What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

jackyboi90

Juniors
Here is this week’s Red V Podcast for your listening pleasure!
Rugby League broadcaster Andy Raymond drops by for a chat and gives us his honest assessment on player recruitment, if Anthony Griffin is the man for the job, where he thinks the Red V will finish in 2022 amongst a lot more.
Plus we continue our position reviews. This week looking at the Five-Eighth role. Who nabs the number 6 jersey? Junior Amone? Jayden Sullivan? Or does Hook Griffin look outside the box at someone like Moses Mbye?
Alongside all of this we wrap up your latest St George Illawarra News (Sloan re-signs, new player signing, NRLW squad update and Junior Rep trials update) and we answer your answer fans questions

randomdragon

Juniors
Rugby League broadcaster Andy Raymond drops by for a chat and gives us his honest assessment on player recruitment, if Anthony Griffin is the man for the job, where he thinks the Red V will finish in 2022 amongst a lot more.
Plus we continue our position reviews. This week looking at the Five-Eighth role. Who nabs the number 6 jersey? Junior Amone? Jayden Sullivan? Or does Hook Griffin look outside the box at someone like Moses Mbye?
Alongside all of this we wrap up your latest St George Illawarra News (Sloan re-signs, new player signing, NRLW squad update and Junior Rep trials update) and we answer your answer fans questions

thanks for the podcast! Like he said everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have to disagree with him that hook is under pressure. For me he’s built a great squad with the players available and got the team in a good position last year even though we had terrible depth and one of the worst rosters

jackyboi90

Juniors

thanks for the podcast! Like he said everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have to disagree with him that hook is under pressure. For me he’s built a great squad with the players available and got the team in a good position last year even though we had terrible depth and one of the worst rosters
Hopefully we just hit the ground running and the media don’t have an excuse to being hooks future into question. Thanks for listening mate!

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

Thanks for the latest episode Jack and Johnny. I'm not sure I agreed with everything Andy Raymond said, and I think he had an each way bet on most of the statements he made, but he is not a Dragons tragic like me so I guess it is understandable. Keep up the good work - trials are getting closer!

jackyboi90

Juniors
Thanks for the latest episode Jack and Johnny. I'm not sure I agreed with everything Andy Raymond said, and I think he had an each way bet on most of the statements he made, but he is not a Dragons tragic like me so I guess it is understandable. Keep up the good work - trials are getting closer!
Good to hear different opinions and get different points of view.
Can't wait for our first game!

Crush

Coach
I actually agreed with everything Andy Raymond said. I too have big wraps on Jack Bird, if we can unlock his best and play him in the one position all year then he is one of if not our best player.
I also thought Andys assessment of Hook was bang on. Hopefully the signs are good from round 1 this season. Not so much with just win-loss ratio but more with team selection and consistency. He should know what his best 1-17 is and shouldn't be tinkered with in first 8 weeks unless injuries.
Thanks for the podcast @jackyboi90 Its great to get non-dragons fans opinions from time to time.

jackyboi90

Juniors
H
Hi boys.

Keen to learn how helpful the club is with information to your podcast? How are you able to seek out past players for interviews? I really enjoy listening to their stories. Is it mainly word of mouth?
Hi mate. Ryan Webb has been quite helpful and is keen to help out the podcast, I think he realises that it can be a great tool for the club.
The media manager Jack Brady has been a bit better lately, but originally never replied to any of our emails (think we sent 8–10?)
The club helped us get some of the first grade guys last season, and we have some NRLW girls coming on the podcast soon.
As for the former players, I just locate them through social media. Some of it has been through previous players giving me numbers of other players (Rex Terp helped me locate Peter Coyne). I imagine some of them would talk and let other team mates know about it.
I enjoy the interviews with former players. Always have good stories and are generally pretty friendly.

Dragons4me

Juniors
H

Hi mate. Ryan Webb has been quite helpful and is keen to help out the podcast, I think he realises that it can be a great tool for the club.
The media manager Jack Brady has been a bit better lately, but originally never replied to any of our emails (think we sent 8–10?)
The club helped us get some of the first grade guys last season, and we have some NRLW girls coming on the podcast soon.
As for the former players, I just locate them through social media. Some of it has been through previous players giving me numbers of other players (Rex Terp helped me locate Peter Coyne). I imagine some of them would talk and let other team mates know about it.
I enjoy the interviews with former players. Always have good stories and are generally pretty friendly.

That's great to hear. Thank you. 😀😀

jackyboi90

Juniors
Who wears the number 7 jersey for the Dragons in season 2022? Does the incumbent Ben Hunt nab it? Or does young gun Jayden Sullivan grab the role? Hear what the boys have to say as we continue our position review, this week looking at the half-backs.
We round up the latest Dragons News and Updates with a look at the three Dragons selected in the Indigenous All Stars squad, George Burgess fitness update and junior rep preview.

Plus Illawarra SG Ball Captain Travis Barrett-Hancock stops by for a chat with a look to the season opener against Cronulla on Saturday. He also talks about the honour of gaining the captaincy and tells us about his rugby league journey that has led to today.
We also answer your fans questions.

Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Podbean and all other good podcast providers #redv

jackyboi90

Juniors
An absorbing and entertaining Red V Podcast coming at you for this week.
Our position preview continues as we delve into the prop position. With plenty of options, who starts in jumpers 8 and 10 for the Red V? George Burgess? Francis Molo? Blake Lawrie? Jack De Belin? We chat about whether the Dragons have the forwards to dominate in the NRL as well as what they need to do differently to last year to have success.
Also, we chat with Illawarra Steelers SG Ball Half Trey Barlow about the win over Cronulla, looking forward to this weeks clash, goals, his footballing journey and more.
Plus latest Dragons news (Tyrell Sloan called into Indigenous Allstars camp, Jack Bird contract, George Burgess trial news and loads more!) and Fans questions.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
An absorbing and entertaining Red V Podcast coming at you for this week.
Our position preview continues as we delve into the prop position. With plenty of options, who starts in jumpers 8 and 10 for the Red V? George Burgess? Francis Molo? Blake Lawrie? Jack De Belin? We chat about whether the Dragons have the forwards to dominate in the NRL as well as what they need to do differently to last year to have success.
Also, we chat with Illawarra Steelers SG Ball Half Trey Barlow about the win over Cronulla, looking forward to this weeks clash, goals, his footballing journey and more.
Plus latest Dragons news (Tyrell Sloan called into Indigenous Allstars camp, Jack Bird contract, George Burgess trial news and loads more!) and Fans questions.

Another good episode - thank you. I'm not sure I want to see JDB in the front row rotation - I believe he is one of the best number 13s going around and would rather leave him there. Trey Barlow came across as a well spoken and confident young man who I would guess is a real asset to the club. I hope he goes far in his league career.

jackyboi90

Juniors
A Red V Podcast that is crammed full of St George Illawarra goodness!
On this week's podcast, we chat with Spirit of The Red V author Geoff Armstrong. Geoff reminisces about the careers of both Johnny Raper and Mark Shulman, how they should be remembered and how much the Red V meant to them.

NRLW player Kody House drops by for a chat and gives us an insight into the season ahead, what Jamie Soward is like as a coach and her goals for the upcoming season.

We also wrap up all of the Junior Rep results and look forward to Round 3, preview the second-row position for the Dragons in 2022, latest Dragons news and tackle your fans questions.

jackyboi90

Juniors
Football is finally here folks!
On This weeks Red V Podcast we talk about the Dragons trial victory over Parramatta on Sunday Night. Who were the stars? Who flopped? And who might have nabbed a First Grade spot.
We bring you all the latest Dragons News (Fuimoano suspension, Jack Bird testing the open market and lower grade trials wrap).
Plus we answer your fans questions and have a full recap of the all the junior rep results from the weekend (Tarsha Gale Cup, Matthews Cup and SG Ball).

Latest posts