What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reality check

footy watch

Juniors
After watching how horrible and slow we were againts melbourne,I cannot see any light anytime soon.It is obvious we have an ageing slow forward pack and useless, uninspiring backs.(not all ofcourse). As a born Manly fan i am fillthy on the lack of anything we have last,this or next year at our disposal.We would nearly have as less talent as the sharks as they seem to be our competition for wooden spoon..Now you all can bag me and say im not a true supporter,but i have seen,watched and the facts are obvious.The Bulldogs nsw cup side would beat us at the moment. A few facts, Our new 7,did not touch the ball in the first 15min againts melb.Our first 3 sets were sh*t as ballin tried to kick from dummy half.King is the biggest forward in the game,and yet the slowest.why would someone as big as him need to lift his knees??? grow some balls and run hard. Glenn Stewart, Fat overweight and runs sidewards.Tony williams. Big, slow and useless,Robbo,old, slow and cant jump. Choc, choc full of dropped ball and penalties.George rose,kite, shall i go on... Graemme Lowe should grow some nuts and cut half of these guys wages so we can free up plenty to buy real talent. Lets see how many tries roosters score on tony williams side this weekend.:x

^_^

Juniors
Biggest problem i can see is the forwards because in the long run when we get our centres back and T.Williams is used off the bench our backline will look good. DCE is going to get there i cant wait to see how he plays if our forwards turn up to make some good metres. Watmough has his errors but he at least makes some good runs so as we all know its what you get with Watmough, good with the bad i guess.

How about a positive.....I skimmed through the game to see Stewart in action and even with a loss f**k it was good seeing him play...that cutout pass, the breaks, his defence, thats what we have been missing for so long even for the simple fact it puts a smile on our faces to see him in action. Its just such a shame we seem to be lacking in other areas i really wish we kept Farrar cause he could plug up one of the centre positions and at least Dessy might NOT use T.Williams in the centres lol

zombie jesus

Staff member
After watching how horrible and slow we were againts melbourne,I cannot see any light anytime soon.It is obvious we have an ageing slow forward pack and useless, uninspiring backs.(not all ofcourse). As a born Manly fan i am fillthy on the lack of anything we have last,this or next year at our disposal.We would nearly have as less talent as the sharks as they seem to be our competition for wooden spoon..Now you all can bag me and say im not a true supporter,but i have seen,watched and the facts are obvious.The Bulldogs nsw cup side would beat us at the moment. A few facts, Our new 7,did not touch the ball in the first 15min againts melb.Our first 3 sets were sh*t as ballin tried to kick from dummy half.King is the biggest forward in the game,and yet the slowest.why would someone as big as him need to lift his knees??? grow some balls and run hard. Glenn Stewart, Fat overweight and runs sidewards.Tony williams. Big, slow and useless,Robbo,old, slow and cant jump. Choc, choc full of dropped ball and penalties.George rose,kite, shall i go on... Graemme Lowe should grow some nuts and cut half of these guys wages so we can free up plenty to buy real talent. Lets see how many tries roosters score on tony williams side this weekend.:x

In your opinion, what needs to be done to fix the problems?

Patorick

Staff member
FMD, we're not that bad, we've still got some good players.

We'll win our share of games this year, have a bit of faith and wait and see how we go.

Little improvements each week, you never know what could happen.

Scarves

Juniors
A week is a long time in the NRL, actually the early rounds are an eternity. All fans need to consider the old adage, "Comps aren't won in March". Trust me you can't lose them in March either. Obviously if you take crap form into May it's curtains, but after Round Two lest Round One I think it's still a settling period and the results of Round Two are testimony to this. I reckon this fact is especially so in arguably the most evenly contested professional code in world sport.

Latest posts