What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing - Going Forward

They've been getting away with heaps of shit in the ruck all year, and I have no idea how in every single game they play it doesn't get called. Think JAC's blatant flops on our players all the way back in round 10. That's when I first noticed it, obviously because it was against us, so when I watched their games ever since I've kept an eye on it - and they do it every single week with no punishment. It's outrageous considering how badly other teams - including ours- would be penalised to the point of being completely out of the contest if they did the same. On the flip side, it's keeping the dogs in the contest with a less than potent forward pack, and is a huge reason why their points conceded are so low. They just slow the ruck down to the extreme and somehow get away with everything despite how blatantly obvious it is.

They have a ton of serial offenders in there who obviously don't appear on the referee's 'tip sheet' (the tip sheets I think are one of the dumbest things to ever be introduced to the referees), but there are so many other players in other teams who do. For example, one in particular i've noticed from our team is Toby Couchman. Next time we play and you watch on TV, listen to how many times you hear the referee scream out "Toby!", and "Toby get up!", even if they've just hit the ground and Toby has every right to stay where he is for a little longer. Obviously appears on the tip sheets, and so if he makes a tackle, he has to move quicker than a dogs player who doesn't appear on the tip sheet, thus speeding up the ruck to our disadvantage and slowing it down to the dogs advantage in games. They really need to clean the referees up, they're not anywhere near good enough
They're not referees- they're official match-fixers, as exemplified by their mind-boggling inconsistency which can only be attributable to incompetence or corruption.

BLM01

First Grade
They're not referees- they're official match-fixers, as exemplified by their mind-boggling inconsistency which can only be attributable to incompetence or corruption.
Conspiracy theorists will say NRL need Dragons to lose to keep the spot for 8th interesting for a while and keep the roll of 3 of the chasing 4 teams something to play for. Sharks to win and get the calls today.
I say bullocks. Best thing that can happen for the NRL is for Dragons to make the 8. Well that is my theory and we can get a 2 game gap on the chasers in a few hours. We still are not home after that anyway.

Efresh

Coach
Conspiracy theorists will say NRL need Dragons to lose to keep the spot for 8th interesting for a while and keep the roll of 3 of the chasing 4 teams something to play for. Sharks to win and get the calls today.
I say bullocks. Best thing that can happen for the NRL is for Dragons to make the 8. Well that is my theory and we can get a 2 game gap on the chasers in a few hours. We still are not home after that anyway.
Best outcome for the NRL is dragons 8th and Dogs 5th. Massive week 1 sellout semi final.