What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So which is it? Is he responsible for the squad or not?
I think he is partly responsible for it, and that includes where we had our biggest premiership window since ‘05-‘09.
I think we have a decent squad right now which is not playing to its potential. It’s certainly far better than a 14th place team. If we miss the finals for the second consecutive year it’ll be a huge failure.
I think we were very unlucky to miss the finals last year. We won 12 games. Plenty of Parramatta coaches have won fewer than that the year after making a grand final.

This year we’ve been poor (33% wins) and I expect to see an improvement by the end of the year. If our senior players are just out of form they can, and should, get better. But if they’ve just all hit the wall then we’re f**ked this year and next. Much like squad declines after ‘86, ‘01 and ‘09. They call it a premiership window because it can open and shut.

hindy111

Post Whore
JWH does exactly that every second tackle, and the media regards it as his enforcers role. What Sivo did was stupid in the context of the game, not sure in reality it was more than a penalty and move on. Yep, even giving up a penalty on 4th was dumb, but the officials were horrid during the whole game.

It wasn't a sin bin. All he did was put his hands on his face.
Penalty

Rocket man

Juniors
Why didnt we challenge did we already waste it early.

I can't remember I was 15 beers deep by the 2nd half and getting a headache with the Manly chanting Brownie's name on the hill like he was a 300 game legend of the club
I'm sure we challenged.
They usually go back and look at the entire play that was challenged.

yy_cheng

Coach
Some interesting comments from TCT sixties:

a) BA will not get sacked and see out his term unless he goes himself
b) Play Lussick at 14 as he could potentially play lock or interchange hooker.
c) Dyl making half breaks and no one to backup

my comments:

b) interesting idea though Hands wasnt very good the other day. Both his service and lussick's are poor and I reckon the cause for alot of the dropsies.

Both were throwing the ball at the player who's moving forward and so the player sort of adjusts before catching the ball.
Rheed, if memory serves me correct, threw it in front of the player which was so much better. Both hands and lussick also throws them head high sometimes.

For Hands, it is stupid that he is not player 9 at reggies. He plays 6 and so he isnt honing his passing off the ground so in a way, he has an excuse

c) I wonder if Guth is busy trying to setup the next play. If it was Dyl edwards running off Dylbags, there will be many more tries I reckon.

King-Gutho94

Coach

my comments:

b) interesting idea though Hands wasnt very good the other day. Both his service and lussick's are poor and I reckon the cause for alot of the dropsies.

Both were throwing the ball at the player who's moving forward and so the player sort of adjusts before catching the ball.
Rheed, if memory serves me correct, threw it in front of the player which was so much better. Both hands and lussick also throws them head high sometimes.

For Hands, it is stupid that he is not player 9 at reggies. He plays 6 and so he isnt honing his passing off the ground so in a way, he has an excuse

c) I wonder if Guth is busy trying to setup the next play. If it was Dyl edwards running off Dylbags, there will be many more tries I reckon.
The way Hands has been treated has been pathetic.

No wonder his confidence is completely shot. He gets 3 token mins against Penrith then dumped.

Plays 5/8 at reggies then comes back for 1 game then gets dropped again back to 5/8 at reggies.

He was tracking along beautifully last year with how he was playing and being used.

He got a bit tired at back end of the year but thats understandable in his rookie year.

He has just become a pawn in BA's magnets that get spun around in circles chopped and changed without a clue or idea moving forward on how he should used.

Pazza

First Grade

my comments:

For Hands, it is stupid that he is not player 9 at reggies. He plays 6 and so he isnt honing his passing off the ground so in a way, he has an excus

Point A is troubling

Point B, i hate to say it but moving on from reed has really affected this team. we cant,,,, cant go into 2025 without addressing hooker. I think MA would be good at 14 but there has to be someone from outside the club.

Point C, we rarely support the ball runner. BA talks about effort and 1% plays, case in point. gotta work harder off the ball. BA has created the land of the giants, Vlandys has been driving his car on the other side of the road.

Pazza

First Grade

No wonder his confidence is completely shot. He gets 3 token mins against Penrith then dumped.

Plays 5/8 at reggies then comes back for 1 game then gets dropped again back to 5/8 at reggies.

He was tracking along beautifully last year with how he was playing and being used.

He got a bit tired at back end of the year but thats understandable in his rookie year.

He has just become a pawn in BA's magnets that get spun around in circles chopped and changed without a clue or idea moving forward on how he should used.

NSW cup is a shit show atm.. blaize who knows what his future is? guymer is playing lock, take the one decent edge forward we have developed and turn him into a middle, hands as you mentioned

yy_cheng

Coach

Totally. I thought hands was really good last year. Great service but this year, not so and I too think he's been effed around too much.

But then same with Blaize. If lomax is to come in as a fb, then get blaize more experience at wing/centre not sure where guth will go.

He's not gonna shift Brown or Moses.

Latest posts