench
The worst part about this call is there was a kick around the half way line from the Knights where 2 of their players we about 3 metres in front of the kicker and tackled our player in a dominant tackle putting us on the blackfoot to start the set.......NOTHING!!!!!

So they manage to find us being off-side by possibly a millimetre (but looked ok on replay) but they miss 2 players, 3 metres in front of the kicker (in front of the touch judge too by the way) which should have been the easiest call of the night.

Both were at crucial times of the game when the game is in the balance and one team got the call and one team did not........

The incompetence from these clowns is frustrating. Shoulder charges that aren't shoulder charges, off-sides that aren't off sides and off-sides they are off-sides not called off-sides.

The problem is that they are also reactionary, a coupe of weeks ago Ponga does the same thing (only difference is that it was high as well) and they sin bin him (incorrectly, should have just been a penalty) so when he does it again they let it go because they f**ked up so royal last time.

They have a tough job no doubt and some of the rules cause the issues but simple things like off-sides should not be missed as consistently as they are. It goes for every team too, we have benefited as well so i am not saying we are always dudded, my problem is that the times they call it and the times they don't even care how off-side a player is baffles me. And my biggest pet peeve is the hand on the ball penalty, 1 in every 100 is called a penalty but they missed the last 99 and then they call it randomly, it drives me f**king crazy, especially when teams like Melbourne never have their hand off the ball!!!

Anyways, we won, i'm happy and we have won while looking like a bottom 4 team.......Fergo will make a big difference and i am kinda glad he has had time to rest. Moeroa has to go, hopefully Evans comes back and i wouldn't be upset to see Jennings get a couple of weeks off to get his knee right too.

The most impressive part of the game was us lifting after letting the Knights dominate us for the first 10 minutes of the second half, yes they got extremely lucky with that "off-side" call but they lifted and scored after that and were getting good roll on. We then lifted and took the game back from them.......a second gear is something we don't usually have.

The downside to that though was that we looked gassed by the last 10 minutes and against the good teams, they don't do that and they will walk over us, like the Roosters game earlier in the year.

You could tell we had nothing in that last 10 but thankfully neither did the Knights and we looked like we knew that too hence why we were just playing completions and not trying anything fancy to put the game out of their reach.........
I've seen worse off-sides than that get called OK for a try.

I thought the one where he got the quick tap after he caught it on the full in the in-goal and not one Knights player ever retreated the 10 metres and still tackled him was pretty funny.

Why have the concept of a quick tap (in any circumstance) for advantage and then not bother penalising that advantage is beyond me.......again, it is not something that annoys me in terms of the Eels, it just bugs me in general cause you see it every weekend (no matter which game) and the referees rarely blow the penalty and then BAM! every 100 times they penalise one just to baffle the f**k out of every fan.......and they wonder why they cop so much shit on social media for being shit!
I think they tackled him on the 30m line meaning he had run 10m . Only just though

Kornstar

Coach
I think they tackled him on the 30m line meaning he had run 10m . Only just though

Contact was before the 10 metre line, so he had not run 10 metres. I am not one of those fans who gets carried at a game when a team is inside the 10 (whether from a kick, or play the ball) but don't actually get to the player once he has run 10 metres, i am cool with that.

I do however get the shits when in those situations where they are letting the team get an advantage by letting them get a quick play and not make the defensive line set before play can start but they still let the team commit a tackle off-side. They may swell just go back to how they used to do it and make the play stop until everyone is ready.

Kornstar

Coach
I think he is leaving at the right time. I'd rather a year too early than one too late.

When he is on he is a beast but i do think he goes missing/quiet at times and the fact he is getting on in age i think i can live with the decision.

If he was willing to just play for the 1 year contract we offered i think he would have still been very good next year but i agree with not wanting him for 2 more years.

Soto

Bench
Was at the game last night and deadset the Knoughts were offside most of the night. Glasby and Barnett were the 2 main culprits constantly rushing up before the ball had even been played.
At the end of the day we scored 4 tries to 2. Moses's goal kicking was off last night but overall his goal kicking has been great this year. Rather the poor goal kicking performance has now happened and he is back next week and for the rest of the year slotting them over from all over the field.
Glad we got the win, glad we just about ended the Knoughts season, glad we fought back when they started powering over us and also glad when the Knoughts supportes started their chant..i love joining in and chanting "u arse hole" "u arse hole"...
And gee it was effen cold at the Stadium last night. Arctic blast from coming across the Cronin stand..
Go parra..great win

Gronk

Staff member
Was at the game last night and deadset the Knoughts were offside most of the night. Glasby and Barnett were the 2 main culprits constantly rushing up before the ball had even been played.
At the end of the day we scored 4 tries to 2. Moses's goal kicking was off last night but overall his goal kicking has been great this year. Rather the poor goal kicking performance has now happened and he is back next week and for the rest of the year slotting them over from all over the field.
Glad we got the win, glad we just about ended the Knoughts season, glad we fought back when they started powering over us and also glad when the Knoughts supportes started their chant..i love joining in and chanting "u arse hole" "u arse hole"...
And gee it was effen cold at the Stadium last night. Arctic blast from coming across the Cronin stand..
Go parra..great win

That Barnett merkin can play.

TheRam

Coach
Waqa was credited with 6 missed tackles. I don’t remember him missing any.

Niukore was great off the bench. Ran for something like 130m and they were hard runs. He needs to play like that consistently.

When they scored those two quick tries and were rolling up the field with ease, I thought we were gone. I’m glad the players now have more resilience than some of the fans (myself included).

Hopefully we can keep building over the next four weeks and peak for the finals.

Resilience? Mate we've been waiting and hanging around for more then 30 years ffs.

Go parra..great win

Couldn’t get to attend the game but watched it on telly. The Refs allowed the Knights to get the start and rush up in defence. Pretty much as soon as we caught the ball from dummy half they were making a tackle. Previous team to do that to us were Panthers and the refs we’re to scared to penalise in that game as well. These refs are the worst batch of refs I’ve seen in my life time.

Soto

Bench
Couldn’t get to attend the game but watched it on telly. The Refs allowed the Knights to get the start and rush up in defence. Pretty much as soon as we caught the ball from dummy half they were making a tackle. Previous team to do that to us were Panthers and the refs we’re to scared to penalise in that game as well. These refs are the worst batch of refs I’ve seen in my life time.
They are pretty bad and it would be a very tough job but can someone explain what touchies actually do?
They miss blatant fwd passes, they don't tip the refs teams are way offside, they put the flag up 10 metres further back from where the ball was kicked out and they never rush in anymore like they used to.
Most insignificant match officials of any sporting code in the world

They are pretty bad and it would be a very tough job but can someone explain what touchies actually do?
They miss blatant fwd passes, they don't tip the refs teams are way offside, they put the flag up 10 metres further back from where the ball was kicked out and they never rush in anymore like they used to.
Most insignificant match officials of any sporting code in the world
f**ken oath they do! And it's not something they should be ruling on in the modern game as they are literally not in the best position to do it.

hindy111

Post Whore
gee we are gonna miss Ma'u, shame we couldn't hang onto him for another year or so

I dont think we will miss him. We will fill his spot. And better gone a year early then a year late.
Special mention to Mannah,Cayless and Hindmarsh.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ya reckon with that no try to Gutho where Ponga chased him down that Drown passed early and if so possibly as a result of his non pass last week where he took on Norman rather than passing to support?
I guess its all experience but I wonder if he had a rocket put up him through the week.

T.S Quint

Coach
Ya reckon with that no try to Gutho where Ponga chased him down that Drown passed early and if so possibly as a result of his non pass last week where he took on Norman rather than passing to support?
I guess its all experience but I wonder if he had a rocket put up him through the week.

I didn’t think he passed too early. He probably could have positioned himself better to get Gutho over the line but what he did was ok.
What I was most happy about was Gutho holding onto the ball and taking the tackle when he could have tried to force a pass back to Brown. He knew he had tackles up his sleeve, and we scored not long after because of this.

Latest posts