What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Read It And Weep

Hi All

In the Canberra Raiders' past two games they have had the ball for nearly 100 tackles in the opposition 20 for only four tries (that statistic alone would be just about unheard of).

The Canberra Raiders have not scored more than 12 points in their past four games.

The Canberra Raiders have won only two of seven home games so far this season.

The Canberra Raiders are only one of two teams who have not scored 30 points in a game this season (the other being Parramatta).

The Canberra Raiders do not even average two points in the last 20 minutes of games this season.

The Canberra Raiders have been held scoreless in the second half of games five times* so far this season.

The above says it all really. Might as well start planning their end of season trip.

All of the above is coming from the fact we have the "biggest" forward pack in the comp and the "best youngsters" coming through in the game.

All the best,

Master Raider®©

*Not sure if this stat is accurate

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Our pack is doing fine. We cannot seriously make sarcastic comments about the forward pack. They are doing their job.

Our pack is doing fine. We cannot seriously make sarcastic comments about the forward pack. They are doing their job.

They have dominated in just about every game.

Those stats are stating the obvious , we dont need to see the figures to work out what is wrong.

Timbo

Staff member
Halfback.

Hooker.

Coach.

All applications welcome.

Problem solved.

On the Radio up here this morning they said there was rumour out of Sydney that Ennis is going to be squeezed out of the Dogs.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
If I woke up and read in the paper that Cooper Cronk had signed for the Raiders I would seriously know that I had died in the night and was in some kind of heaven.

Beavo

Juniors

Our forwards have been okay, but they're not fit enough, I'm being dead serious.

I know they're big, but they take so long to get back as each half wares on. It's not uncommon for a forward to not take a hit up until tackle 3 or 4 after a long kick from the opposition.

Every side commonly has a winger taking a dummy half run for the second tackle after a kick, but then their forwards are back there to shoulder the load for the rest of the set. This is yet another way in which we differ from the top sides.

Cryptic

Juniors
I would more worry about the slowness getting up... Yes part of that is the refs letting anyone against us get away with murder but we need to do what all the other f**kwits do... thrash around on the ground like we just had hoppa tackle us and get the dummy half to look annoyed and throw his arms up constantly... It's really sad how often that works with our games current refs...

They don't release the stats often unfortunantly but I remember a few years back they did and the Raiders had the longest tackle called to play counter of any other team by a good second... That' sust plan unacceptable...

So yeah, forwards training for the rest of the year = how to stand the f**k up quicker or at least look like your being held down constantly as it has to be us right... the refs couldn't possible be such a bunch of f**kwits that we just don't get penalties for it all the time...

screeder

Juniors
I agree the Raider forwards have been dominant for most of the year. Against the rooters they set up camp in the opposition half for nearly the entire game. The problem is definitely not in the forwards even with Tilse there. Monners is a problem, he's next to useless. Mogg can't play 7 either. Any outside back who goes to ESL gets a gig in their halves, Mogg McGuire, Fitzhenry. It doesn't mean you can cut it in NRL.

Latest posts