What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2024: 8pm Eels v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 9th

JokerEel

Coach
Clear separation between the feet of Talagi and Martin, if anything Martin trod on Talagi's foot although I doubt this as Blaize had no trouble moving away.

Makes you wonder if that Bunker audio was actually recorded later on Friday evening...

View attachment 92357

So Martin made contact with 2 Eels players!

Definitely looks like Blaize is initiating contact as well

Gherkin

Juniors
So Martin made contact with 2 Eels players!

Definitely looks like Blaize is initiating contact as well
He took out two players which cancel each other out resulting in no penalty.

All this BS about inside shoulder, you still can’t run straight into defenders and take them out.

JokerEel

Coach
He took out two players which cancel each other out resulting in no penalty.

All this BS about inside shoulder, you still can’t run straight into defenders and take them out.

Another thing every one is missing he wasn't running a straight line it was outside in

Wally21

Bench
Clear separation between the feet of Talagi and Martin, if anything Martin trod on Talagi's foot although I doubt this as Blaize had no trouble moving away.

Makes you wonder if that Bunker audio was actually recorded later on Friday evening...

View attachment 92357

Annesly tries to convince us that Martin was aiming for a gap between Lane and Asi yet fails to take into account the angle of Martin's run put him inside Talagi (who had his feet planted) and he only reason Martin ends up on Asi's inside was because Asi was moving outwards. But nothing to see here of course.
I’ve heard everything now. Annesley is a f**king joke. Time for PVL to f**k him off. Similar to the culture at our club, an Annesley making all sorts of ludicrous excuses leads to a culture of no accountability. Get f**ked merkin

King-Gutho94

Coach

Just to rub salt into the wounds in the 11 play the balls in there sequence of scoring 3 tries.

According to this only one was probably played correctly.

The rest there wasn't much attempt and basically just tunnel ball.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’ve heard everything now. Annesley is a f**king joke. Time for PVL to f**k him off. Similar to the culture at our club, an Annesley making all sorts of ludicrous excuses leads to a culture of no accountability. Get f**ked merkin
Ill tell you what is a good measuring stick with the NRL and how badly they stuffed up.

Is if the coaches have a crack after the game and they don't get fined.

In the Greenberg era i reckon Barrett gets fined for using the word lottery.

These days they know there incompetent so the coaches can push the edge but the NRL don't want to keep the attention on it so they tick off the decision as correct but let Barrett off the hook at the same time.

I noticed Barrett had another crack at Annesley after his explanation yesterday

Caretaker coach Trent Barrett was stunned the bunker even reviewed the play and still awarded the try.

“Casey was at least one and a half metres offside,” Barrett told this masthead on Monday. “By all reports they checked it, but to still say he was onside is beyond me.
“It’s hard to sit there in review on Monday knowing there are things we can control, but things we can’t control, and that decision was just wrong.

It’s already extremely difficult when we know we can’t make the semi-finals, and we know there are guys who won’t be at the club next year.

“I’ve had to pick the boys up today. They’re shattered. I’m proud of the way they keep turning up for each other, and they will do that again on Friday.”

"Barrett disagreed with the ruling. “I can’t accept that explanation,” he said. “If that was inside the 20m, would they have given it a try? They wouldn’t have. Regardless of how Liam Martin hits Daejarn, he’s knocked him over, DJ was left on the ground because of the contact, and he was out of play. ”