What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Iamback

Coach
No need to do anything if they just do a weekly data dump and let football fans/nerds do the work.

That is what I mean. They'd have a program that collects the data anything in individual games should be moved across

T-Boon

Coach
I’d get rid of the “6 again” penalty and replace it with making all penalties a “4 back” penalty (got to have 4 defenders in in goal) plus kick at goal (and if you get it you get it it’s a drop out by the opposition).

I’d get rid of the “6 again” penalty and replace it with making all penalties a “4 back” penalty (got to have 4 defenders in in goal) plus kick at goal (and if you get it you get it it’s a drop out by the opposition).
I don’t always agree with your ideas, but I love their wackiness. Please keep it up; need more lateral thinking in the game.

gerg

Juniors

Do those defenders need to hold hands around the goalpost and sing ring around the rosey and skip in a clockwise direction?

T-Boon

Coach
Do those defenders need to hold hands around the goalpost and sing ring around the rosey and skip in a clockwise direction?
No. That would be silly. It would make a great rule into a silly rule. Come on brother, lift your game.

Penrith fan

Juniors
Some more terrible bunker decisions on the weekend

A few non decisions were Clearly tries.

One cost the Dolphins the win.

Shocking!

Vee

First Grade
20th minute. Sualii challenges a loose carry and the bunker can't see cardigans hand after the tackle is complete.

Please...

Vee

First Grade
33rd minute. Love this one. Walker offside on the left, broncos look and go right, f*ck up and turnover. Klein explains to teddy, "he had an impact ". I used to say "he influenced the play"

Well played ref.

T-Boon

Coach
I saw probably 2 tries last week that were allowed even thought the ref reviewed it (as they do all of them) and the play the ball was clearly not played with the foot.
This is an example of a rule change that they players/coaches have just implemented themselves.
Scrap the rule as it is in the book and make it whatever the players/coaches want.

Meth

Staff member
I stayed away from this thread, but I thought the ruling on the tackle on DWZ was bizarre.

Probably the sensible decision would have been to sin bin Marzhew.

nick87

Coach
I stayed away from this thread, but I thought the ruling on the tackle on DWZ was bizarre.

Probably the sensible decision would have been to sin bin Marzhew.

It should be a penalty try
It's a deliberate penalty in the act of scoring a try and if the infringement didnt happen it's almost certain DWZ scores.

But you're right, if for whatever dumb f**king reason the NRL have decided tackled in mid air ingoal is just not going to be awarded a penalty try... then it's at the very least a professional foul and a sin bin. Bizarre shit indeed

Meth

Staff member
It should be a penalty try
It's a deliberate penalty in the act of scoring a try and if the infringement didnt happen it's almost certain DWZ scores.

But you're right, if for whatever dumb f**king reason the NRL have decided tackled in mid air ingoal is just not going to be awarded a penalty try... then it's at the very least a professional foul and a sin bin. Bizarre shit indeed

Yeah I guess you can't be absolutely certain that Matthew's involvement was the sole contributor to the ball coming loose. But for a game that is so safety conscious, a penalty for a mid air tackle in any circumstances is so weird.

nick87

Coach
Yeah I guess you can't be absolutely certain that Matthew's involvement was the sole contributor to the ball coming loose. But for a game that is so safety conscious, a penalty for a mid air tackle in any circumstances is so weird.
Nothing is ever really certain but also the game has moved away from that distinction in recent years, the bar for a penalty try is not (and hasnt been for a few years) that high anymore, the bar is simply that in the opinion of the officials a try would have more than likely be scored.
Which was clearly the case with that incident. The only reason it's not a penalty try is the NRL decided for reasons unknown to anyone, that penalty try was simply not going to be awarded in such circumstances

Valheru

Coach
Annesely needs to quit before he reaches complete mental disintegration

He actually went on camera yesterday and said Sezar didn't commit a hip drop but it was still dangerous and should have been binned.

He is that desperate to back the bunker that he claims they were so focused on determining if it was a hip drop that they forgot to look at the "other dangerous aspects" of the tackle.

It was a hip drop Graham

no name

Coach
Annersley also pretty much implied that Butler lied to SJ when he said that they don’t give penalty tries for instances like the DWZ incident. He said that if either of the on field ref or bunker that he would have scored without the interference it could have been awarded a penalty try.

nick87

Coach
Annersley also pretty much implied that Butler lied to SJ when he said that they don’t give penalty tries for instances like the DWZ incident. He said that if either of the on field ref or bunker that he would have scored without the interference it could have been awarded a penalty try.
Oh really?
That's pretty funny in a "haha, what a mess" sort of way.