What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Read this This guys our coach!! FFS

st.phil

Bench
Price and McGregor quite sure both will be starting next year

This major spin from Facebook.

Sorry mods can't find a link ..Can you add please..

Its been a tough year for Steve Price. He is the man who the majority of fans are directing their anger towards as the source of blame for another poor season by the Red V. All the signs on the field suggest their criticism is warranted.

But does this young man not deserve a genuine chance?

Let's not forget the obstacles that Steve Price has had to face since his appointment as head coach in 2012. ...

Firstly, Wayne Bennett.

Price came on to the big stage after Wayne Bennett. Some liken it to coming on after Elvis. Saint Wayne delivered the club its first premiership in 31 years. It was always going to be a tough act to follow.

Second, Egotism.

Many of the senior players visibly found it difficult to adjust to Steve Price's promotion from waterboy to head coach. These same players became accustomed to Wayne Bennett's coaching. They developed an affection for him because of what he did for their careers to the point that many of them would have followed him blindly into any battle. However, developing the same respect for their trainer became a task much too difficult for both Price and the senior playing group.

Third, Unforeseen Retirements.
Ben Hornby, Dean Young and Mark Gasnier were all contracted to the club for both the 2012 and 2013 seasons. All three have played for their state and country and would have provided invaluable support for Price during these difficult times.

Fourth. Aging Roster
Price inherited an aging roster. The average age of the 2010 Dragons was 26 with 4 players over the age of 30. Price did not choose this team he was given a squad assembled by a previous coach.

All these obstacles have collectively influenced the clubs current position on the ladder. As a result, Steve Price has been on the receiving end of the majority of the criticism. Looking forward to 2014 - the club have made some fantastic signings.

Finally, Steve Price will be able to work with a group of players that have been assembled under his tenure at the club.

Considering the problems Price has had to endure does he not deserve at least the opportunity to show us what he can do with a Steve Price assembled squad. That's right not Wayne Bennett's squad or someone else's squad but a Steve Price assembled team.

Season 2014. Let's give the guy a fair go!

Who spun that?

Elias1983

Coach
Ben Hornby, Dean Young and Mark Gasnier were all contracted to the club for both the 2012 and 2013 seasons. All three have played for their state and country and would have provided invaluable support for Price during these difficult times.

Unforseen retirements?

Gee this pisses me off...

If the knob who wrote this could not see that Hornby and Young were nearing the end of their careers then there is the Problem.

Gasnier a different story but Hornby and young started to fade towards the end of 2011.

The succession planning should have started from then!!!

dubo

Juniors
I'm still trying to understand the theory behind the apparent rotation of Drinkwater and Garvey off the bench. Am I missing something punters?

I don't really have a major problem with this as our season is finished and it gives both blokes a chance to display their talent or lack of.

watatank

Coach

Unforseen retirements?

Gee this pisses me off...

If the knob who wrote this could not see that Hornby and Young were nearing the end of their careers then there is the Problem.

Gasnier a different story but Hornby and young started to fade towards the end of 2011.

The succession planning should have started from then!!!

Hornby and Young were already signed up. That decision was made before Price was coach.

Father Ted

First Grade
Second, Egotism.

A little cheapie aimed at Jamie Soward or a division in the playing ranks over coach Price ?

saint.nick

Coach
Who the hell wrote that Facebook post? If we didn't win the premiership 3 years ago I'd be slitting my wrists right now.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Who spun that?

Whoever drafted that Facebook post must have spent hours, possibly days coming up with FOUR reasons why he should be given another year to show us what he can do.

C'mon - two years is plenty of time to show whether or not you can coach. The fact remains Price is taking them backwards. They do not play as a team and I cannot think of one player that has improved their game in the last 2 years.

Sorry Steve, I mean Facebook poster, you're flogging a dead horse.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Surely you jest Father Ted.

Even given the depths our club has plunged to, surely they could not treat their fans with such disdain?

I have noticed, that any Argument FOR Steve Price, is always based purely on how Long is 'a fair go' ...and NEVER about any of the good things he has achieved in the meantime.

That's because there aren't any.

Instead of writing a Facebook page containing excuses and what constitutes a fair go, how about writing a list of his strengths as a coach.

I have noticed, that any Argument FOR Steve Price, is always based purely on how Long is 'a fair go' ...and NEVER about any of the good things he has achieved in the meantime.

That's because there aren't any.

Instead of writing a Facebook page containing excuses and what constitutes a fair go, how about writing a list of his strengths as a coach.

Couldn't agree more!

FlameThrower

Bench
Couldn't agree more!

FFS again with more spin than a cyclone, I'm sorry but if this is taste of the open and transparent approach many on here were wishing for, then we are doomed. Either the ppl at Dragons can't read the forums, Facebook or the general media, print and online or they are blind or completely out of step with the mood of the fans.

I'm holding fire until I get the 'year in review' magazine.....I can sense more syrup than a Maple Syrup factory....seriously this is a joke!!!

I have been living in the hope that a change was coming this off season. If the club is dishing out this crap it sounds as though we have another year with Price.

DF4E

Juniors
If the club are going to keep Price then they need to come out and explain to the fans why.
Whether it is financial or they think he is the best option.
I doubt they would have the courage to come out and say they think he is the best option so instead we have to put up with the crap and excuses.
Good coaches will get the best out of most players therefore throughout the season you will see improvement. Even if you don't have a team of stars, therefore making the eight is not guaranteed, you will still see a team turn up each week and play hard and smart.
This has not been the Dragons this year, most weeks we have played soft and stupid.
At times during games we have showed promise but only to let ourselves down with stupid mistakes and soft defense. So we have the ability to perform for short periods but don't have the attitude and hunger to maintain that level for 80 mins.
This has to be a reflection on the coach and the culture he has developed or let slip within the club.
In a short amount of time we have gone from a smart and strong defensive team with a will to compete for 80 mins to what we have seen this year.
It needs to change and if replacing the coach is the way to do this then the club needs to make the decision and move forward.
Why is it obvious to most fans what needs to be done but for whatever reasons the club won't make the decision.
Are they happy to put up with this for another year?

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Just looking at the 2013 survey, Price got 0.4% of the votes for best coach in the NRL.

He must have a lot of family members vote to get his numbers that high...