What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

Noise

Coach
Brown would have redeemed himself if he'd have given his own melon a jobbing. He obviously lacks composure when things go awry. Losing control doesn't help any team except the opposition.
He almost lost his shit earlier than his sin bin when Lachlan Lewis held on too long in the tackle. He went berserk over nothing and Gutho had to hold him back. If Gutho wasn;t there who knows what he would have done.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah agreed, cos our pack isn’t good enough. Which gets me back to my point...
Our pack still won the ruck tonight though, made over 200 more metres. Our pack isn't good enough to compete against the top sides but they still were good enough to dominate a shitty Canterbury side. Once again this club talking itself and it's players up and once again they shit the bed. But yeah we just need a few better forwards.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't agree. Coming from the spoon to where we are now has been a major step forward. Our team is looking good in many positions. At this stage of proceedings, I'm happy enough for the Eels to be in finals contention. A couple of top line extra players with a bench that doesn't give anything away and we can go that extra step.
I just don't see it under this coach, at least brown knew he couldn't get his team to the next level..........

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Can I use mine? My stat is that Brown took the ball on the 4th inside their 20 at least 5 times. He then gets dominated, we get to the 5th and we kick it. Do any of our halves know how to play a little straighter? Too much sideways shit tonight.

Even when he’s not dominated he plays the ball slow. There’s no logic behind his 4th tackle settlers.

Noise

Coach
I really hope we don’t limp into the finals with two losses but it’s a good bet now.
Very possible we could limp in with 3 losses (Dogs, Brisbane away and Manly at home). Also possible we could miss out completely.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And there is a 15-20min period in the game he is rendered useless in attack when he goes to dummy half. That doesn't help either.

Yeah I don’t understand using Gutho there. Especially when we have other options, and we don’t give our bench large minutes, so we can carry someone else for the role to only play 20mins

Even start with Matt McIlwrivk for the first 20.

Eelogical

Referee
A lot of standing and passing in the Dogs red zone from our guys made us easy targets. Not a lot of running on to the ball combined with no real plan in attack contributed to the loss. The Dogs deserved the win, good luck to them for taking their chances.

IFR33K

Coach
Am I wrong in thinking that Gutherson’s attacking game seems really lacking lately? He has the odd dart from dummy half, and his support play is still decent, but he was pretty easily shut down all night. I do wonder if he’s getting a bit gassed from replacing Mahoney for a stint, or otherwise if he’s just lost that flair he had a couple of seasons ago.

When he goes to dummy half, we are then essentially playing without a fb in attack.

Noise

Coach
Yeah I don’t understand using Gutho there. Especially when we have other options, and we don’t give our bench large minutes, so we can carry someone else for the role to only play 20mins

Even start with Matt McIlwrivk for the first 20.
It's the dumbest tactic ever. Our line speed goes to shit with Mahoney off too.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Our pack still won the ruck tonight though, made over 200 more metres. Our pack isn't good enough to compete against the top sides but they still were good enough to dominate a shitty Canterbury side. Once again this club talking itself and it's players up and once again they shit the bed. But yeah we just need a few better forwards.....

We made 200 more metres against the team coming what, 10th? It’s not really anything to hang your hat on. As I mentioned in a previous post, we aren’t, nor ever were winning the comp this season. Anyone who remotely thought otherwise either is watching through blue and gold tinted glasses or has somehow managed to miss games played by Melbourne, The Roosters and Canberra this year. Our pack is short on some quality and until that’s addressed we won’t progress.

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol the things you lot will whinge about are hilarious.

Champion Data >>> NRL.com. It's way more accurate. Believe it or don't, but at least admit that if there are three stats sites with three different stats, your stat is every bit as likely to be wrong as you believe the Champion Data one is.

Fact is Brown is pretty crucial to our side, which was the original point before I stupidly allowed myself to get railroaded by nitpicking whingers, and anyone saying we're better off with him suspended is chromosomally deficient

Happy MEel

First Grade

Champion Data >>> NRL.com. It's way more accurate. Believe it or don't, but at least admit that if there are three stats sites with three different stats, your stat is every bit as likely to be wrong as you believe the Champion Data one is.

Fact is Brown is pretty crucial to our side, which was the original point before I stupidly allowed myself to get railroaded by nitpicking whingers, and anyone saying we're better off with him suspended is chromosomally deficient
Hang on, we’ve said no such thing about Champion Data. It’s you that has said NRL stats is shit house so surely it’s on you to point out why. We simply questioned your point about them being the official provider and provided alternative data challenging your claim that Brown had better stats than Jackson tonight.

Noise

Coach

But you were making wildly baseless claims that champion data are better and more accurate because they are the official stats provider. It isn't and you were making shit up. And what was the point of that article from the SMH? To show that Roy Masters looked at their stats?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We made 200 more metres against the team coming what, 10th? It’s not really anything to hang your hat on. As I mentioned in a previous post, we aren’t, nor ever were winning the comp this season. Anyone who remotely thought otherwise either is watching through blue and gold tinted glasses or has somehow managed to miss games played by Melbourne, The Roosters and Canberra this year. Our pack is short on some quality and until that’s addressed we won’t progress.
You are the one flicking your bean that we just need a few forwards, we are light years away. We fell in against the Knights who are coming 10th and everyone was jizzing all over the place........

It doesn't help we have a coach who continually makes idiotic decisions like playing a fullback at 9 for 20 mins or still after 5 years having no idea how to use a bench properly. Holbrook has been snapped up and O'Brien will be gone next. While we will be stuck with BA, at least we have some stability.........