What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2022: Non Parra games

hindy111

Post Whore
not only about going home. I don’t think we beat the roosters or south’s if we meet them. I think we’re a better chance of beating Melbourne or Penrith.

Agree they'll smoke us. Best would be 4th spot and Panthers. If lost whichbis likely might get lucky and face Brisbane the following week or Storm in Sydney. Then Sharks. That would be our best route to GF.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
not only about going home. I don’t think we beat the roosters or south’s if we meet them. I think we’re a better chance of beating Melbourne or Penrith.
Need to beat Broncos and Melbourne to play Penrith in week 1. Can’t see us winning all three in a row.

84 Baby

Referee
Need to beat Broncos and Melbourne to play Penrith in week 1. Can’t see us winning all three in a row.
The way I see it:
1. Finish 4th - win at Penrith or week 2 is hosting Scum, Souffs or Rorters.
2. Finish 5th - host Boncos, Rorters or Canbra, a win and rewarded with travelling to Scumland or Riff with them coming off loss.
3. Finish 6th - host Rorters or Boncos then week 2 is travelling Shark Park (where we have struggled & possibly their first final since rebuild) or Townsville…
4. Finish 7th/8th - pushing shit up hill from the get go but at least we won’t be favourites.
5. Finish 9th - out with BA, in with BArrett…

lucablight

First Grade
Roosters are a different proposition of late. Arguably one of the form teams at the moment. I’d prefer to avoid them.
I agreed that they’d be problematic but they’re not insurmountable. In saying that I’d rather play the Sharks or Cowboys than them in an elimination final.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The way I see it:
1. Finish 4th - win at Penrith or week 2 is hosting Scum, Souffs or Rorters.
2. Finish 5th - host Boncos, Rorters or Canbra, a win and rewarded with travelling to Scumland or Riff with them coming off loss.
3. Finish 6th - host Rorters or Boncos then week 2 is travelling Shark Park (where we have struggled & possibly their first final since rebuild) or Townsville…
4. Finish 7th/8th - pushing shit up hill from the get go but at least we won’t be favourites.
5. Finish 9th - out with BA, in with BArrett…
I don’t think there is any guarantee Penrith/Sharks will host finals, think the NRL can move game if they are expecting a bigger crowd (could be wrong but heard a journo mention it)

UPDATE - panthers probably can host week 1, but sharks may not. Week 2 and 3 up to the NRL:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’m just saying we’re more of a chance against the panthers over the roosters/south’s
Of the current teams in the 8 I’d rate our chances of a win from highest to lowest in the following order:

1. Broncos
2. Sharks
3. Cowboys
4. Panthers
5. Roosters
6. Rabbits
7. Storm

I’d have given us a better chance against the Storm or the Roosters earlier in the season but both teams have improved considerably.

IFR33K

Coach
We’ve beaten the Rooster already and could have easily beaten them twice this season if we kept the pressure on in the first game.

Second game they were missing quite a few stars.

fully fit and they are stringing wins together. It was only 5-6 weeks ago they were outside the 8 and looking shakey. Now they look as thou they can beat anyone anywhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if they make it to the prelim.

lucablight

First Grade
Second game they were missing quite a few stars.

fully fit and they are stringing wins together. It was only 5-6 weeks ago they were outside the 8 and looking shakey. Now they look as thou they can beat anyone anywhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if they make it to the prelim.
I doubt it would have made much of a difference if we played like we did in that first half.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t think there is any guarantee Penrith/Sharks will host finals, think the NRL can move game if they are expecting a bigger crowd (could be wrong but heard a journo mention it)
Will be interesting to see if NRL follow through with that. We hosted Souths couple years ago even though Homebush would’ve got double through gate. Although Commbank does also hold more than BlueBalls or PointsBet.
Also pretty sure the NRL have never forced a move week 1, so if we played Smugs, it’d highly likely be there not Homebush.
Sharks would be interesting one. Possibly they compromise with SFS but it wouldn’t be ideal for either team

84 Baby

Referee
Of the current teams in the 8 I’d rate our chances of a win from highest to lowest in the following order:

1. Broncos
2. Sharks
3. Cowboys
4. Panthers
5. Roosters
6. Rabbits
7. Storm

I’d have given us a better chance against the Storm or the Roosters earlier in the season but both teams have improved considerably.
3. Cows in Sydney
5. Cows in the tropics

But also I just think it’s as simple as we match up better against Penrith/Melbourne than we do Broncos/Sharks than we do Cows/Roosters than we do Souths.
Doesn’t mean we’re more likely to win, it just means if both teams play their best games, we’re more likely to be competitive against Penrith/Melbourne than we are Souths.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
3. Cows in Sydney
5. Cows in the tropics

But also I just think it’s as simple as we match up better against Penrith/Melbourne than we do Broncos/Sharks than we do Cows/Roosters than we do Souths.
Doesn’t mean we’re more likely to win, it just means if both teams play their best games, we’re more likely to be competitive against Penrith/Melbourne than we are Souths.
If we play the Cows in Townsville I’m making the 4hr drive south and will heckle the shit out of them during the game.

Latest posts