What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
For the people watching at home last night, what was the reason Moses was penalised after putting a bomb up, chasing through and being the first player to get to the player catching the ball?

Are they suggesting that you can only put players on side as long as they are 10 metres behind you? Cause i feel like they miss A LOT of penalties and just chose to blow one then for shits and giggles?

This is just a question, we were shit and we should have won easily regardless of referees it is just at the game it made no sense.

They were saying Dylan Brown was in front of the kicker and also inside the 10 by the time Moses put him onside. At least that’s what I thought they were saying on Fox.

Kornstar

Coach
They were saying Dylan Brown was in front of the kicker and also inside the 10 by the time Moses put him onside. At least that’s what I thought they were saying on Fox.

Which means that they miss that multiple times every game and never blow a penalty. It happens all the time.

What a weird time to decide to apply the rules.

For the people watching at home last night, what was the reason Moses was penalised after putting a bomb up, chasing through and being the first player to get to the player catching the ball?

Are they suggesting that you can only put players on side as long as they are 10 metres behind you? Cause i feel like they miss A LOT of penalties and just chose to blow one then for shits and giggles?

This is just a question, we were shit and we should have won easily regardless of referees it is just at the game it made no sense.
I can't remember the exact details but it wasn't Moses who was penalised. It was one of the other players, who got within 10m and so couldn't be put onside. But yeah, offside stuff is a lottery on whether it gets called.

Kornstar

Coach
I can't remember the exact details but it wasn't Moses who was penalised. It was one of the other players, who got within 10m and so couldn't be put onside. But yeah, offside stuff is a lottery on whether it gets called.

They just don't know what they're doing anymore tbh, they make some terrible decisions very week which are just hard to understand.

Kornstar

Coach
Dylan Brown got within the 10m before Moses ran him onside - which means Brown was offside.

Thanks and i'm cool with it but they never call that, like ever. Usually they are happy for the kicker to run everyone onside.

Just like the penalty try, i watch a lot of footy and i have seen penalties for the foot being thrown out but not a penalty try. I am completely happy with the decision cause it is the rule, but they don't apply it that way very much........

emjaycee

Coach
Thanks and i'm cool with it but they never call that, like ever. Usually they are happy for the kicker to run everyone onside.

Just like the penalty try, i watch a lot of footy and i have seen penalties for the foot being thrown out but not a penalty try. I am completely happy with the decision cause it is the rule, but they don't apply it that way very much........
I just watched the first half again. When Hoppa scores from the first angle, the ball comes down near Gutho's boot. The commentators start going on about him (Gutho) kicking at the ball. After the try is awarded, they show some other angles and there is no way Gutho strikes at the ball. His foot is in the in-goal and near where the ball ends up because he is leveraging to get a grab on Hoppa and drag him back. Was therefore surprised to hear the pocket ref tell Gutho that if the video ref hadn't of given it, they would have awarded a penalty try for lashing out with his boot.

Looks like the Moses penalty try was decided in the first half by the "no agenda" refs. This was the right call at the time, but they definitely had appeared to have an agenda. Not unlike the call on the Drown inside the 10 rule.

traffoed10

Juniors
Too many bedwetters on here! Harden up merkins! The top 4 awaits and a top 4 side puts a team like Canterbury to the sword at this stage of the season. Go Parra!

Haha...top 4.
You blokes are crap.
Out 1st week of the finals, nothing but pretenders.

Bazal

Post Whore
Two posts, trolls another side in their forum with the second one.

Hello, it's another alt!

traffoed10

Juniors
Thanks buddy.
We had no idea other people had the same impression of our team.

I haven't seen many Parramatta games this season but watched Thursday.
If that was anything to go by, then bye bye first week of the finals.

Also that fatball Brown, an I'll disciplined thug. He will be a liability if you do at some time in the future somehow make it into 2nd week & beyond in a finals series.

emjaycee

Coach
I haven't seen many Parramatta games this season but watched Thursday.
If that was anything to go by, then bye bye first week of the finals.

Also that fatball Brown, an I'll disciplined thug. He will be a liability if you do at some time in the future somehow make it into 2nd week & beyond in a finals series.
Yeah I know. We are definitely gone first week of the finals if we play as crap as we did on Thursday night. I mean FFS, the Bulldogs played so much better than we did and even managed to score 2 tries against our crap team.

And don't get me started on Brown. You are spot on - the guys is an ill-disciplined thug. Did you see that head butt he put onto Sivo - what kind of wanker does that?? Oh that's right, it was the dogs thug that used the head butt wasn't it?

traffoed10

Juniors
Yeah I know. We are definitely gone first week of the finals if we play as crap as we did on Thursday night. I mean FFS, the Bulldogs played so much better than we did and even managed to score 2 tries against our crap team.

And don't get me started on Brown. You are spot on - the guys is an ill-disciplined thug. Did you see that head butt he put onto Sivo - what kind of wanker does that?? Oh that's right, it was the dogs thug that used the head butt wasn't it?

I grew up in Winston Hills.
Everyone must be going soft out Parramatta way if you think what Smith did was a head butt.
He was leaning in to say something, just got his spacial awareness wrong.

Hey we know we're shit, thing is you blokes think you're good!!
Typical Parra supporter caught in a reality disfunction.

Kornstar

Coach
I grew up in Winston Hills.
Everyone must be going soft out Parramatta way if you think what Smith did was a head butt.
He was leaning in to say something, just got his spacial awareness wrong.

Hey we know we're shit, thing is you blokes think you're good!!
Typical Parra supporter caught in a reality disfunction.

I've never met a Parra fan who thinks our team is good, except maybe @Gronk but i think he drinks a lot.

We know you're a troll and obviously have special needs so we'll leave you alone.

Bazal

Post Whore
I've never met a Parra fan who thinks our team is good, except maybe @Gronk but i think he drinks a lot.

We know you're a troll and obviously have special needs so we'll leave you alone.

That's not necessarily a factor. I mean I drink way more than Gronk and I think we're mediocre...

traffoed10

Juniors

What are you talking about..
At the start of this thread there is blokes going on about putting 30 plus on the Dogs and challenging for top 4 and being GF threat.

Maybe they had all been drinking, I didn't think of that.