What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebellion win 132-0

usarlfan69

Juniors
Wow. Can you say poor character. Can't wait until these guys get squared up by Philly, Jacksonville or DC.

IowaRL

Juniors
Wow. Can you say poor character. Can't wait until these guys get squared up by Philly, Jacksonville or DC.

I'm sure the players missing due to injury, not having arrived yet and other commitments will change the way they look in future rounds! Boston will be back with a vengeance next game!

Rampart66

Juniors
Okay, Boston may not be the team they were last season when they made it to finals. But holy crap on stick...

Lawrence is backing up all of the talk. After 132 points, a RIR match up against Philly or Jacksonville looks interesting.

... we dont expect the same scoreline this week. We caught Boston with a weaker side... We expect them to bring the noise next week!

Last edited:

flamin

Juniors
How is 132 points even possible in an 80 minute game. I'm assuming RIR would have had 95%+ possession and most of the tries were coming off the restart.

pennpool

Juniors
I'm not usually one for a mercy rule...... In this case, this just looks awful for rugby league in America as a whole.

Fighter

Juniors
I'm not usually one for a mercy rule...... In this case, this just looks awful for rugby league in America as a whole.

Boston had 2 returning players from last year and no imports, so if they get some guys back this week, the scoreline should adjust a little :)

IowaRL

Juniors
Plus the game was reffed by the Boston coach, meaning he concentrated on being fair and not on coaching his team (which as ref he has to)

pennpool

Juniors
Personally I find it more embarrassing for the team scoring all those points than for the team conceding. It's definitely an embarrassment for the league as a whole, especially having lost two teams and having two teams conceded near or over 100 points.

If the scorelines don't change to much over the season for those teams it's very possible there could be a 4 team league next season. Getting people motivated to to travel large distances to get destroyed like that is very difficult.

deal.with.it

Juniors
I've had a couple 100+ to nil scorelines against me in the old junior days.
Just means the defense was non existent.
It's a shame but hopefully Boston will be back next week.
I agree it looks terrible for the sport.
However, in the AFL teams are losing consistently by 100+ points at the professional level. (slightly different i know!)

Latest posts