not only about going home. I don’t think we beat the roosters or south’s if we meet them. I think we’re a better chance of beating Melbourne or Penrith.
The way I see it:Need to beat Broncos and Melbourne to play Penrith in week 1. Can’t see us winning all three in a row.
I agreed that they’d be problematic but they’re not insurmountable. In saying that I’d rather play the Sharks or Cowboys than them in an elimination final.Roosters are a different proposition of late. Arguably one of the form teams at the moment. I’d prefer to avoid them.
I don’t think there is any guarantee Penrith/Sharks will host finals, think the NRL can move game if they are expecting a bigger crowd (could be wrong but heard a journo mention it)The way I see it:
1. Finish 4th - win at Penrith or week 2 is hosting Scum, Souffs or Rorters.
2. Finish 5th - host Boncos, Rorters or Canbra, a win and rewarded with travelling to Scumland or Riff with them coming off loss.
3. Finish 6th - host Rorters or Boncos then week 2 is travelling Shark Park (where we have struggled & possibly their first final since rebuild) or Townsville…
4. Finish 7th/8th - pushing shit up hill from the get go but at least we won’t be favourites.
5. Finish 9th - out with BA, in with BArrett…
Of the current teams in the 8 I’d rate our chances of a win from highest to lowest in the following order:I’m just saying we’re more of a chance against the panthers over the roosters/south’s
We’ve beaten the Rooster already and could have easily beaten them twice this season if we kept the pressure on in the first game.
I doubt it would have made much of a difference if we played like we did in that first half.Second game they were missing quite a few stars.
fully fit and they are stringing wins together. It was only 5-6 weeks ago they were outside the 8 and looking shakey. Now they look as thou they can beat anyone anywhere. Wouldn’t be surprised if they make it to the prelim.
Will be interesting to see if NRL follow through with that. We hosted Souths couple years ago even though Homebush would’ve got double through gate. Although Commbank does also hold more than BlueBalls or PointsBet.I don’t think there is any guarantee Penrith/Sharks will host finals, think the NRL can move game if they are expecting a bigger crowd (could be wrong but heard a journo mention it)
3. Cows in SydneyOf the current teams in the 8 I’d rate our chances of a win from highest to lowest in the following order:
I’d have given us a better chance against the Storm or the Roosters earlier in the season but both teams have improved considerably.
If we play the Cows in Townsville I’m making the 4hr drive south and will heckle the shit out of them during the game.3. Cows in Sydney
5. Cows in the tropics
But also I just think it’s as simple as we match up better against Penrith/Melbourne than we do Broncos/Sharks than we do Cows/Roosters than we do Souths.
Doesn’t mean we’re more likely to win, it just means if both teams play their best games, we’re more likely to be competitive against Penrith/Melbourne than we are Souths.