What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2024: 8pm Eels v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 9th

84 Baby

Referee
I think it has moved on from a Concourse walkout to turn in your seat, face away from the field and chant something about sacking O'Neill.

EDIT: If they try and hand me some flyer encouraging me to chant some crap, I am going to screw it up and toss it back at them.
I’m just going to start singing hymns

Oh God our help in ages past
Our hope for years to come
Our shelter from the stormy blast
And our eternal home.

Under the shadow of thy throne
Thy saints have dwelt secure
Sufficient in thine arm alone
And our defence is sure.

I think that second verse really hammers home the point

The Predictor

Juniors
There will be maybe 10 all up imo.
Penauts.
What are they protesting? Not winning. That is sport. Warriors,Brisbane, Souths have had more dissapointing seasons. Atleast us and Brisbane have had a huge injury toll. And both have/had bush coaches.
Injury saw another Panther jersey in the inner west. That's 2 this week. Lol
Motherf**kers are jumping on the Bandwagon.
I guess winning fk all of nothing for almost 40 years? I won’t be partaking, though they are shit

Suitman

Post Whore
The Wanderers have had protests like this before but they have mostly been against the governing body of the A-League and have been supported by other clubs who also protested, and they have ultimately been rather successful.
If some Eels fans feel the need to protest against our club, that is their right. It is also the right of other fans to disregard this protest and refuse to participate.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out but I suspect that Eels fans are generally "meh" about this sort of stuff so I suspect it will be a non-event.

TheParraboy

Staff member
here we go batman GIF

Suitman

Post Whore
Hope we look to kick it out on last. Force them to ruck it out off a play the ball against a set defence rather than at our terrible kick chase. Slow the game down a bit to suit us rather than play at their speed
Absolutely.
Brian Smith used that tactic against a rampant Broncos back in the day and it worked a treat.