What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24 2024: 8pm Eels v Chooks GAME DAY THREAD @ Allianz Stadium Aug 16th

King-Gutho94

Coach
What about the drainage at Allianz last night what a disgrace for a 2 year old stadium.

Did all the money get spent poshing up the corporates for the SCG trust and members.

And then they forget about the turf/drainage.

I recall that game against Melbourne at commbank a few years back in 2021 when sivo won the game in the dying mins in atrocious conditions.

The drainage at Commbank was nowhere near as bad as that last night and that game from memory had 4 or 5 days of heavy rain around it.

It was park footy stuff

Wally21

Bench
What about the drainage at Allianz last night what a disgrace for a 2 year old stadium.

Did all the money get spent poshing up the corporates for the SCG trust and members.

And then they forget about the turf/drainage.

I recall that game against Melbourne at commbank a few years back in 2021 when sivo won the game in the dying mins in atrocious conditions.

The drainage at Commbank was nowhere near as bad as that last night and that game from memory had 4 or 5 days of heavy rain around it.

It was park footy stuff
It was appalling KG. I was watching the game from Brookie earlier and there was no standing water from the same storm cell

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Worked out well another masterful idea by BA ..

Blaize was the Aussie under 18s or 19s halfback so our club plays him at centre then goes no wait you should go fullback but we are going to play you in every position in first grade before we actually develop you and your skills and have a clear plan.
It’s what the smart clubs do with their best young talent.

And having plans isn’t the coaches job.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It was appalling KG. I was watching the game from Brookie earlier and there was no standing water from the same storm cell
I was at Brookie on the hill. And left with 30 to go when it started spitting haha and got a prime table at the Brookie Hotel.

It wasn't that bad considering it bucketed down there as well for an asbestos riddled dump.

Someone forget to pay the electricity bill down there no tv screen for last 20 mins of 1st half.

Kasey badger was talking and we had no vision of what she was saying in the bunker.

Screenshot_20240816_185015_Gallery.jpg

Wally21

Bench
I was at Brookie on the hill. And left with 30 to go when it started spitting haha and got a prime table at the Brookie Hotel.

It wasn't that bad considering it bucketed down there as well for an asbestos riddled dump.

Someone forget to pay the electricity bill down there no tv screen for last 20 mins of 1st half.

Kasey badger was talking and we had no vision of what she was saying in the bunker.

View attachment 92588
Mate, it’s a shithole but a great atmosphere. Nothing wrong with a few beers at the Brooke hotel!

View attachment 92588
She was probably making it all up, and the bunker had the same blackout vision as well 😂

Wally21

Bench
It’s what the smart clubs do with their best young talent.

And having plans isn’t the coaches job.
Bring on Ryles Hiney. Judas II can f**k off and stink up the Riff with his genuine lack of speed and complete lack of defence and when the boys say “it was our toughest pre-season ever”, I might actually believe them, considering what Munster said

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Bring on Ryles Hiney. Judas II can f**k off and stink up the Riff with his genuine lack of speed and complete lack of defence and when the boys say “it was our toughest pre-season ever”, I might actually believe them, considering what Munster said
I heard what Munster said and it made me excited for next season, it might be a tough one because some of Brads favs might he upset from the flogging he's going to give them but if they don't like it they can f**k off to Leeds with Sir Baldalot.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I heard what Munster said and it made me excited for next season, it might be a tough one because some of Brads favs might he upset from the flogging he's going to give them but if they don't like it they can f**k off to Leeds with Sir Baldalot.
The irony is BA came from the Melbourne system like Ryles has.

So clearly Ryles has figured out what needs to be done in a pre-season.

Melbourne pre-seasons sound like Army camps.

Last year we go the Hawkesbury river with a bit of rope and a bag.

Then have a BBQ with some beers bush footy style.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I watched both channels post match reviews.
Fox had Munster...Parker said and paraphrasing now that he liked parras performances last couple of weeks and players left are having a crack but knows a season like this players just want it to end. They then threw to Munster.
He said Ryles will clean the joint up, said to parra players after the game at Commbank good luck with ur pre-season you're going to need it once Ryles takes over and then had a little chuckle.
Said Ryles will have this team more mentally tougher and grittier next yr.
Said it will be a different Parra next year.
Also defensive structures under Ryles will be key like what he did when he went back to Storm.
In summary he was very praiseworthy of Ryles. Knows he's tapping players to shape the roster the way he wants and obviously the style he wants them to play.
I'm hoping players he wants gone, go and we start signing players.
We need in my humble opinion
Fullback, Winger, 2nd rower, front rower and a hooker.
If we get these 5 signings we have enough good players to be very competitive again particularly with Ryles approach and Influence.
If he loves Ryles so much come up to Sydney and play for us Cam.

Get those injuries sorted out and pull on the Blue and Gold.

We need grubs that win at all cost attitude.

Unlike our number 6 who floats around like a space cadet.

We had a couple of grubs in Nrown and Reed and since they have left we have become soft footy team with no mongrel whatsoever.

I think it no coincidence either we have gone to shit since they left we lack that intimidator and niggler

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The irony is BA came from the Melbourne system like Ryles has.

So clearly Ryles has figured out what needs to be done in a pre-season.

Melbourne pre-seasons sound like Army camps.

Last year we go the Hawkesbury river with a bit of rope and a bag.

Then have a BBQ with some beers bush footy style.
It's like Bea has done the entire opposite of what Martina does, such a dumb plodder.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gutho with one of best performances in a very well beaten side I’ve seen. Deadset travesty he’s on the same field as these other spuds.

I agree. A month ago I was worried about him for 2025. Ut the last month has given me the confidence he will be fine at fullback.

hindy111

Post Whore
Gould does not want you to get rid of players in case you come after his roster of mercinarys .But you need to to.The forward pack is slow and just not up to the speed of current nrl .Gutherson gets caught out at the back often

Hand over IONGI now.
Guth has a year left then it be curtains.

Soto

Bench

View attachment 92588
She usually operates not watching the screen or game either

King-Gutho94

Coach
Mate, it’s a shithole but a great atmosphere. Nothing wrong with a few beers at the Brooke hotel!
We went to a brewery before the game me and my mate bought 4 cans from the brewery fridge each on the way out to the game stuck them in our pockets and jacket pockets walked in and no security checked. The cans weren't opened when we bought them.

Then we walk past the bar where 100 idiots spend 25 mins lining up for a beer and miss half the game while we have snuck our 7th day brewery pale ale cans in our pockets to stand on the hill and start drinking them.

Fancy lining up 30 mins to get a beer you may as well just watch it at the pub.

Soto

Bench
I agree. A month ago I was worried about him for 2025. Ut the last month has given me the confidence he will be fine at fullback.
In all honesty guth can play anywhere and he will put in that performance.
Get the Iongi to play fullback and guth can mentor from wing centre or lock.
His competitiveness is unreal.
Just a touch too slow with cover defence and going through gaps etc but no-one can ever fault his commitment..
If he's not moved on and retires here I would be looking at giving him a role as a trainer...
You want a bloke like this around

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t mind Gutherson but it’s obvious Hooper with Isaac Moses’ request has begun the bullshit about Saints being interested.

There is no chance we are going to fall for that shit this time. Gutherson will have his last year next year and then be reunited with his mentor in England. Nothing surer.