What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffes Bourke & Tookey Retire

Tookey in surprise league retirement
29th November 2006 From AAP

Cult favourite Mark Tookey has surprisingly announced his rugby league retirement just days after announcing a two-year deal with reigning Queensland Cup champion Redcliffe.
Tookey, 29, moved back to Australia recently after a three-year stint in England.
The huge prop became a fan favourite during his time in Australia where he made his first grade debut for South Queensland Crushers in 1996.
He went on to enjoy stints at NRL clubs Parramatta and the New Zealand Warriors where he featured in their charge toward the 2002 NRL grand final.
He relocated to England in 2004 where he played for Super League clubs Castleford, London Broncos and Harlequins.
It was believed Tookey knocked back a lucrative Super League deal to return to Australia with his young family.
Redcliffe goal-kicking centre Greg Bourke has also retired.
Bourke, who played first grade for Balmain, Roosters and North Queensland, is the Queensland Cup's all-time leading point-scorer - 1,150 points in 141 matches.

nqcowboy87

Bench
i heard tookey took one look at the cones marked out for sprint training and decided to retire:)

Dogbert_26

Juniors
lol, didn't realise Tookey had signed on with Redcliffe, no big loss i guess. But the loss of Bourke will hurt us, truly one of the Queensland Cup's greats. Best of luck to him for the future

leroyrockboy

Juniors
Dogbert_26 said:
lol, didn't realise Tookey had signed on with Redcliffe, no big loss i guess. But the loss of Bourke will hurt us, truly one of the Queensland Cup's greats. Best of luck to him for the future
That's old news Dogbert... don't you read your Redcliffe and Bayside Herald newspaper?

Latest posts