What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd24 2024: Non Parra games (Retro Round)

Parra Pride

Referee
I'd love a fullback like that our club.
As much as we love Gutho he needs to move to wing or centre. Or 5/8. Not sure.
However I note that Ionghi is playing at 3pm in reserves for Riff if anyone is keen to watch him...NSWRLTv
Gutho’s weakness is only highlighted more at centre or 5/8. He just isn’t much of a threat when he runs the ball, his value is the defence at the back.

Soto

Bench
Gutho’s weakness is only highlighted more at centre or 5/8. He just isn’t much of a threat when he runs the ball, his value is the defence at the back.
See this is where I think he's been caught out a number of times.
I think quick scoops from dummy half and backing up can still be done and done really well. Can't underestimate the value this brings.
Just need Gutho in the game.
In any case Gutho is happy to play anywhere is also a good sign

Suitman

Post Whore
I get sad about some of the stuff I read about Gutho on here. I really do.
He has been an absolute stalwart for our club for eons. The most passionate Eel since Hindy. No one works harder and puts in as much effort during any game than he does.
Sure, he isn't the most skillful player and he's certainly no Hayne, but geez, his heart is larger than the club. For a northern beaches lad, that's saying something.
It's time some of our fans lay off him and appreciate what a great person and block of concrete he has been for the blue and gold.
It's sad that for all his extraordinary effort, he has nothing to show for it. The same as for Hindy.

Soto

Bench
I get sad about some of the stuff I read about Gutho on here. I really do.
He has been an absolute stalwart for our club for eons. The most passionate Eel since Hindy. No one works harder and puts in as much effort during any game than he does.
Sure, he isn't the most skillful player and he's certainly no Hayne, but geez, his heart is larger than the club. For a northern beaches lad, that's saying something.
It's time some of our fans lay off him and appreciate what a great person and block of concrete he has been for the blue and gold.
It's sad that for all his extraordinary effort, he has nothing to show for it. The same as for Hindy.
I don't disagree.
He is the ultimate competitor..
I want him at the club now and post playing but if he's shifted from fullback it's because a) building for the future b) coaching staff want someone quicker c) may preserve 1st grade career as fullback has more touches and involvement

Sadly that defence at the back seems to have been waning, along with his threat in attack.

The club were onto it, publicly looking for an x-factor a year ahead of bringing Lomax in. Credit to Gutho apparently willing to offer his spot at the back to a range of young players the club was courting.

Soto

Bench
Sadly that defence at the back seems to have been waning, along with his threat in attack.

The club were onto it, publicly looking for an x-factor a year ahead of bringing Lomax in. Credit to Gutho apparently willing to offer his spot at the back to a range of young players the club was courting.
Agree because remember we were trying to get Jayden Campbell etc..
Anyway Guth is a must and he can play anywhere. If it's fullback fine. I just hope a long off season gets him ready for next year as we march into the semis