What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REDCLIFFE TO SIGN WILLIE MASON FOR 2005???

crocodileman

Juniors
Are those rumours floating around today really true? Could Willie Mason be headed to Redcliffe to play in 2005? In view of the allegations made against him, Redcliffe and Willie may actually be a perfect fit!! Consider the evidence:-

1. Willie is now hated by all of his team mates because of his arrogance and selfishness.

Redcliffe are hated by all Queensland clubs and players becuse of their arrogance and selfishness!!

2. Willie was allegedly fined for dressing inappropriately when attending police interviews.

Redcliffe players (in fact anyone living in the Peninsula region) also regularly dress like street urchins. Many in the peninsula also regularly attend police interviews as crime is rampant there.

3. A 'Mason' is someone who works with stone.

Redcliffe is full of people who's attitudes are set in stone!! For example - "We are the elite club in the QRL!" "Qld League wouldn't survive without us!" "We're better than them!" "Their ground is not half as good as Dolphin Oval." Sound familiar???

4. Canterbury play better without Mason?

Queensland Rugby League was better before Redcliffe joined.

5. Willie doesn't like catching trains.

Redcliffe don't have any trains or a rail link!!!

6. Willie eats greenseas tuna - it's dolphin safe, remember!!

7. Willie allegedly squanders his money on wasteful ventures.

Redcliffe, despite huge turnover, squander money on wasteful ventures.

8. People are sick of hearing about Willie Mason.

People are sick of hearing about Redcliffe.

Let's hope the rumours are true and e signs on the dotted line. Willie and Redcliffe - a match made in heaven I think!!

mud n blood

Juniors
this just gets better !

So you hate Wests, Norths and Redcliffe .... who's next on the hit list ? More to the point, who's your team ?

oxenham

Juniors
.....and teams west of Oxley,so I guess that counts Ipswich out....and can't like toowoomba because of the Horse connection.....looks more and more like Wynum xxxx.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
oxenham said:
.....and teams west of Oxley,so I guess that counts Ipswich out....and can't like toowoomba because of the Horse connection.....looks more and more like Wynnum xxxx.

Perhaps he's not. I'm just bracing myself for the usual caravan stuff about Wynnum. Reckon he's a Brothers man. :)

Big Tommy

Juniors
Don't lump him on my lot just yet!

Some of us micks may think his use of the big fella is a bit blasphemous - not me personally, I'm a bit of an all-round Catholic :D

While he is working his way through the clubs and regions having a bit of a go - I think he's also got a bit of taking the piss coming through as well.

Even this forum could use a laugh every now and then.

My bet is he's an old time Valleys man who has moved to the Gold Coast and lives about a thousand miles from the beach in one of those duplexes where you are probably a better chance of seeing sea water from downtown Brisbane. He wishes he could afford to visit Kakadu in The Territory but knows he won't be there in his lifetime.

He just has a little too much time on his hands - but hey croc man keep the insults coming!

mud n blood

Juniors
My bet is he's been sniffing the fumes from the stinky bogs at Davies Park too much. Either that or he mistook the freshly marked lines on the field for lines he usually does at parties ..... :lol:

Hey Tommy .... I hear you have a new committed Valleys-Brothers fan over your way .... :lol: .... next you'll be offering him life membership !!! Now we just gotta find someone new to do our scoreboard on home days .... :oops: .... but someone who knows tries are worth four points now, and not three .... :?

Big Tommy

Juniors
Mud, I've been trying to avoid bringing that point up - but anyway the secret is out now.

Yes, he's been cheering along for the Valley Diehards and generally being pretty well behaved.

Perhaps the argument for Brisbane Spirit grows stronger every day :)

crocodileman

Juniors
A lot of you guys claim you are loyal Brisbane league followers and love your clubs - well you obviously didn't attend some of the games I went to in the 1970's and 1980's. What about these traditional rivaries, all in brawls, if you didn't love a club, ya hated it with a passion!! Now I read all these pleasantries between forum members and civilised chatting, whereas 20 - 30 years ago if you were sitting near each other at the football you would have been yelling abuse at each other!!

It's about time some of you call a spade a spade, and start telling the truth. Mud and Blood, I feel sorry for you, just as I felt sorry for all those pathetic Wests supporters who lived in Paddington in the 1970's in the time when to live in Paddington meant you had the arse out of your pants.

Mr XXXX Wynnum man, forget the caravan jokes, just remember that if the world's temperature during the last ice age was just 0.2 degrees lower, Kougari Oval would be covered in seagrasses and be home to mating dugongs!!

Big Tommy, how do you sleep at night? Turning a one proud club like Brothers into a merged venture. If you were living in Melbourne you probably would have been assassinated like those underworld figures.

Let's get back to the glory days that many of you refer to. Go in high and hurt 'em, remember you can't run without a head.

Nows lets get back to some good old fashioned Redcliffe head kickin'.

Could be an Easts supporter. Hasn't singled the Tiges out for special attention yet. They're usually the first on the hit list with opposition supporters.

oxenham

Juniors
Seagullls
He is not redcliffe....his ceativity precludes this possibility :shock:
I think that leaves Easts,Souths or Valleys.....I am a bit with mud and think Souths is a strong possibility.
There is another option....you are not Tommy in disguise 8)
This tribalism bullshit is not relevant in todays society.....and i refute the relevance of my grandmother clocking a brothers supporter with her umbrella...God it was great :twisted:

mud n blood

Juniors
Could be a disgruntled Logan fan ..... :lol: ..... forced to follow all the islanders down there at Logan Brothers now ..... :oops:

And there's no proof that my uncle shoved a hot pie in the face of an Easts loud-mouth at halftime in the 1972 major semi at Lang Park ..... :shock: ..... I hope ......

Or that a Valleys-supporting relative of mine p!ssed in the unattended beer can of a Brothers fan at the 1974 grand final ..... :clap: :clap:

These terrible things are just a figment of imaginations, are they not ? :lol:

Sydney Carton

Juniors
Thank f*ck .....

About time for some shit stirring...... :clap:

Crocman you gotta be a scum supporter surely? How do you cope now that your St Vinnies shops have turned into cafe's cross the road from megamart? And where will you drink now that the Mansfield tavern is to become an Irish pub????

Big Tommy

Juniors
Not me in disguise I'm afraid Ox - although he does show a remarkable similarity to my creativity side.

I tried hard to get the Brothers/Norths passion going yesterday, but it is a bit hard when your side is getting thumped (although generally trying...)

Come to think of it there didn't seem to be a lot of Norths supporters there or much passion in those that were. Maybe the scoreline depressed their enthusiasm as well!

Croc man - while the names Brothers and Valleys are together as our trading and playing name, due to Valleys technically being wound up in the 90's - Past Brothers Rugby League Football Club (Brisbane) Inc is the single entity running the team. Therefore no sell out - no dilution of our history, heart and soul.

And let me say this, it is a pleasure and an honour for me to be associated in any way, shape or form with the name Valleys and the famous Diehard spirit. Make no mistake, the day is not far off when the names Brothers and Valleys once again will reign supreme on and off the field in Queensland sport!

crocodileman

Juniors
BigTommy, you obviously still believe in the tooth fairy if you believe that!! By the way I have some details about a Nigerian investment planner who has heaps of money he is giving away. All you need to do is give me your banking details and I will forward them on to him. I already know at least 50 people who he has made millionaires. Maybe with some of the money you make your mob can fix up that Zillmere Ziggurat you call your home ground!!

miccle

Bench
There is still SOME bit of rivalry left in the QCup though... surely! As a Toowoomba supporter, I can usually DEFINITELY feel it in the crowds when we play the Jets (or at least I could when i used to sit in the stands and can bar... before I started working for the clydies).

As for crocodileman... my money's on easts being his team. Wish i could've seen him at the game last saturday :lol: