What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: EELS v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Allianz Stadium 30/3/2023

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Twice in games given a penalty at crucial times. 12 down and strip's ball last night to make it 14 down.
No wonder you think he's shit, blaming him for other players' mistakes. That was Hopgood penalised for that strip.
Also dropped ball a few times at important times. Runs like a cat as well.No power or pop.
Great player. Magic signing from BA. You do realise NZ didn't even offer him a contract.
Then he would've been cheap, which we need with our expensive starting pack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Put your request for urgent leave in - you have a busy week of vigorous defence and circuitous justification in front of you.

You must have been so pumped when that full time whistle sounded last night....
As it happens, I started leave today and don't go back to work until Wednesday.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think the idea out staff has never made a bad call is ridiculous. We've had more hits then f**k ups it @Poupou Escobar don't feel an error is a bad thing. It's high risk signing guys. Every side f**ks up. We've been better then average but let's not dismiss the garbage Waqa and Moimesea and Murchie have been thus far.
The staff have no control over whether a given signing turns out to offer value or not. All they can do is get value out of the 30 man squad as a whole. If they can then it doesn't matter about individual signings. None of us know what the players are getting paid, and neither does the media. Or if they do, we can't trust them, because their agenda is to stir up the fans.

So whether you think a guy was a good or bad signing really just comes down to your expectations. You aren't a member of the club's recruitment staff, so your expectations are likely to be too high or too low for any given player (this is true for me as well). If you're excited about a player you'll think he's expensive and if you're nonplussed you'll assume he was cheap. But the club does its due diligence on every signing and their expectations (and contract offers) are likely to be more realistic than whatever you come up with in your head. Oh Penrith want to get rid of Waqa Blake? f**k yeah he must be awesome! Let's offer him whatever they were paying. Dunno why they want to get rid of him! Someone hand me the f**ken chequebook!!!

JokerEel

Coach

Dally M Results: Round 5​

• Roosters v Eels: 5 - Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, 3 - Sam Walker, 2 - Luke Keary, 1 - Joseph Suaali'i, 1 - Dylan Brown
Yeah