What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REDCLIFFE PRE-GAME WARM UPS

crocodileman

Juniors
I've just been given the mail on Redcliffe's pre-game warm ups that shows why the club are at the cutting edge of RL 'development.'
Here are some for your perusal:-

1. BENT KNEE LIFT - warm-up used to simulate tactics used on opposition players during games, especially in the groin region;

2. NECK EXTENSION - has a dual purpose. It assists Redcliffe players to avoid eye contact when a team mate is committing an illegality in back play. When done by officials, it mimics the shaking of the head that allows Redcliffe to reject any proposals put forward by other clubs at BRL/QRL meetings;

3. FINGER / THUMB STRETCH - we all remember Hopaote's famous finger tactics of yesteryear - well Redcliffe not only have perfected it but renamed it the 'Peninsula Plug'. Now we know why Schultzy and Stewbum spend so much time in the Reddy dressing rooms prior to gametime!!!

4. SIT UPS - they've been doing this one religiously for over 30 years and finally they believe its struck paydirt! Historically, Redcliffe were the minnows of the competition and believed that by performing sit ups, it would literally make the RL world "sit up" and take notice of them. It's finally working lads!

5. BACKSIDE SQUATS - tough butt muscles are imperative because it's tough work sitting on the shoulders of the Brisbane Rugby League community!

6. SMOKE AND MIRRORS ACTIVITY - Recently rejected by the Cancer Council however still employed by the club as it helps make opposition players and RL Officials think that they can't be touched by anyone.

Come on guys, who's had enough of these bloody pretenders. Were were they before the Bronx took the soul out of the competition in 1988. Bloody nowhere - even Brothers made them look like Reserve graders in 87. Where are you BigTommy, are you going to support me? Lets speak up Mud and Blood, isn't Schultzys' voice starting to bloody irritate you?

Who bloody else has had enough of them?[/b]

crocodileman

Juniors
Big Tommy, Mud, XXXXcap, Seagulls Rock, Dizi, et.al. :- come on guys the crocman needs a bit of support here. None of this politically correct stuff- back me up. I'd ask Stewbum for some support but he's the rugby league version of a transvestite - he doesn't know who to support - poor bugger doesn't even know whether to piss standing up or sitting down.
But that's another post.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Croc, you're the last bloke I thought would be needing support from anyone else. :eek:

I've been that worn down by twenty years of fruitless trips to the Peninsula Third World theme park known as Dolphin Oval, I don't have much left to throw at them.

Maybe they're due for someone to touch the till down there and bring them down from within like many clubs in the past. Don't know how to stop the bludgers otherwise. :cry:

Roosterphin

Juniors
crocodileman said:
Big Tommy, Mud, XXXXcap, Seagulls Rock, Dizi, et.al. :- come on guys the crocman needs a bit of support here. None of this politically correct stuff- back me up. I'd ask Stewbum for some support but he's the rugby league version of a transvestite - he doesn't know who to support - poor bugger doesn't even know whether to piss standing up or sitting down.
But that's another post.

Maybe if it was remotely funny you would be more successful

Big Tommy

Juniors
Like all empires of the past Redcliffe's will implode rather than explode from internal pressure.

Sorry Old Man Croc - I'm a little slow in jumping on your bandwagon after that pasting you gave my club and the coach and a few players the other week.

But back on Redcliffe, while I admire their professionalism it is this same professionalism which will prove their undoing in good time.

Those students of history, both football and otherwise, will know what i mean.

And yes Croc that 87 GF still brings a great big smile to my face. No shame for Redcliffe though in being made look second graders on the day - that was the start of the Brothers dynasty that team which never unfortunately was! But as people say - another story, another day.

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Crocky the dynasty is just getting started. We've had some tough years of late with our feeder club out of action but we are pleased that Brothers are back on the field so as soon as they start producing top hookers and half backs we'll be ready to help them move up north a few k's.

Here's a few exercises for the other clubs to practise.

Wynnum: Tap your boots together three times before running out onto Dolphin Oval and wish yourself home.

Easts: Beat your chest, make a lot of noise, then place hands firmly around throat.

Souths-Logan: Practice opening cans for after the game.

Wests: Pick up cans at Souths and take to alcoa for cash.

Norths: On your knees and hold position until further notice.

Toowoomba: Brick in each hand, extend arms, hold until season ends or Broncos pull out.

Ipswich: Open mouth, bite the hand that feeds.

Brothers-Valleys: Bend over outside Castlemaine Street, it may hurt but eventually they will tire of it.

oxenham

Juniors
In 1960 Redcliffe was unable to find any club to sponsor them for the BRL(understandably so) and approached Norths.The Devils agreed to sponsor
the dolphins for 10000 guineas.Redcliffe was unable to raise the funds and a compromise offer was tabled to Norths.
Redcliffe offered to pay 10% acruing compound interest with the final payment maturing in 2005.Norths after much soul searching (weren't confident that Redcliffe would last the distance) agreed and the document executed(most of the signatories beleiving it would not be their problem in 2005.....a reasonable position ).The payout is now a touch under One billion dollars(American.....smart treasurer at Norths)and Norths are in the process of serving notice on the Dolphins for the full amount(Suggest all contracted players make sure payments are up to date).There is some talk Redcliffe will offer Dolphin Oval and Woody Point as payment and move to Bribie Island to play in the sunshine coast league with Alfie as captain coach and Geoffrey as manager.So you see Redcliffe will not be an issue after this year.....Devils Oval sounds great :D

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Wasn't it great to see David Wright interview the old dragon Redcliffe women in red and white at the start of last week's ABC coverage.

Real in depth, revealing questions, David. Mike Willesee would be proud.

OK, which of the Dolphin forumers are related to these ladies, or is Stewbum actually one of them ? ;-)

mud n blood

Juniors
Related ?

I thought it was Stewbum, Matt and the Sarge all in drag .... :lol: None of those little squeaky dolphins there on saturday though.

The one that said she taped the game to watch it at home later, would have to be Stewbum, as the video would have to be one from a house he knocked over at Highgate Hill wouldn't it ? :shock:

crocodileman

Juniors
Quote:

Maybe if it was remotely funny you would be more successful

Didn't work for the Roosters last year did it chickenman!!

What being funny???

Oh they were very funny Roosterboy - I was laughing flat out before half time in the grand final.

I'd like to think the Redcliffe dynasty will continue for several years. However, it must be said that it only takes a couple of bad eggs to undo all the hard work done.

Keep up 'hilarious' posts, croc boy. Bet you won't be laughing when the trophy is displayed at Redcliffe Leagues once again.

crocodileman

Juniors
Keep up 'hilarious' posts, croc boy. Bet you won't be laughing when the trophy is displayed at Redcliffe Leagues once again.
If and when that happens I'll get my mate Dizi and his lowlife Ipswich mates to go there and knock it off and take it to Cash Converters where they will show ID belonging to BigTommy and his BV Committee. This will throw the cops off the scent because they wont know where to look - some of the hard line old cops who dont read newspapers will go to Neumann Oval to locate them and end up playing Cricket for Qld Second XI and others will go to "Corbett Dairy" and end up having a relationship with a single mum with 8 kids who lives in one of those ghettos that stand on Corbett Park today. Others will go to Kedron Wavell, some to Caboolture and others to Windsor Zillmere where they will also be unsuccessful in identifying anyone because they are so far from the action.

Meanwhile we'll get Mud to make a complaint to the CMC about his missing football team who along with crimestoppers arrange to have Teevan's face on the side of milk containers throughout Brisbane. Schultzy will wake up next morning go to have his usual cup of white tea and think he's been implicated in the Wests Missing Persons case and so will have to hide in one of those fox holes below Dolphin Oval where he will pray to his God (Bunny Pearce) for divine intervention.

Whoa!!

Latest posts