What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24 2024: 8pm Eels v Chooks GAME DAY THREAD @ Allianz Stadium Aug 16th

hindy111

Post Whore
This is what have never understood. Steve Murphy, according to many on here, has been a fraud or stealing a living for a decade, but nobody can tell me why they think he is bad at his job.

From what I heard, he’s like the legendary Ron Massey (no I am not comparing or saying that he has the tactical genius of RM), he is the coach’s right hand man. The guy who is the glue between the ideas guys and the players. The friend to the players that the coach can’t be. This is what an eels supporter described him as. This guy is a “chaplin” at two major football clubs ⚽️ 🏉 🏈. Not the eels.

The issue is we tolerated laziness like Jnr,Lane,Sivo for years without ever dropping them.
Atleast Barrett has given lazy performances a spell.and rewarded NSW CUP players. That builds competition.

Gronk

Staff member
The issue is we tolerated laziness like Jnr,Lane,Sivo for years without ever dropping them.
Atleast Barrett has given lazy performances a spell.and rewarded NSW CUP players. That builds competition.
You’ve done it again. What has this got to do with Murph ?

Soto

Bench
This is what have never understood. Steve Murphy, according to many on here, has been a fraud or stealing a living for a decade, but nobody can tell me why they think he is bad at his job.

From what I heard, he’s like the legendary Ron Massey (no I am not comparing or saying that he has the tactical genius of RM), he is the coach’s right hand man. The guy who is the glue between the ideas guys and the players. The friend to the players that the coach can’t be. This is what an eels supporter described him as. This guy is a “chaplin” at two major football clubs ⚽️ 🏉 🏈. Not the eels.
That glowing endorsement would have me thinking Ryles would have to be an idiot to tell him see u later...somehow I don't see it.
When personnel the likes of Ennis, McGregor, Ryan Carr, Nathan Brown, Andrew Johns, Brett Kimmorley, David Kidwell and the list goes and granted In different capacities have all moved or been moved on and the only bloke who has been a constant the whole time has remained then I question how and why?
You can't say because of the success because although there have been some finals appearances it's not like we have been left in a position of strength...we are in a massive mess and hence why Ryles is putting an industrial gernie through the joint

Gronk

Staff member
Dude seriously stop defending the former staff..

Their legacy is leaving the team in a steaming pile of shit.
Well how about stop sledging people, when you actually don’t know who or what they do or did ?

I am all about the clean out, but what I don’t understand is that people here have adopted a Mr Bean thing about Murph. What has he done ?

Gronk

Staff member
That glowing endorsement would have me thinking Ryles would have to be an idiot to tell him see u later...somehow I don't see it.
When personnel the likes of Ennis, McGregor, Ryan Carr, Nathan Brown, Andrew Johns, Brett Kimmorley, David Kidwell and the list goes and granted In different capacities have all moved or been moved on and the only bloke who has been a constant the whole time has remained then I question how and why?
You can't say because of the success because although there have been some finals appearances it's not like we have been left in a position of strength...we are in a massive mess and hence why Ryles is putting an industrial gernie through the joint
A change is like a holiday and it’s warranted, but the guilt by association thing is not a logical position. It’s dumb.

I guess if he is working at Boost Juice in 2025 you all will be correct that he was bad at his job.

JokerEel

Coach
Well how about stop sledging people, when you actually don’t know who or what they do or did ?

I am all about the clean out, but what I don’t understand is that people here have adopted a Mr Bean thing about Murph. What has he done ?

Why stop sledging him? Him and BA have been the constant on this failure over the years.

Happy to see him go along with most of the support staff who have been content on letting the levels go down over the years.

Stop thinking you need to be the white f**king knight btw

Soto

Bench
A change is like a holiday and it’s warranted, but the guilt by association thing is not a logical position. It’s dumb.

I guess if he is working at Boost Juice in 2025 you all will be correct that he was bad at his job.
It's also dumb to contunue to employ people who fail to deliver. Anyone associated with the coaching is there to win comps...zero, nothing, nutter, zilch
It's absolutely embarrassing of epic proportions our longest serving coach didn't deliver a premiership...it's absolutely madness..it's a cluster and the new dawn can't begin quick enough

Gronk

Staff member
It's also dumb to contunue to employ people who fail to deliver. Anyone associated with the coaching is there to win comps...zero, nothing, nutter, zilch
It's absolutely embarrassing of epic proportions our longest serving coach didn't deliver a premiership...it's absolutely madness..it's a cluster and the new dawn can't begin quick enough
You’re arguing with the converted. I have already said that there needs to be a cleanout from the teal lady up.

I am just challenging why people lampoon Murph. Cos I have heard the opposite. So if anyone has alternative intel, then I would like to hear it. If they don’t know anything, then make jokes ?

Gronk

Staff member
Why stop sledging him? Him and BA have been the constant on this failure over the years.

Happy to see him go along with most of the support staff who have been content on letting the levels go down over the years.

Ok I think it’s clear where you guys are at.

Soto

Bench
You’re arguing with the converted. I have already said that there needs to be a cleanout from the teal lady up.

I am just challenging why people lampoon Murph. Cos I have heard the opposite. So if anyone has alternative intel, then I would like to hear it. If they don’t know anything, then make jokes ?
Hearing things and evidence are completely different..it's not like his association with the previous fraudster screams of undeniable success...
BTW rhinos as in Leeds rhinos lost 24-6 this morning and I read there was talk of extending him..this comes off the back of their magic round equivalent which we stole from the ESL...
Magic round floggings = contract extensions..

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hearing things and evidence are completely different..it's not like his association with the previous fraudster screams of undeniable success...
BTW rhinos as in Leeds rhinos lost 24-6 this morning and I read there was talk of extending him..this comes off the back of their magic round equivalent which we stole from the ESL...
Magic round soundings = contract extensions
Sounds like it was a bad night to be an ex parra head coach.

Ricky and BA lost a combined score of 66-10.

Maybe there is a bit of good karma going around for us Parra fans in this miserable season.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s ok. I understand that the evidence you guys have are the results, in a results driven business. The W/L record is the ultimate barometer and will dictate coaching staff turnover.

None of this is what I was talking about, as it does nothing but tar everyone with the same brush.

All good.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Rainbow Cartoon GIF by Daniel Spacek

Gronk telling all us mean girls how wrong we are and how good the Murph really is.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

You have heard??? Were they the voices in your head???

strider

Post Whore
Someone said Murphy is a nice guy. So no one should criticise his long term coaching role with our inconsistant, underporforming footy team. ... yeah, nah

I think we all accept our team has a long running issue with their intestinal fortitude. Might treating them too nicely have played a role in that?

I think some of the most respected coaches of recent times are harsh but respected. Do those coaches have soft friendly sidekicks keeping their teams successful? Or are they all on the same page?