What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: Parra v Canberra GAME DAY thread (27/6/20)

T.S Quint

Coach
2 players injured in the first 20 mins... no movement of the ground meaning it remained solid underfoot and no other players even looked like doing the same injury for the rest of the game.

I reckon blaming the surface for what is essentially bad luck (and very rare admittedly) is 'fake news'.

Taking the injuries out of the equation, the ground is still getting torn up and looks like shit. It may be safe tonight but is it going to be safe in a couple of weeks time with all these extra games being played there?

Gronk

Staff member
Makes sense that it’s staying at Bankwest. When Manly players were getting injured at Brookie, the turf was giving way under foot or they were getting caught in potholes.

I saw none of that last night.

Chipmunk

Coach
Big challenge today against another strong side. Hopefully we can back up after being in a pretty good effort last week.

Just have to rise to the challenge.

Gronk

Staff member
Big challenge today against another strong side. Hopefully we can back up after being in a pretty good effort last week.

Just have to rise to the challenge.
It's about the Manly / Roosters level of intensity to be the new normal. Not being able to lift for the big games, but playing that level every week and teams lifting because they are playing us.

Love to beat Sticky this week. :mad:

Gazzamatta

Coach
It's about the Manly / Roosters level of intensity to be the new normal. Not being able to lift for the big games, but playing that level every week and teams lifting because they are playing us.

Love to beat Sticky this week. :mad:
Absolutely Gronky. The Chooks showed last night the standard we need to achieve and maintain. Never more should we have an "off week". We have the roster to maintain the rage. Lets go boys. No excuses. I cant f'n wait.

Incorrect

Coach
With the A-League moving to winter, and Tigers, Dogs and Eels all using Bankwest in coming years for home games, the turf is going to take a battering... Have to get used to it I guess

crocodile

Bench
With the A-League moving to winter, and Tigers, Dogs and Eels all using Bankwest in coming years for home games, the turf is going to take a battering... Have to get used to it I guess
Bunch of softcocks. The old Cumberland was mostly played in the mud.

lingard

Coach
If we can hang on to the ball and contain Williams and Wighton, I expect we should win this. But then, Canberra are due to fire. And when they fire, they're only a hair's breadth behind the Roosters. Go Parra!

crocodile

Bench
They didn't call North Sydney Oval Concrete Park for nothing. Lidcombe, Cumberland and Penrith not far behind.
I had a few games on North Sydney Oval way back in my misspent youth. I'm sure that's where the brain damage started.

strider

Post Whore
We dont seem to be warming up on the field ... broncos didnt either ... is that normal now?

Latest posts