What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Record NRL - Austar

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
Hey Guys
Like many I do not wish to get mystar so I am left with the normal Austar box that has Composite & S-Video outputs.

I want to be able to recored the NRL next year just in case I wont be able to watch it. At the moment I have the Austar box connected to a DVD Recorder via Composite cables which does the job but Ican really only record 2 hours onto the DVD before I start to see PQ drop.

Does anyone have a better way?

Hope someone can help

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I've asked the Austar service personnel the same thing, recording from the Data outlet or S Video outputs.

Apparently they are programmed not to output, so that was they can sell you MyStar.

I've got tons of stuff recorded on Mystar box and I've tried to get it off the box via the data outlet (RJ45) but no good.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Hey Guys
Like many I do not wish to get mystar so I am left with the normal Austar box that has Composite & S-Video outputs.

I want to be able to recored the NRL next year just in case I wont be able to watch it. At the moment I have the Austar box connected to a DVD Recorder via Composite cables which does the job but Ican really only record 2 hours onto the DVD before I start to see PQ drop.

Does anyone have a better way?

Hope someone can help

i used to have my old Austar box hooked up to an old DVD recorder with a 200GB HDD.

used s-video

never got a Mystar but had to when Austar went HD. you can only get it with HD Mystar

no idea why they don't also have a HD Austar box