What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD24 Non Parra games

Delboy

First Grade
Jared Maxwell is a turnip, and has been all year, cant remember the last game when we seemed to get any rub of the green

Kornstar

Coach
Refs got the result they wanted!

Tigers were cheated out of a win. They would have been guaranteed a finals spot after that win, now they have to play a top four Storm and then the Roosters. They should beat the Roosts but it is unfair that they will probably only scrape in now rather than finishing on 30 points and maybe getting the home final.......

Hope Sheens unleashes, it is worth the 10k fine.......

Guys I don't believe for a second that the refs go out there with the intention of cheating (ok....Greg Hartley might have been an exception, and for a while Steve Clark). What I do believe is that some teams are better at the psychology involved in influencing decisions. And that runs down from coaches to players etc, and doesn't always affect the exact play that is being sooked about.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Guys I don't believe for a second that the refs go out there with the intention of cheating (ok....Greg Hartley might have been an exception, and for a while Steve Clark). What I do believe is that some teams are better at the psychology involved in influencing decisions. And that runs down from coaches to players etc, and doesn't always affect the exact play that is being sooked about.
Yep, in the second half there most definately was a lot of psychology implemented in Tony Archer's brilliant refereeing decision to penalise Fui Fui around the 76th minute of the 2009 NRL Grand Final. Melbourne attacking from deep in their own half, Billy Slater dropped the ball as he tried to play it. Referee Tony Archer signaled a penalty for Melbourne. It was initially thought that Archer had penalised Fui for stripping the ball from Slater in the tackle, even though both of Moimoi's arms were still wrapped around Slater's legs. Archer later said he penalised Fui for holding on to Slater, not for a strip as the reason why Slater lost the ball. Great News Limited psychology at play there:clap::clap::clap:. Well done to the high powered News Limited manipulators and lackeys below and within their compartmentalised hierarchial pyramid structure.

Yep, in the second half there most definately was a lot of psychology implemented in Tony Archer's brilliant refereeing decision to penalise Fui Fui around the 76th minute of the 2009 NRL Grand Final. Melbourne attacking from deep in their own half, Billy Slater dropped the ball as he tried to play it. Referee Tony Archer signaled a penalty for Melbourne. It was initially thought that Archer had penalised Fui for stripping the ball from Slater in the tackle, even though both of Moimoi's arms were still wrapped around Slater's legs. Archer later said he penalised Fui for holding on to Slater, not for a strip as the reason why Slater lost the ball. Great News Limited psychology at play there:clap::clap::clap:. Well done to the high powered News Limited manipulators and lackeys below and within their compartmentalised hierarchial pyramid structure.

Mate, I despise News Corp more than even you could imagine.....but I don't buy the overt conspiracy stuff. I'm a Parra fan, so I always come out of a losing game thinking we've been ripped off. But if you watch a game where you don't actually care who wins, then for 2 seconds imagine that you do care, it's easy to see why split second decisions made by refs on the field can look a lot more sinister than they are. I'm not suggesting that we should put up with consistently crap decisions, but I'm unconvinced of the conspiracy theory. If you look at whatever the grand final (2006? maybe it was a semi) b/w Melbourne and Brisbane, any neutral would say that Melbourne got prawned. They're both News Ltd teams....but if they weren't one could easily spin it as a conspiracy.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mate, I despise News Corp more than even you could imagine.....but I don't buy the overt conspiracy stuff. I'm a Parra fan, so I always come out of a losing game thinking we've been ripped off. But if you watch a game where you don't actually care who wins, then for 2 seconds imagine that you do care, it's easy to see why split second decisions made by refs on the field can look a lot more sinister than they are. I'm not suggesting that we should put up with consistently crap decisions, but I'm unconvinced of the conspiracy theory. If you look at whatever the grand final (2006? maybe it was a semi) b/w Melbourne and Brisbane, any neutral would say that Melbourne got prawned. They're both News Ltd teams....but if they weren't one could easily spin it as a conspiracy.
vectorstock-215595-sleeping-emoticon-vector.jpg

strider

Post Whore

don't know where u dreamt that shit up - the penalty was against kingston who's leg bumped the ball as slater was getting up to play it .... probably a fair penalty really, but it shits you that they ruled the complete opposite way earlier in the game and just called a knock on when the same happened to hindy

Kornstar

Coach
don't know where u dreamt that shit up - the penalty was against kingston who's leg bumped the ball as slater was getting up to play it .... probably a fair penalty really, but it shits you that they ruled the complete opposite way earlier in the game and just called a knock on when the same happened to hindy

This

The Sharks have also been completely ripped off from a finals position this year with that massive f*ck up against the Panthers a few weeks back. Penrith offside from the kick off and they all missed it. If that was a penalty as it SHOULD have been then the Sharks would be on 29 and essentially in the finals!

This has been the most disgraceful year of decisions I can remember in the video age!

Of course they are not "cheating" as such but they certainly do favour teams and there is plenty of evidence to suggest that imo......

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Call me part of the tin foil hat brigade but barely a game goes by when the Storm do not get a leg up by the refs, that try last night was a clear knock on but they get BOTD. Honestly would we have got that try???? The Sharks???? Penrith in a close game???? And as for the 06 GF that was about the last time Melbourne had cause to whinge about the refs, they couldn't lose that night either way because they were both owned by the News Limited scum.

Kornstar

Coach
Call me part of the tin foil hat brigade but barely a game goes by when the Storm do not get a leg up by the refs, that try last night was a clear knock on but they get BOTD. Honestly would we have got that try???? The Sharks???? Penrith in a close game???? And as for the 06 GF that was about the last time Melbourne had cause to whinge about the refs, they couldn't lose that night either way because they were both owned by the News Limited scum.

Yep, one major call against them and they have been making it up for them ever since! I watch every game every week and they by far get the most calls in their favour. It fluctuates with other teams depending on who is winning.

Darius Boyd's forward passes to Morris all year and some blatantly obvious dodgy calls against the Tigers in the major semi got them a GF birth and if I remember correctly the refs missed some changers in the GF too.........they are out of favour now and it seems to be the Dogs getting the leg ups.

Gronk

Staff member
The try by the Dogs last night (wright) has confused me. It seems that there is no such thing as a shepherd now. It's all about impeding the defence and the degree of same.

#confused

You're part of the tin foil hat brigade;-)

Did you watch the Dogs v Melbourne game earlier this year (played somewhere up in QLD)? I don't think there's much doubt that the Melbourne got the worst of that.

Re the 06 GF...my point was that if you watched the same reffing performance and Brisbane were the only News Ltd team in it, you could easily spin it as News Ltd bias.......rather than just really crap refereeing. I'm not saying refs don't get affected by all the shit that goes on before and during a game (they're humans.....well most of them). It's easy for us to see what we want to see, and to filter out of our minds the occasions when we get a lucky break (I'm the first to admit I do this all the time when watching the Eels).

FWIW I hate the Storm and the Dogs (in that order). Doesn't mean I believe every story about them.

Tooooks

Bench
That dogs try was absolutely ridiculous. One of the most blatant obstructions I've seen for a while, but for some reason, they continue to get away with it.

Tigers were definitely ripped off in the big decisions, although I'm sure Hasler will spin it the other way.

And the over the top commentary wankfest over Barba is getting old (although I suppose other fans were saying the same about Hayne a few years ago).

Oh, and it's good to see Peaheart Inu has finally found a coach to motivate his lazy arse. Pity he didn't play the same way for the Warriors, who paid him shitloads of money.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

:D