What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reasons to be proud

sup42

Juniors
Metcalf has only played 7 games for the Sharks and 8 games for us, with a big gap in between.
My only concern with Metcalf is the likelihood that he will understandably take his next contract in Aus.
His distribution isn’t horrible, he has set up a few trys, and our attack kicked on after he was brought into the top side.
He leaves gaps in the line sometimes, but that's a positioning and experience thing.
Put it this way, with Te Maire busting his leg, Metcalf has been an astute signing and has saved our season.

I like how Metcalf and Walker talk about Websters game plan is to give them the ball where they like it.
That is something Webster said is the new plan, when the play the ball is in a particular spot...they want their best players lined up to use it based on what part of the feild they are.

Metcalf certainly gives us the unpredictability and danger element to our game.

Time played with SJ is gonna unlock something special with that cohesion that comes with experience.

I am a fan of TMM so I am hoping Webster finds roles for both players through his bench rotation.

It does look as though time has almost run out for TMM to take part this year, his leg is still a ways off.

Metcalf has only played 7 games for the Sharks and 8 games for us, with a big gap in between.
My only concern with Metcalf is the likelihood that he will understandably take his next contract in Aus.
His distribution isn’t horrible, he has set up a few trys, and our attack kicked on after he was brought into the top side.
He leaves gaps in the line sometimes, but that's a positioning and experience thing.
Put it this way, with Te Maire busting his leg, Metcalf has been an astute signing and has saved our season.

I like how Metcalf and Walker talk about Websters game plan is to give them the ball where they like it.
That is something Webster said is the new plan, when the play the ball is in a particular spot...they want their best players lined up to use it based on what part of the feild they are.

Metcalf certainly gives us the unpredictability and danger element to our game.

Time played with SJ is gonna unlock something special with that cohesion that comes with experience.

I am a fan of TMM so I am hoping Webster finds roles for both players through his bench rotation.

It does look as though time has almost run out for TMM to take part this year, his leg is still a ways off.
I always thought Metcalf was signed to be our long term 7. I dont think he will go back to Aus

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I think Metcalf is more of a 6 and Volkman was the long term 7. But let’s face it SJs spectacular return to form has completely thrown plans out. And I’m not sad about it because I’ve always been an SJ fan and I love seeing him be the player i always thought he should be. I want to see him play into 2005 and retire with 300 games, 250 for the Warriors and a premiership.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

What a coach this dude is turning out to be…
Far out, this article makes me irrationally joyous. I love this man.

For all the dog shit we've put up with over the last 12 years, with shit coach after shit coach and refusing to re-sign and then re-re-sign the one good one we had, hot air CEOs and owners, overhyped/overrated players, COVID etc...we deserve Andrew Webster.

I know there's no guarantee we're going to win anything under him, but he has already brought such a joy to that place. He's so no-nonsense, consistent, honest, obviously intelligent, knows the game, a great people person etc. We were in the sewer last year and now there's a glimmer of hope we might be top 2.

Latest posts