What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

hindy111

Post Whore
Your Vag when someone questions the club

No One Landscape GIF

He is disappointed. We've been telling him for 18mths now and he is seing the truth unfold. Now he must accept he was wrong.

DaveMc

Juniors
We sacked the coach in 2010 and continued to decline. We didn't sack the coach in 2002 or 1987 and also continued to decline. Coaching is not the problem, but merkins think it will be the solution. Like Darryl Brohman said on 2GB, it's just looking for an instant fix: https://omny.fm/shows/the-continuous-call-team/its-time-why-gal-believes-eels-must-part-ways-with
Coaching may not be *the* problem. But it is *a* problem. After this amount of time, it’s impossible to extricate Arthur from the playing squad, the tactics, the recruitment structure. And it all, or at least as much as possible of the set-up, needs a clean slate. It’s an “it’s time” issue.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Coaching may not be *the* problem. But it is *a* problem. After this amount of time, it’s impossible to extricate Arthur from the playing squad, the tactics, the recruitment structure. And it all, or at least as much as possible of the set-up, needs a clean slate. It’s an “it’s time” issue.
I'm sure the squad needs an overhaul, and I'm equally sure it will be easier without this coach still at the club. I am also certain he wanted the extensions for these underperforming senior players.

Legal Eel

Juniors
He has scored 93 tries in 106 games ffs. Suddenly he's the scapegoat?
It’s been a noble stand today and A fitting defence in Anzac round - I actually think Pou, Emjaycee, Gronk and 84Baby deserve an equal share of the BA medal.

big couple of weeks coming up Pou but I reckon you will get your wish - BA is going nowhere and so will parramatta and you will get several months (likely another 16 months until end of next season) of wonderful times “educating” dumb bogan eels fans.

I just have to learn to accept that some people don’t necessarily want major success for parra, they just want the team to play each week to fuel their internet adventures - good luck to you all.

DaveMc

Juniors
I'm sure the squad needs an overhaul, and I'm equally sure it will be easier without this coach still at the club. I am also certain he wanted the extensions for these underperforming senior players.
After such a tenure, that’s all the reason you need to get rid of him. He’s had more than a fair chance and hasn’t been able to reach the peak. It’s unfortunate for him but he joins the 70-80 percent or whatever it is of first grade coaches who never win a premiership. He did a decent job, but it’s time.

Delboy

First Grade
No doubt! Then who negotiated the length of contract, options, salary and any contract conditions. Then a decision making committee of 3 has to sign off and agree on them. The whole thing needs to be blown up and reconfigured. It seems cumbersome and messy.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If you didn’t know the score the Eels led the stats in most areas. The penalty count and set restarts heavily in Manlys favour not to mention the two sin bins. We got similarly hammered in the penalty count a couple of weeks back, it is not easy to overcome one sided penalty counts, they are a huge leg up.
All our problems stem from the ruck which is a result of poor D technique. TCT got hammered by followers in response to their Training reports. Most were asking "what are they doing to improve D"? Its painfully obvious to anybody even slightly interested in Rugby League and its remained uncorrected for years.

Gazzamatta

Coach
His style has ruined our best crop of players in years. Im not sure too many will recover from their slide to averageness.

Latest posts